Sistahs Cruise: Bliss NY to Bahamas, Feb 23-March 1

Greenpea2

Love the sistahs cruise.  My 2 sisters and I just got off the Bliss on 2/16.  We were in an aft Haven.  And we LOVED Monica in the Haven lounge.  She took good care of us.  I brought my expired passport so that was a bit of a mess at the pier but NCL came up with a solution (my bro-in-law back home had to go to my house and take a pic of my birth certificate).  We have the Encore booked for 2/1/21 with the husbands in a 2 bedroom and now I'm worried that the bed in the 2nd bedroom doesn't open up!!!!! Thanks for all the posts.  Sorry about your weather.  The sun deck is awesome.    

21 hours ago, HowardK said:

How is the weather so far? are you able to go outside/ My uncle Theodore and his third wife Mary are on the ship- but they are against being normal and getting internet access.

Weather was nice today. Has cooled down but certainly not chilly or cold. A bit windy now. We are still in Cape Canaveral. 

21 hours ago, softl said:

I don't know either of the two bartenders in your picture. I'm curious if a whole dining/cocktail crew takes vacations at the same time.

In the Haven restaurant,  there was a very pretty young lady that served us. She spoke very quietly and had the appearance of a geisha girl. If she's there, please show her our picture and say hello. TIA 

I think you might mean the waitress we had with my big breakfast fail. She and I spoke about it and she took full responsibility for what she did wrong. Very nice girl. She just had a lapse, realized it and obviously felt terrible about it. So it ended up fine. Even if I didn’t get any breakfast to speak of, lol. 

21 hours ago, Avaava133 said:

Loving your sistahs review!  Makes me feel like I’m still on the bliss!!( though it wasn’t in a haven😂

can I ask a HUGE favor and if you cannot I totally understand 

we were on 11 in room 11100(forward) just got off yesterday and my daughter left her toiletries kit.  I don’t care about the kit but it had a white retainer case in it.  It you happen to have some time one morning can you ask super steward if he found it?

again no worries at all if you can’t 

Have a great vacation!!!

Sure. Who should I talk to? Can you tell me the stewards name? And what do you want? Do you want to find out if they found it and have them or me mail it to you?

Loving all the feedback and comments. Thank you all! I am behind because the internet has sucked all day. Seems to be back ok now. Have some good stuff to report on our dinner at Los Lobos and other stuff just back from dinner and will write more later. I will answer the questions etc. deedles you are cracking me up. My big photo tease, lol. Will try and post some pics now but then I am I need of a super duper hot sh$t drink.

Edited by Greenpea2
  • Like 3

Well I’m late to the party Greenpea, but you know what  they say...

It looks like you sistahs are enjoying yourselves despite the weather.  It does kind of suck though!  

What did you do in Port Canaveral?

I hope you find a better cure to avoid the hangover headaches it would be shame to not be able to take full advantage of the super duper bevvy package!

Hopefully the weather improves!

Cheers!

Edited by #55worktoplay

On 2/24/2020 at 8:56 PM, ellenw said:

You need to pretend to be taking a selfie of you and your sister. But don’t turn the the camera. I’m sure I’m not the only one that has done this! 😉

That is a crazy good idea! Took me a minute to work that out but I did, lol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Greenpea2 said:

Sure. Who should I talk to? Can you tell me the stewards name? And what do you want? Do you want to find out if they found it and have them or me mail it to you?

I feel terrible but I don’t remember the stewards name.  He’s always around in the morning cleaning he’s young and he has braces too!

deck 11 forward and I mean all the way forward.  11100.  I guess if you see a cute steward with braces you can ask if he found a blue toiletries bag in Ava’s room.  I filed a missing item request on ncl but it says it takes 10 days to investigate.  However if he offers to give it to you I would totally reimburse you.  Again I don’t need the bag just the white retainer case inside.  Thanks for anything you can do.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kpark895 said:

Greenpea, where did you go to get reservations for specialty dining once you boarded the ship?  I can't get the times we want online right now, and don't want to fight crowds at the elevator computer screens if I don't have to.

If you are in the Haven you just have the concierge make all the reservations.

On 2/23/2020 at 6:31 AM, Greenpea2 said:

I’d hoped to have time to write the usual pre-cruise pre-story (not that it’s all that interesting) but, well, just didn’t happen. I am leaving on the Bliss in just a few hours and it has felt this time would never get here already. I booked this cruise a year ago. It’s kind of a bucket list thing … I have cruised over 20 times, the vast majority on NCL. But the last time was 5 years ago. I had lost my cruise mojo, but now it’s back and I am so ready!

DH was not in the mood to cruise (and hates to leave our 3 cats, as sad old cat-man-ish as that sounds) so I asked my sister to join me. She lives up by Canada and I live in NJ so we don’t get to spend that much time together. As DH and I are moving to NC this fall, that will become even more of a fact. She has only been on one 1-night cruise so this is a very big deal for her. She has no idea what to expect but is game for every last bit of what comes her way. We are in the Haven, which was a surprise for her—I only just (and finally) spilled the beans about a month ago. 

I decided to just go all out – the Haven, upgrade to the Ultimate Beverage package, upgrade to unlimited internet, what the heck, right? You only live once. And being 66 (sister is 68), I’m celebrating life more and more these days.

So here we go. I will post as I can so let’s call this a semi-live report. I know the onboard internet is tiresome at times, so if nothing else I will post pictures and write a review post-cruise. But doing it as I go is more appealing to me. I wanna share the bliss (yeah, I know--groan).

I'm in.  Happy cruising!

14 hours ago, Greenpea2 said:

You may just ask the Concierge to check into this for you and maybe show him the post.  I can't think that anyone on the ship would be able or willing to just hand over someone's personal items to another passenger.  But you may at least be able to find out if they discovered it was left behind and will be sending it out.   Good luck and enjoy the rest of your cruise.  Enjoying the live report very much!

2 hours ago, goldmom said:

You may just ask the Concierge to check into this for you and maybe show him the post.  I can't think that anyone on the ship would be able or willing to just hand over someone's personal items to another passenger.  But you may at least be able to find out if they discovered it was left behind and will be sending it out.   Good luck and enjoy the rest of your cruise.  Enjoying the live report very much!

I didn’t even think of concierge.  It would save you from walking allllllll the way forward😜.  Any info would be great.  I’ve come to terms I’m probably spending $500 to replace them.  What do they say....you can’t take it with you.

7 minutes ago, mamashamiller said:

I didn’t even think of concierge.  It would save you from walking allllllll the way forward😜.  Any info would be great.  I’ve come to terms I’m probably spending $500 to replace them.  What do they say....you can’t take it with you.

You can contact them on their website for lost items. https://www.ncl.com/about/contact-us 

1 hour ago, mamashamiller said:

Well, you know as soon as you replace it, you'll get the originals from NCL.  LOL!

Now, back to the Sistah's cruise!

• Like 1