RC announce more Coronavirus measures

38 minutes ago, icsys said:

Carnival seem to have the same screening and cancel policy.

But, to avoid knee jerk cancellations, they are offering "incentives" to guests who choose to proceed with their scheduled cruise between now and May 31st:

$100 OBC for 3-4 day cruises

$150 OBC for 5 day cruises

$200 OBC for 6 day and longer.

It would be great if that OBC could be used pre-cruise for purchases.

NVM, that's specifically for Princess.

Edited by soremekun

1 hour ago, soloadventurer said:

Well done Princess Cruises 

What's New?

The details vary by departure date. The following applies to new and existing bookings on cruises and cruisetours in all markets globally.

Date of Departure* Benefit
April 3, 2020 or earlier Cancel up to 72 hours before sailing to receive Future Cruise Credit (FCC) for 100% of cancellation fees
April 4, 2020 - May 31, 2020 Cancel by March 31 and receive Future Cruise Credit for 100% of cancellation fees
June 1, 2020 - June 30, 2020 Final Payment moves to 60 days prior to sailing

*Date of departure is from the start date of your cruise or cruisetour, whichever is earlier. Excludes charter cruises.

Guests who choose to keep their booking as currently scheduled for departures between March 9 and May 31 will receive the following Onboard Credit amounts:

• $100 USD / $150 AUD per stateroom for 3 and 4 day cruises
  • $150 USD / $225 AUD per stateroom for 5 day cruises
  • $200 USD / $300 AUD per stateroom for 6 day and longer cruises

I wonder if royal/celebrity follow suit since princess and carnival did this

Just saw this. Royal is allowing cancellations within 48 hours with FCC.

https://www.*****.com/2020/03/06/royal-caribbean-allows-cancellations-48-hours-sailing-due-coronavirus-outbreak

Royal Caribbean announced its "Cruise With Confidence" policy allows guests on Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises, Azamara and Silversea to cancel up to 48 hours before a sailing. 

Edited by MoniMommy

10 minutes ago, MoniMommy said:

om/2020/03/06/royal-caribbean-allows-cancellations-48-hours-sailing-due-coronavirus-outbreak

10 minutes ago, MoniMommy said:

Just saw this. Royal is allowing cancellations within 48 hours with FCC.

https://www.*****.com/2020/03/06/royal-caribbean-allows-cancellations-48-hours-sailing-due-coronavirus-outbreak

Royal Caribbean announced its "Cruise With Confidence" policy allows guests on Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises, Azamara and Silversea to cancel up to 48 hours before a sailing. 

Will they let you cancel for any reason? I didn't see any stipulations.  We have final payment due today and are watching to see what is going to happen.  We will pay by the end of the day.

Edited by jp2746

I didn't see any stipulations. Cruise critic wont let me post the entire link. It is on a royal Caribbean blog. I looked at the actual royal Caribbean site and didn't see any info. Hopefully it be posted on Royals official site soon.

the death rate in Italy is scary.

Total deaths is at 197, total recovered is at 523.

That means of concluded cases 27.3% death rate!

and i would say Italys figures are probably the most trust worthy of all the highly effected countries

That means as of now, about a third of people are not making it though it alive?

4 minutes ago, mashisback said:

and i would say Italys figures are probably the most trust worthy of all the highly effected countries

That means as of now, about a third of people are not making it though it alive?

Where did you get that statistic?  The BBC lists Italy's deaths at 4.25%

197 out of 4626 is 4.25%

1 minute ago, cgags47 said:

Where did you get that statistic?  The BBC lists Italy's deaths at 4.25%

197 out of 4626 is 4.25%

Thats the percentage of all that have got it. 523 is the people who have recovered from it..

So 4626 cases, 720 concluded cases so 3906 are still ill and could still die.

Of the 720 concluded cases, 523 survived 197 died. So 27.3% of the people died of it and 72.7% of people survived it

8 minutes ago, mashisback said:

Thats the percentage of all that have got it. 523 is the people who have recovered from it..

So 4626 cases, 720 concluded cases so 3906 are still ill and could still die.

Of the 720 concluded cases, 523 survived 197 died. So 27.3% of the people died of it and 72.7% of people survived it

That's not how percentages work, lol. 

4626 have contracted the virus.  197 have passed away from it.  So 4.25% have passed away from it.  

You're using this "concluded case" term and that's not a thing.

What i said is fact? The survival rate of the 720 people who have been through it fully, 72.7% is the survival rate.

If your calculating the survival rate of cancer, you dont include the people who still have it! You base it on the people who have been through it and either survived or died... tell me in wrong??? So you can take back your patronising 'lol'

31 minutes ago, mashisback said:

What i said is fact? The survival rate of the 720 people who have been through it fully, 72.7% is the survival rate.

If your calculating the survival rate of cancer, you dont include the people who still have it! You base it on the people who have been through it and either survived or died... tell me in wrong??? So you can take back your patronising 'lol'

I think you and I are getting mixed up with survival rate, versus percentage of deaths.  I'm correct in stating that 4.25% of the people who contracted it have died, but you are also correct in stating that in the 720 cases of people who no longer have the virus, 72.7% of the people survived it.  You and I are explaining two different sides of the same coin, I believe.

Didn't mean to sound patronising, it's 3:40 am here and I've been up for a while.

Pleased to see the new policy. We're due to sail on Rhapsody out of Venice on 23rd May. I'm guessing there may well be a chance this will be cancelled/changed given the situation in Italy. I stand to lose our flights/hotel money which remains non-refundable if so (we have insurance but technically travel to Italy isn't against UK government advice - yet).

Anyone hazard a guess as to when Royal might update on plans with Europe itineraries, particularly those involving Venice (Rhapsody, Explorer, Jewel I think)? 

It seems the Costa Luminosa are leaving Canadian/US citizens in France after the transatlantic from FLL to Venice??

Edited by Mark_UK

On 2/25/2020 at 8:43 PM, awestover89 said:

We're on a B2B in early May, Barcelona to Venice and round-trip Venice. Flights already purchased. Not making any decisions yet (2 months is a long time) but keeping a very close eye on things. 

We are on b2b in May on Rhapsody from Venice (THIS IS NORTHERN ITALY!!!!!) and believe it or not their flight department has booked us the flights into and out of Venice YESTERDAY😷

4 hours ago, mashisback said:

Will you please stop spreading fake news?!

nearly ALL fatalities of Covid19 are older persons with previous health issues, just like with a saisonal flu! Only difference is that indeed, many vulnerable people are vaccinated against the flu. But if you are a healthy individual, you have absolutely NOTHING NADA ZIP to fear from Covid19.

The news agencies are having a field day, feasting on hysteria.

15 minutes ago, cgncruiser said:

We are on b2b in May on Rhapsody from Venice (THIS IS NORTHERN ITALY!!!!!) and believe it or not their flight department has booked us the flights into and out of Venice YESTERDAY😷

Who booked them? Royal? We are on Rhapsody in May also... 🤒

11 minutes ago, Despegue said:

nearly ALL fatalities of Covid19 are older persons with previous health issues, just like with a saisonal flu! Only difference is that indeed, many vulnerable people are vaccinated against the flu. But if you are a healthy individual, you have absolutely NOTHING NADA ZIP to fear from Covid19.

you realize you can still spread it, right? So you might not get it, but you could still be a carrier. 

59 minutes ago, Despegue said:

Go buy a dictionary and read the definition of fake... there was nothing fake of what was said, it was all from published numbers.

Just because someone doesn't share you 'not a big deal' attitude doesn't mean they are wrong or saying fake things.. take a step back and stop making out the way you see things must be accurate. 

49 minutes ago, Michelle H said:

you realize you can still spread it, right? So you might not get it, but you could still be a carrier. 

absolutely right.

its people like them that is the problem, they dont think it will effect them so they dont take the necessary steps to prevent it spreading... so end up spreading it further.

Please also note, there has been deaths in every age bracket above 11 years old. So even though we are aware that older and underlining illness people are by far mainly at risk, there is still some risk involved for most people

1 hour ago, Despegue said:

Just realised your the same guy who at the beginning of this post was spitting out 'facts' that even the experts wasn't aware of yet..

4 minutes ago, soloadventurer said:
Cases which had an outcome:
58,464 (94%)
Recovered / Discharged
3,522 (6%)
Deaths

This is a good indicator overall. this is the current reported death rate as it should be based on concluded cases as so. The figures i did earlier was this exact info but just for Italy, which works out 27.3 % death rate... scary numbers coming out of that country at the moment