What is the procedure to bring wine on the cruise?

You may only bring two 750 ml bottles per stateroom. It must be in your carry on and only at the port of embarkation. No corkage if consumed in your stateroom. Others have reported not being charged in restaurants either. Ymmv 

11 minutes ago, cruisegirl1976 said:

My friend got the wine bottles with no corks.. and didn't get charged and refilled her glass in her stateroom quite a few times..lol

It does not matter whether the bottle has a cork or not, the corkage fee is not for opening the bottle, it’s for taking the bottle to and consuming it in a public area.

14 minutes ago, Tahoenation17 said:

We are in a 2 bedroom grand suite with 6 people.  There are 2 reservations.  So can we bring 4 bottles total?

Good question. It’s 2 bottles per stateroom, is a 2 bedroom suite considered one or two staterooms? Regardless, I’m sure 4 bottles is no problem as long as it’s 2 different people each bringing their 2 bottles.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, blackshirt said:

Good question. It’s 2 bottles per stateroom, is a 2 bedroom suite considered one or two staterooms? Regardless, I’m sure 4 bottles is no problem as long as it’s 2 different people each bringing their 2 bottles.

a 2 bedroom suite is officially considered one stateroom.  YMMV

• Thanks 1

We have been bringing our own on board for several years now and have never been charged a corking fee in any of the restaurants.  Our most recent cruises in january on allure and serenade did not charge in mdr chops or giovannis.   In fact the waiter in mdr gave us a cork screw that we could keep.

1 hour ago, blackshirt said:

It does not matter whether the bottle has a cork or not, the corkage fee is not for opening the bottle, it’s for taking the bottle to and consuming it in a public area.

Well whatever the corkage fee is for.. she had her wine in her room and enjoyed her vacation. :)..

1 hour ago, cruisegirl1976 said:

Well whatever the corkage fee is for.. she had her wine in her room and enjoyed her vacation. :)..

It’s for allowing you to bring your own wine to a venue where they would otherwise sell it to you. Has absolutely nothing to do with who opens the bottle whether or not it actually has a cork. 

45 minutes ago, gerif said:

It’s for allowing you to bring your own wine to a venue where they would otherwise sell it to you. Has absolutely nothing to do with who opens the bottle whether or not it actually has a cork. 

Ok.. get it.. just saying what my friend did.. I personally could care less.. I don't drink wine.. I'm a beer gal,, and had the beverage package.. 

4 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Check 2, carry 2😉🍷

Carry 2 per person and go through separate security lines

I do not support these actions, though

John, I wish you wouldn’t tell people how to scam the system.

Years ago no one was allowed to bring wine on board. I love that we are allowed now. 

If folks figure out a way to scam the system, it is probably best kept to themselves or at least not posted to a public forum. 

thanks

m

4 hours ago, Tahoenation17 said:

We are in a 2 bedroom grand suite with 6 people.  There are 2 reservations.  So can we bring 4 bottles total?

No.  Each cabin regardless of how many it holds is limited to 2 bottles

4 minutes ago, goldfish65 said:

Will I be allowed to bring one magnum (1.5 L?)

no.  A bottle may not exceed 750 ml.