Currently On Board Celebrity Equinox 2/15-2/22

keesar

We are currently on the Equinox.  Flight got in 45 minutes early, luggage was among the first off the plane, and got to the port quickly.  Great start.  The early boarding was very disorganized, even with the new check in format.  It seems that the public address system failed, no signs were posted as to the boarding order,  etc.  There are two entrances to the ship after checking in with your passes.  The first is for handicapped and those with 'expedited' on the boarding pass.  Then farther down, Concierge and Aqua guests boarded in that order.  

No outdoor  sail away party or music due to rain and wind.  Venues brought inside.  First night, seas were running at 15 feet!  Rock and rock.  Today, some chops but a beautiful day on way to San Juan.

Here are some comments:

-Aqua and Concierge have new carpeting and cushions on the furniture. Color schemes are light blues and grays.

-Brand new Egyptian cotton towels in the bath

-Food has been excellent so far.

-We paid in advance for Murano on the first night.  30% discount for all Specialty Restaurants.   Murano was excellent as usual.  The gratuities were included in the price.  Nothing to sign as we were told it had been taken care of.

- Cruise Critic Meet and Greet had a poor turnout by members.  All the Officers were there and were friendly and mingled with all of us.  Friendly staff.

- Still no foot rests on the verandas.  When I asked, they were on order and should be arriving in late February or early March.

- Internet has been really good so far.  Best I have ever had and we have been at sea.  

- Trivia events have been packed.  All are in the Sky Lounge and the place is filled.  And yes, the Sky Lounge escaped the renovation.

- iPad Pro and MacBooks are for sale in the iLounge.

I will try  my best to answer any questions.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

We just got off the Equinox on Sat.   (😞) Great cruise and smooth seas.  I hope your seas and weather  improve.  Wonderful, friendly staff and a very lively crowd.  The internet was the best we had on a cruise and we liked the set up of the new TV.  

have a wonderful cruise!

We are currently on this cruise, too!  Our embarkation was very quick and easy. We went down to the far end and a a fairly short wait, the concierge let that class get on first, after the last person went through, she looked at us and said there is no line, go ahead. We were on the ship, dropped off our carryons in the cabin and at the OV bar by 1110.

Great cruise so far, food has been better than what we experienced in June. My only complaint would be the extremely loud music at the Martini Bar.  People were shouting to have a conversation which made the noise even worse. 

Sherri🙂

2 hours ago, terrydtx said:

How is the pricing on the iPad compared to land?

What cabin class are you in?

Have a great cruise.

There are no prices posted on the iPad Pro but will try to find out.  They also just received some Apple iWatches.

We are in Aqua Class.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, keesar said:

There are no prices posted on the iPad Pro but will try to find out.  They also just received some Apple iWatches.

We are in Aqua Class.

Thank you, looking forward to your dinning experiences in Blu. We are booked next year on the Infinity in AQ on our first X cruise in 12 years. We left HAL because we want to try Celebrity AQ with the exclusive Blu dinning venue, something HAL doesn't have.

The Captain of the ship is Captain Dimitrios Manetas.  He just came on board and will be here for a couple of months.  He is friendly and just presents the information that I expect from a Captain.  He has a really friendly group of officers who mingle with the passengers.  Down to earth.

The cost of the Xcelerate (internet) is advertised as Full Cruise Packages as low as $20 per day for Surf (basic)  and $39 per day for Stream.  We were offered a 30% discount being Elite.   Somehow, Celebrity had given this to us for free just before we cruised. 

I feel the live music on board has been outstanding.  All of the musicians/groups have been quite entertaining.  

New artwork about the ship which is an improvement from the pre-renovation.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, CruisinDawn said:

Get on the day you get off 🙂 What version of iPad Pro's do they have & price? Have a huge chunk of OBC to spend and thought about getting an upgrade. 

BonVoyage

Dawna

The version is the May 2018.  Cost is $649 for the 64 GB  memory.

• Thanks 1

We just got off the Equinox Two weeks ago. I bought an iPad on the cruise. I was looking at an iPad 7 128mgb but wanted to see an iPad Pro. The price was exactly what Apple online price is minus state tax. They had a few apple watches but they were not newest. Bottom line they have a limited selection in inventory. Manager told me each ship has same inventory and when anything is sold onshore decides when and if it gets replaced. So if you are in the market for a specific iPad or watch buy at home. If you are just using OBC then look at best option and decide. That is what I did. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, merknerk said:

We are boarding Equinox next Saturday. How was the check in with corona virus in the news?

It was very simple, we were just asked about any travel to China, Singapore or Macau in the past few weeks, had we been around any one from those areas  recently and had we experienced any flu like symptoms recently?  Only took a minute.

Sherri🙂

2 hours ago, sjb317 said:

It was very simple, we were just asked about any travel to China, Singapore or Macau in the past few weeks, had we been around any one from those areas  recently and had we experienced any flu like symptoms recently?  Only took a minute.

Sherri🙂

Where you asked to show your passport to prove you have not traveled to these locations?  

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Would love to see some pictures of what got upgraded during the shortened dry dock. 

We were on the first sailing after the dry dock last summer. I don't recall any significant changes that took place, which obviously is largely due to the shortened dry dock period. No changes that we seen in veranda cabins from our previous sailing in 2018. Sky lounge was still intact, which is our favorite spot on the ship. We're sailing again 4/11, so hopeful more common area decor and some stateroom changes have taken place by then. 

1 hour ago, AnnemarieC76 said:

Where you asked to show your passport to prove you have not traveled to these locations?  

The agent scanned the first page of our passport into her IPad but as far as I could tell, there was no checking of anything.

Sherri🙂