Millennium 1 Feb Cruise: Well done Celebrity

Rustyman

We’re just home from this cruise and want to thank Celebrity for making it such a great one. The crew, officers and everyone we met on board were happy and could not have been more helpful. After 3 stops at Vietnam ports the cruise hit the buffers with intended ports changing daily and on one day the ports were changed twice. As it turned out either Celebrity cancelled ports for our safety or countries refused us entry. The cruise was ultimately cut short by 5 nights and we terminated at Singapore rather than Hong Kong.

The compensation offered to all passengers by Celebrity was very generous and in addition they covered all flight changes and hotel accommodations on touch down at Singapore.

We ate every evening at the MDR and the food was all delicious. We usually have a couple of nights in the speciality restaurants but no need as MDR was the best. The Oceanview food was all so good. Service on board was excellent maybe better than usual as the ship was far from full.

The cruise was probably the happiest we’ve ever taken due to every interaction with crew and passengers alike and we can’t wait to do it all again.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Bo1953 said:

Thank you for reporting your experiences.

I trust this will go a long way to inform others accordingly.

Any 'downsides' to report from your sailing?

bon voyage

No, not a single downside. Of course we would have liked the cruise to run its full term but that was not feasible given the Coronavirus fears in the region.

Oh and one more positive, this was the only cruise I can remember where I never heard a single person cough. The ship was spotless and in great nick.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We too are now home from the 1st February cruise and must agree with the OP.

The crew could not be faulted, we understand that 6/900 passengers cancelled so their tips did not go to the staff who all were working harder than usual. More cleaning, more people on hand gel duties, table clearing, washing walls and floors etc etc. Back office staff coping with port changes, tours being arranged, unarranged, rearranged & cancelled. Port days became sea days and  entertainments were added and altered.

And amidst all this all the crew we interacted with were cheerful and only concerned that we still had a wonderful cruise.They must have had the same concerns as we did but they never let their personal worries affect their professionalism.

Even on the day of debarkation the ship ship was running an almost full service, films showing in the theatre, quizzes and activities round the ship, MDR and buffet open.  We could disembark up to 5pm and free shuttles available all day to the airport. 

We heard not not one complaint only appreciation for the efforts being made. I hope they had one hell of a party once we all got off, they surely deserved it. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Thank you for sharing your experience, especially as we are booked on the SE Asia cruise at the end of February and still hoping it will be possible to go through and won't be cancelled by Celebrity, either if they are forced to do so because of the circumstances or there's nobody left on the ship besides us two and the crew... Unfortunately but understandably there have been loads of cancellations.

But a review like this of your time on board is simply great to read. Thank you.

• Like 1

Thank you so very much for sharing your impressions of a cruise that was very very "far from normal". I have always said that the true test of any person, or any group of people, is how they respond to adverse or difficult conditions. Clearly the Millennium crew and leadership deserves high scores!

😎

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, grayjay said:

Thank you for sharing your experience, especially as we are booked on the SE Asia cruise at the end of February and still hoping it will be possible to go through and won't be cancelled by Celebrity, either if they are forced to do so because of the circumstances or there's nobody left on the ship besides us two and the crew... Unfortunately but understandably there have been loads of cancellations.

But a review like this of your time on board is simply great to read. Thank you.

Just think of the pampering if it turns out to be just two (2) passengers!

Run of the house in terms of cabins...

Personalized entertainment...

No chair hogs....

Private Art shows...

LOL, I would love it...

bon voyage

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Rustyman said:

Oh and one more positive, this was the only cruise I can remember where I never heard a single person cough. The ship was spotless and in great nick.

Wouldn’t have dared! 🤐😉

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bo1953 said:

Just think of the pampering if it turns out to be just two (2) passengers!

Run of the house in terms of cabins...

Personalized entertainment...

No chair hogs....

Private Art shows...

LOL, I would love it...

bon voyage

Private Art Shows!! That means you only bid against yourself......I’ll bid $2.00 for that work.....going..going..sold for $2!!!

Wonderful thread.

Den

Edited by Denny01
  • Haha 1

On 2/12/2020 at 7:51 AM, Rustyman said:

We’re just home from this cruise and want to thank Celebrity for making it such a great one. The crew, officers and everyone we met on board were happy and could not have been more helpful. After 3 stops at Vietnam ports the cruise hit the buffers with intended ports changing daily and on one day the ports were changed twice. As it turned out either Celebrity cancelled ports for our safety or countries refused us entry. The cruise was ultimately cut short by 5 nights and we terminated at Singapore rather than Hong Kong.

The compensation offered to all passengers by Celebrity was very generous and in addition they covered all flight changes and hotel accommodations on touch down at Singapore.

We ate every evening at the MDR and the food was all delicious. We usually have a couple of nights in the speciality restaurants but no need as MDR was the best. The Oceanview food was all so good. Service on board was excellent maybe better than usual as the ship was far from full.

The cruise was probably the happiest we’ve ever taken due to every interaction with crew and passengers alike and we can’t wait to do it all again.

So nice to hear someone give Celebrity praise where it is deserved.  So many people complain about the furniture down to a lack of pens being offered on board.  It's so nice to hear from someone who appreciates how hard the crew worked to help everyone on board have a great cruise.  I was worried about my up-coming cruise on the Summit.  News like this makes me more confident about traveling.  This is why Celebrity is my favorite cruise line! Thanks for your post!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for posting.  Sorry to learn your cruise was cut short but sounds like Celebrity went the extra mile to ensure that your vacation would be one to remember.  

Your review, and those who were also on your sailing who have chimed in, offer some sense of reassurance that embarking on a cruise isn't a death wish.  There has been so much fear mongering from so many sources and outlets that I get a sense that people are second guessing their decision to cruise....anywhere, not just in Asia.  I get there is reason for heightened sanitary practices and even health concerns for some categories of travelers, but I so appreciate you reporting on what Celebrity has done to ensure safe travels for it's passengers.  Bravo!

• Thanks 1

Many thanks for starting this post

I must also add my positive remarks to this post.We have cruised many times with Celebrity and have always had great experiences with them.This cruise however went over and above the norm when the ship was faced with a very difficult situation.The officers were at all times visible and able to answer any questions and the crew were continually making sure that the cruise experience we had ,albeit cut short, was as good as they could make it.Remember of course that all crew on board had no idea what was going to happen to them when the cruise left Singapore and we can only hope that for such a hard working young men & women they have not had any negative impact.

Thanks again to Celebrity for your hard work and professionalism and thanks for keeping us safe