Lobster on Ovation?

robntawn

Good morning fellow cruisers. I was just going through the RCCL app looking at menus for our upcoming Alaska Ovation cruise in July 2020. I was able to review all MDR menus and did not see lobster listed. Does anybody have any first hand information regarding availability of lobster in MDR on Ovation Alaska cruises?  Many thanks!

14 minutes ago, robntawn said:

Does anybody have any first hand information regarding availability of lobster in MDR on Ovation Alaska cruises?

It should be on the second formal night but nothing is for sure until her Alaska season starts and we get feedback.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

I’m currently on Ovation,second formal night was lobster.

In coastal kitchen my sister had two servings of lobster and she could have had more.

I watched your ship coming in today from east coast of USA on web.

Two questions, did you see the Spectrum of the seas floating nearby on the way in even if it was early?

And who was the Cruise director and the captain for your cruise? Thanks

2 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

I watched your ship coming in today from east coast of USA on web.

Two questions, did you see the Spectrum of the seas floating nearby on the way in even if it was early?

And who was the Cruise director and the captain for your cruise? Thanks

I started a thread on the two ships meeting.

Cruise director is joff eaton and his assistant CC .The captain was captain Ryan but he left today.

I have been a critic of Joff in the past but he has stepped back from the public and has done a fabulous job with entertainment.

CC a Latin American lady is very entertaining and a lady named Reanan from Washington state did trivia and bingo.Both where people interactive.BEDD4014-6EDE-4042-9774-DF8836295779.thumb.jpeg.ee4336241f1ec6399f4fccf30529cb65.jpeg

3 hours ago, uvadover said:

Do people really care that much about 1 lobster dinner in the context of a trip that costs thousands of dollars?

Well since I asked the question, I’d say the answer is yes. 

To those that answered the question without interjecting your own personal diatribe, thank you. 

6 hours ago, robntawn said:

To those that answered the question without interjecting your own personal diatribe, thank you. 

Agree. On another well known DAM cruise line they always just bring two lobsters at dinner when you order.

It puts a smile on one's face when they do this.

17 hours ago, robntawn said:

Diatribe or simple question?  Lighten up, Nancy.  Hope your lobster is delectable!

19 hours ago, robntawn said:

Yes last September on Ovation in Alaska. I would recommend the beef tenderloin which I *think* is served the same night as lobster. I'm not a lobster fan and this is what I ordered on one of our cruises - very good. 👍

• Like 1

Lobster in general is overrated.  Shrimp is better to me.  But we all got our thing.  Lobster was poor people food at one time.  Makes me think of ox tails in the south today.  When I was a kid my granny would make them they were ok but greasy to me.  Came from a day they didn't give us many options what you got to eat.  Today here ox tails are as much as rib eye steak in some stores.  You would think it's a new thing the way the younger folks go after it.  I'm also surprised to see tilapia beating catfish price wise.  There was a day only foreigners ate it now it on the menu like its something special. 

If you can afford to cruise you are far from poor.  I also didn't mean anything as an insult so hopefully no one took it that way.  It's crawfish season here in Texas so I will kill a bucket of mud bugs.  You enjoy that lobster!

Just now, trey420 said:

If you can afford to cruise you are far from poor.  I also didn't mean anything as an insult so hopefully no one took it that way.  It's crawfish season here in Texas so I will kill a bucket of mud bugs.  You enjoy that lobster!

Not me. Mine was a tongue in cheek post. Notice the emoji (😃). We are looking forward to having lobster twice on our March/April B2B Summit cruise.