Least favourite thing preparing for a cruise.

Adawn47

Making sure that photos and videos are downloaded from phones & cameras and then backing up the laptop.  I used to be organised and do all that stuff after getting back from holiday but have become lazy over the years.  Last couple of cruises did manage to clear phones & cameras whilst on cruise, but still haven't backed up the laptop...……

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

The 8.5 hour drive!

I completely sympathize, last few years we've stayed overnight halfway down but this year it may not be possible and I am already dreading the drive with myself, wife, son and in-laws crammed in the car. 

You have a much longer journey than us so I suppose I should be grateful for small mercies!

• Like 1

Suppose mine will be the last minute packing. 

no matter how many times I will say to hubby to try his suit on or get his clothes out for me to pack he likes to do this on the last day. Me I’ve already started and we have 49 days left! I’ve bought another dress for me, I’ve been shopping for the kids clothes, although I do need to go back to swap sizes for my little shorty since the dresses are too long. 

I know I will have loads to do this year as it’s school the day before we leave and I’m also at work and hubby will do naff all. Least I have a few days running up to it that will be ok. 

having to clear the fridge and cupboards of perishables. Making sure the bins are at the tip cos no one will put our bin out for us. Taking the dog to nanans which will mean hours spent there after work and school. 

we only have 3.5 hours drive I think. Just down the M1. Last year it was the girls singing that drove me nuts. Hubby is in charge of checking everything is locked as I don’t remember things like that. 

even though all thus stuff is a ball ache to do id much rather be doing it knowing I am going on holiday - no cooking, cleaning etc 

only 20 shifts at work to go! So sad I’m counting down

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, HappyGiraffe said:

Losing the battle to zip up the second suitcase and the sinking realisation that perfectly packed suitcase #1 is going to have to be emptied and repacked again to get all the essentials in!

Oh. I thought that problem was unique to me. At least that's what my husband is always telling me 😆

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

In this case our least favourite thing is struggling to feel enthusiastic or excited about our cruise in a fortnight. Feel anxious about Coronavirus but are confident that P&O will keep us all safe. Feel worried about how the ship will be welcomed or otherwise at the various ports as the virus spreads. We are happy to accept any change of ports. 

We love cruising with P&O and have enjoyed many cruises.  We don’t plan to cancel, but accept that at the last minute we may feel forced to cancel and bear the loss of our money. In the end health is more important than money.

Carry on cruising and keep well everybody.

Oh, did I mention the ironing?

I wouldn't dream of ironing things pre-packing (not that I iron much anyway), nor of packing for my OH. We don't leave our house empty as the cat-sitter lives in, so don't have to worry about emptying fridge, bins etc. Our journey to Southampton takes less than an hour and we never fly.

For me, as someone said up-thread, the worst thing is arranging the travel insurance, taking into account my pre-existing conditions. that and actually leaving the cats on the day of the cruise. And if that is the worst I have to worry about, I am truly blessed 🙂