Currently On Board Celebrity Equinox 2/15-2/22

keesar

On 2/18/2020 at 9:07 AM, AnnemarieC76 said:

Thanks!  I was hoping they would be going through passports to ensure that no one has traveled through effected areas; unfortunately not everyone is forthcoming with this information if they know they will not be permitted to board the ship.  

We are on an 11 night on Equinox April 21st.  I'm more nervous about germs on the plane then the cruise.  

• Like 5

On 2/18/2020 at 9:57 AM, Cruiseoholic000 said:

In the photo above is that a pitcher of ice tea 🙂  Would they be able to do that in concierge cabins?

Our pitcher comes refilled with a different flavored  tea daily.  It  seems that sugar has been added which makes drinking the flavored tea easier.  There had been no sugar in the past but different this cruise.   I did not see it listed as an amenity on Concierge Class. But you can ask your attendant.

Today we are in Tortola.  Only one other ship here, Costa.  Clear at sunrise and then a shower around 8 am.  Sun was out at 9 and another monsoon shower at 11. They last for about 10 minutes.   We  took a Celebrity excursion to Norman Island  for snorkeling.  Waters were clear, air temps around 80, and seas at 79 degrees.  We snorkeled in the caves and saw a variety of fish.  Then we went to a second stop on the island where you could snorkel from shore,  swim at a beach, get food and drinks for $ at the  beach club.  We went snorkeling and saw 3 sea turtles and more fish. Coral was alive at this stop.   Fun excursion.

Last night, the IT serviceman came by to install a wifi signal booster in our room.  Not sure why but I am not going to argue with him.  

Tortola has developed from our last time here.  Small port and very quiet.  It is a pretty island.  Locals are complaining about the winds and rain they have had here for a couple of week.  

We are also onboard right now.

Our balcony room has what appear to be updated curtains (a light steel blue/gray color) but carpet is the older red/beige.  Room is overall in good condition and the bed is comfortable, my biggest concern!

The new way they do the movies is very irritating, it looks as if you have to purchase but then eventually find out that they are free.  Selection far more limited than in the past.  Had to make a trip to guest services to ensure I wouldn't be charged.

Balcony furniture is silly; I can't remember if the last time I was on EQ if we had a table large enough for at least coffee or a snack but this is just a side table, essentially.  So we sit out there and balance our plates on our laps... Modern Luxury.

Speaking of Modern Luxury, there are NO pads or pens in the room.  I asked and eventually was provided a pad and two pencils.  We are traveling with family in the adjoining stateroom and need/want to leave notes for them frequently.  Or for each other, or whatever.  Why is this happening and why do we only get pencils that roll around everywhere?

Our stateroom attendant is a rockstar, essentially.  He is very great at anticipating our needs and handling the needs of our children.  (Like, the day that the sheets on the foldout couch bed got some pizza sauce on them they were changed without a request.)

We had a small hiccup in Murano with our booking and a need to change times, but it was ultimately sorted and the food was quite good.  (I had the sole, husband had venison, both excellent.)

Music acts are quality; lack of much live music on formal night (at least at the times I am out and about) is perplexing and I noticed this last month on EQ as well.

We have sailed CC, AQ, and SS in the past on X.  This is our first "regular balcony" but honestly as compared to CC or even AQ we aren't finding it that different.  The room seems exactly the same minus the fancy showerhead in AQ which was nice but really no big deal.  Didn't use Persian Garden passes much.  Our steward has been great, as mentioned.  Our location is on the hump and very convenient.  We liked Blu for just the two of us (or the time we sailed with friends) but it isn't really a restaurant I think my kids would like so it's not a problem for now.  

• Like 1

On 2/17/2020 at 6:31 PM, helen haywood said:

Jim, as I understand it, all Concierge and Aqua cabins got the full refurbishments:  new balcony furniture including a smaller table, new drapes, new carpet, new mattresses and bedding, smaller coffee table, larger TV, removal of the three shelves by the TV, new artwork.

The Passport Bar got new carpet and chairs and tables.  That’s all I can say from personal experience.  

Thanks much.   Really getting excited to be back on her after a number of years.    We fly out in 23 days.

On 2/18/2020 at 6:57 AM, Cruiseoholic000 said:

In the photo above is that a pitcher of ice tea 🙂  Would they be able to do that in concierge cabins?

Not sure.   It is listed as a perk for AQ.    I personally don't care for it and ask the room attendant to skip both that and the little snacks they leave daily. 

5 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Not sure.   It is listed as a perk for AQ.    I personally don't care for it and ask the room attendant to skip both that and the little snacks they leave daily. 

It was like flavored water and we did not drink it much. The snacks were OK  Previously we had the cheese and crackers and they were OK

7 hours ago, aml3679 said:

food.

7 hours ago, aml3679 said:

We are having a great relaxing cruise.

Pros: cabin Aqua 1623

Eating in Blu - great service and food.

Shows

Cons: ports of call not interesting- San Juan, St. Thomas and Tortola

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We often stay in 1623.

We enjoy snorkeling and the last 2 ports have been great.  Love the improved food in Blu.   Very good cruise.

Tonite there is a Full Moon party with live music by the pool. Many dressed in white.

500 booster signal devices installed to improve internet signal. Got one last night.

17 hours ago, keesar said:

Today we are in Tortola.  Only one other ship here, Costa.  Clear at sunrise and then a shower around 8 am.  Sun was out at 9 and another monsoon shower at 11. They last for about 10 minutes.   We  took a Celebrity excursion to Norman Island  for snorkeling.

I love the BVI, in May 2017 we chartered a 45ft catamaran for 10 days and visited a different Island every day and night. Norman was one of them and we snorkeled the same caves, they were amazing.  That was a trip of a lifetime and just before the hurricane devastated the islands, the boat we chartered was destroyed in that storm.

Loving your blog on your cruise. 

Edited by terrydtx

4 hours ago, little britain said:

Thanks for updates. 
How busy are the specialty restaurants and are they offering any discounts on board? 

On the Evening Chic night, the restaurants were busy.  On the last two port days, Tuscan was slow and Petit Chef was about 2/3 full or less.  I have not been searching out deals as we like Blu, but early in the week I booked a restaurant in this way.  The person at the desk in the restaurant gave me HIS price, and I responded  that I paid X  last time, and he said "Fine".   I was happy.  

Today, is a Sea Day.

A couple of us who have MacBooks have been having issues with internet connections.  However, our iPhones are working just fine.  I cannot figure that out but may upgrade the OS next time.

Laundry came back exactly 24 hours later.  And we did not use the expedited service option.

We are going to Murano for lunch ($25) today after our wine tasting.  Then after Murano, heading to an Elite  Afternoon Tea.  I will probably gain a few pounds and need a nap later. 😀

15 minutes ago, keesar said:

Today, is a Sea Day.

A couple of us who have MacBooks have been having issues with internet connections.  However, our iPhones are working just fine.  I cannot figure that out but may upgrade the OS next time.

Laundry came back exactly 24 hours later.  And we did not use the expedited service option.

We are going to Murano for lunch ($25) today after our wine tasting.  Then after Murano, heading to an Elite  Afternoon Tea.  I will probably gain a few pounds and need a nap later. 😀

is Murano having a high tea? I have not seen anything recently and wondering if the did away with this. 

56 minutes ago, keesar said:

On the Evening Chic night, the restaurants were busy.  On the last two port days, Tuscan was slow and Petit Chef was about 2/3 full or less.  I have not been searching out deals as we like Blu, but early in the week I booked a restaurant in this way.  The person at the desk in the restaurant gave me HIS price, and I responded  that I paid X  last time, and he said "Fine".   I was happy.  

Thanks.  Would $30pp for Tuscan be a good price to aim for??

19 hours ago, aml3679 said:

We are having a great relaxing cruise.

Pros: cabin Aqua 1623

Eating in Blu - great service and food.

Shows

Cons: ports of call not interesting- San Juan, St. Thomas and Tortola

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Who is the current host/hostess in Blu?  Enjoy the rest of your cruise!  

3 hours ago, terrydtx said:

I love the BVI, in May 2017 we chartered a 45ft catamaran for 10 days and visited a different Island every day and night. Norman was one of them and we snorkeled the same caves, they were amazing.  That was a trip of a lifetime and just before the hurricane devastated the islands, the boat we chartered was destroyed in that storm.

Loving your blog on your cruise. 

Friends of mine also do this.  The boat they chartered was destroyed also.  They were back in January 2020 for the first time since the storm.

3 hours ago, kayehall said:

Friends of mine also do this.  The boat they chartered was destroyed also.  They were back in January 2020 for the first time since the storm.

My Sister and BIL who were on our 2017 trip, were back last summer and surprised how much has bounced back from the hurricane.

5 hours ago, Cruiseoholic000 said:

is Murano having a high tea? I have not seen anything recently and wondering if the did away with this. 

Murano is having lunch today. Captain’s Club is having an Elegant High Tea in Blu.