RC announce more Coronavirus measures

I would like to believe this is nothing more than what happens with the standard flu....I am in NJ, near New York.

What is happening here is NOTHING like the usual Flu. It is NOTHING like what has ever happened before, other than the 1918 Spanish Flu, which did not have the medical Technology for treatment we have today.

It is surreal, like a movie. Its hard for the mind to accept, but it is here for all to see.

And is not just the elderly, although that is the highest percentage, it is happening to all ages.

And getting worse.

This is not Fake news...if anything, fake news would down play it

Edited by B-52
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So here's the thing, in my case.  For the first time ever, I have a NR which I took in order to move my cabin up from Obstructed at a lower price, probably about a week or two before the virus took hold here in the US.  Who knew?  Anyhow, according to new guidelines, my DH and I will be required to get the doctor's note.  My final payment is due in August for our Transatlantic that may or may not happen.  My dilemma is....if I pay final payment, and doctor will not sign necessary note for either my DH or myself, I wonder if RCI will refund my payment, or if it would come in the form of FCC.  From what I understand, if cruise is cancelled and you have NR, you can either get payment back or take the FCC.   Of course, this doctor note is going down a path never before taken before.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

So here's the thing, in my case.  For the first time ever, I have a NR which I took in order to move my cabin up from Obstructed at a lower price, probably about a week or two before the virus took hold here in the US.  Who knew?  Anyhow, according to new guidelines, my DH and I will be required to get the doctor's note.  My final payment is due in August for our Transatlantic that may or may not happen.  My dilemma is....if I pay final payment, and doctor will not sign necessary note for either my DH or myself, I wonder if RCI will refund my payment, or if it would come in the form of FCC.  From what I understand, if cruise is cancelled and you have NR, you can either get payment back or take the FCC.   Of course, this doctor note is going down a path never before taken before.

We are in same dilemma with b2b in Nov..  If we make final payment and can't get doctor's note signed, a FCC is not going to do us any good since assuming in future we can't get note signed. Hopefully this will change, but I seriously doubt it, not for awhile.

The more I'm reading on CC, the consensus seems to be that most doctors won't sign the note so that they won't be liable.  Who knows??  It's all a guessing game right now.  The thing is, if doctor won't sign it, just as retiredgram said, an FCC won't do diddly squat in our case, depending on how long this requirement lasts.😒

• Like 1

Could someone please post the exact language requiring the doctors note?  I'm not technically a Doctor but if the knowledge requirements are no more stringent than say Social Media Influencer I can certainly produce a "Doctors Note" note for a nominal fee.  I'll even throw in a roll of tp and some hand sanitizer as part of my service.  And if your cruise gets cancelled I'll refund the fee.  I promise. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, lifes-a-beach said:

Could someone please post the exact language requiring the doctors note?  I'm not technically a Doctor but if the knowledge requirements are no more stringent than say Social Media Influencer I can certainly produce a "Doctors Note" note for a nominal fee.  I'll even throw in a roll of tp and some hand sanitizer as part of my service.  And if your cruise gets cancelled I'll refund the fee.  I promise. 

here it is

rccl-approved-physician-letter.pdf

Edited by Blizzard54
  • Like 1

I'm not sure the purpose of this letter as I don't see them verifying that an actual doctor signed it. They dont even ask for the office number or address.  I think it's just to discourage older folks from traveling and still keep their money by offering a FCC instead of a refund. 

10 minutes ago, MoniMommy said:

I'm not sure the purpose of this letter as I don't see them verifying that an actual doctor signed it. They dont even ask for the office number or address.  I think it's just to discourage older folks from traveling and still keep their money by offering a FCC instead of a refund. 

It does ask for the doctor's registration number.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, mashisback said:

So its 1 month today that apparently RC will be back setting sail..

With that said, are we assuming it will be today/tomorrow that they announce the next month of being closures? 

More like the end of the month last time I think they gave two weeks notice

On 4/3/2020 at 3:29 PM, retiredgram said:

We are in same dilemma with b2b in Nov..  If we make final payment and can't get doctor's note signed, a FCC is not going to do us any good since assuming in future we can't get note signed. Hopefully this will change, but I seriously doubt it, not for awhile.

I'm in the same boat as you - I have a November cruise and final payment is due in August.  Since there is still a considerable amount of time between now and then all I can do is to hold tight and see what happens over the next few months.  There are so many possibilities concerning where we could be at by late summer and speculation  will make me  go crazy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blizzard54 said:

I read the entire order and it's very interesting.  I think there is still a lot of debate to whether the 100 days started on the original order of March 14,2020 or if it starts with the extension April 15, 2020.  Either way it's at least July before any sailings can resume, and rightfully so.  Thank you for posting this link.

@adidas5676 The Order of March 14 was extended on April 9 and this is a "heads up" notice that it will be published in the Federal Register on April 15. By its terms, the extension specifically says it expires 100 days after the publication of the extension order in the Federal Register. So, 100 days after April 15. There is no reason for debate.

It also allows for the order to expire earlier if either of two conditions are met, but those are not calendar based.

Edited by mayleeman
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Billy Baltic said:

Perhaps because CDC jurisdiction is US only 🤷‍♂️

Assuming this means they have no say in wether or not they sail from UK.

I think it would be irresponsible and too risky for reputation for them to set sail any time before this crisis is under control, even if  its not in an area CDC have a say.

I just want to know its cancelled now... feels like its dragging on

Edited by mashisback

18 minutes ago, mashisback said:

Assuming this means they have no say in wether or not they sail from UK.

I think it would be irresponsible and too risky for reputation for them to set sail any time before this crisis is under control, even if  its not in an area CDC have a say.

I just want to know its cancelled now... feels like its dragging on

Just saying there’s a big world outside of the US.