Guarantee cabin

amajaa

We are just over two weeks away from cruising and still haven’t been allocated a cabin. When is the latest anyone has been allocated and if not until departure day what happened to your luggage without your cabin number on it? TIA

7 minutes ago, paul929207 said:

Some get their cabin from porters.

I’m just worried about leaving the suitcases with no cabin number on them, you hear of suitcases going missing. Could I take them in with us, check in, get cabin number and then bring them back out as I assume you can’t take big cases through the small conveyor belts after check in. 

1 hour ago, amajaa said:

We are just over two weeks away from cruising and still haven’t been allocated a cabin. When is the latest anyone has been allocated and if not until departure day what happened to your luggage without your cabin number on it? TIA

A GTY......Usually can be/assigned sometime/anytime up to a day or 2 before your cruise. Very rarely assigned at the pier. You can access bag tags/travel summary on the Princess cruise personalizer on the Princess website up to sailing day. The cabin assignment will be noted there.

Sometimes people think it was assigned at the pier but had they checked the personalizer the night before their cruise they may have seen the cabin assignment at that time. Hope this makes sense.

And even having it assigned long before you arrive is not necessarily the cabin you will have. Keep checking, as we have been surprised once with an upgrade on the way to the ship. It may be a good sign that you haven't heard yet.

• Like 2

I carry all my luggage on to the ship, even the larger ones. They all fit through the conveyer belts I've been through in several embarkation ports. If they ask me if I'd like to check my suitcase I politly decline.

Edited by cruzsnooze

I had a GTY cabin last July on the Regal and found out my cabin assignment 3 days before embarking - it was one of those circular cruises around the Baltic with people embarking and disembarking at different ports.  I didn't find out until I was already in Helsinki, but luckily the hotel I stayed at before the cruise let me print out my bag tags and boarding pass at reception.

On 3/2/2020 at 12:26 AM, Btimmer said:

We've received a cabin re-assignment at the gangway which was an upgrade from the one we knew about for the previous couple weeks.

You probably received the upgrade a day or more before embarkation day, but had not checked the Personalizer to learn about it.

18 minutes ago, caribill said:

You probably received the upgrade a day or more before embarkation day, but had not checked the Personalizer to learn about it.

No, our key cards reflected the room assignment we knew of, but they wouldn't work when boarding the ship.  BTW, this was on HAL but the principle is the same.

22 hours ago, Btimmer said:

No, our key cards reflected the room assignment we knew of, but they wouldn't work when boarding the ship.  BTW, this was on HAL but the principle is the same.

I am not familiar with how last minute changes might be made on HAL.

On 3/1/2020 at 11:26 PM, Btimmer said:

We've received a cabin re-assignment at the gangway which was an upgrade from the one we knew about for the previous couple weeks.

23 hours ago, Btimmer said:

Nothing to do with Princess.