Stock Benefit Question

FLAHAM

7 hours ago, seemoreroyals said:

Earnings reports on NCLH out Thursday.  I think I will jump in if stock dips below $48.  It may bounce upward if it has favorable report and projections going forward.  Long term, if economy stays strong and coronovirus does not turn into Captain Tripps NCLH should continue to go higher.

Captain Tripps ,,,, I hope not,,, I would hate to make a stand again

• Like 1

Posting - close of business 2/18/2020

Norwegian Cruise Line Hldg L NCLH View Interactive Chart
51.69 Change Down -0.77(-1.47%)

nclh 5-Minute
Previous Close

Open $52.09
High $52.35
Low $51.49
Prev. Close $52.46
Volume 2.18M
Shares Out 212.76M
Market Cap $10,997.46M
52-Wk High 01/17 $59.78
52-Wk Low 08/05 $45.64
Avg Volume 1.91M
P/E 11.67
EPS 4.43
Dividend 0.00
Yield 0.00
Ex Date N/A

Note NCL does not pay dividends !

Just now, don't-use-real-name said:

Note NCL does not pay dividends !

Which is why NCL stock will be the first thing sold when I can no longer cruise and need money back for other things.  But in the meantime, the tax-free OBC is a good investment for me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, julig22 said:

Which is why NCL stock will be the first thing sold when I can no longer cruise and need money back for other things.  But in the meantime, the tax-free OBC is a good investment for me.

The OBC is a good trade off for lack of dividends - but to have stock just to get the OBC is questionable !

• Like 2

Totally appreciate the conversation here. Been an investor for many years. Some great benefits and successes, some not so much. In this particular arena..... tend to agree with don't-use-real-name. Can totally work well if one plans their cruises well. All that said, if NCL stock drops a couple more points, I'm probably in.  🙂 

Just cause. 

1 hour ago, kdmbluerzr said:

Totally appreciate the conversation here. Been an investor for many years. Some great benefits and successes, some not so much. In this particular arena..... tend to agree with don't-use-real-name. Can totally work well if one plans their cruises well. All that said, if NCL stock drops a couple more points, I'm probably in.  🙂 

Just cause. 

Can totally work well if one plans their cruises well.

Planning just one cruise and getting the OBC ?

Planning more than one NCL cruise and getting the OBC on every cruise now that's good planning !!!

• Like 1

On 2/18/2020 at 8:58 AM, seemoreroyals said:

Earnings reports on NCLH out Thursday.  I think I will jump in if stock dips below $48.  It may bounce upward if it has favorable report and projections going forward.  Long term, if economy stays strong and coronovirus does not turn into Captain Tripps NCLH should continue to go higher.

Still have not bought my 100 shares.  Tempted, but with the failure to contain coronavirus  and NCLH sitting at $42 and some change and stock market in a free fall,  I am conflicted on what to do.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, seemoreroyals said:

Still have not bought my 100 shares.  Tempted, but with the failure to contain coronavirus  and NCLH sitting at $42 and some change and stock market in a free fall,  I am conflicted on what to do.

I bought late Friday and have now lost $400-50 but have faith the market will come back up to the usual level of around

$55+ a share - the Stock Market is the original NCL amusement park ride with its roller coaster rides.

Still will get the bonus $100 OBC on each and every cruise regardless of virus.

1 hour ago, don't-use-real-name said:

I bought late Friday and have now lost $400-50 but have faith the market will come back up to the usual level of around

$55+ a share - the Stock Market is the original NCL amusement park ride with its roller coaster rides.

Still will get the bonus $100 OBC on each and every cruise regardless of virus.

Dont worry.it will bounce back, but having said that, I don’t think it’s bottomed out yet.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, seemoreroyals said:

Just bought 100 shares @ $41 a share.  Will buy more if NCLH continues to drop to average out.  NCLH is an excellent company that unfortunately is caught in the perfect storm of economic uncertainty due to the current virus outbreak.  My hope is that in another 60 days this coronavirus will run its course and NCLH will seek out a level that is back in the $50 - $60 range.  

I actually plan to purchase right around march 15th, as that is the average end of "flu" season around the world.  I know it seems nuts, but I feel like it will continue to struggle as February is a bad flu month, so I am going to roll the bones as they say and then jump in at that point.  I feel it is all up from there.  People worried about a new Flu being an issue in May and beyond are not thinking about how the flu itself works, and the fact that it will slow down for the summer.

All of this is just my humble opinion of course.

14 hours ago, P_Mcruisers said:

I am waiting for 33/35.... If it goes there. I will reassess at that time. 

i bought 500 shares at $48 from a couple of years ago. sold 400 at ~$65.

and made lots of $ from the shareholder obc.

put in another order of 200 shares at $38, $33, and $28.

im cost averaging.

will sell again when stock goes back over $60. (except 100 shares)

ncl stock yoyo's between 40s and 60s

Edited by fstuff1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, fstuff1 said:

im cost averaging.

Honestly I would say more then 80% of the market works this way.  You have to know where to get on and where to get off.  Very few stocks are Apple or Amazon or Tesla (someone please explain that stock price for a company that doesn't even know when or how it will make it's first dollar profit!).  Your plan is exactly what I plan to run once I get on, always watch for breakouts, but otherwise, ride the ride and enjoy the credits.

2 hours ago, fstuff1 said:

im cost averaging.

Many ways to successfully invest and yours is a sound one. 

4 minutes ago, Budget Queen said:

To make money with NCL you have to trade.   Most people do not.   For my investment priority you have to cruise at least 4-5 times every year.   I had $2000+ stockholder benefit last year.   

Is the $2000+ from selling above what you paid for shares or did you take 20 cruises last year?

5 hours ago, fstuff1 said:

im cost averaging.

thinking of buying another 100 shares in a day or two if it keeps going down.  Then I have 100 to keep and 100 to sell. 

• Like 1