Expedited Arrival

Our group that is going on Indy next month all have expedited arrival.  We all took our pictures and scanned our passports.  What is different at the pier? Do will still go to the desk to check in after security since sea pass cards are on the ship now? Just wondering what to expect!

Thanks!

17 minutes ago, JalenR said:

Our group that is going on Indy next month all have expedited arrival.  We all took our pictures and scanned our passports.  What is different at the pier? Do will still go to the desk to check in after security since sea pass cards are on the ship now? Just wondering what to expect!

Thanks!

Prior to the Corona Virus you would have gone thru the Expedited Line and you would have walked on ship via facial recognition.  We just return from the Adventure in Ft. Lauderdale.  We had Expidited Arrival.  Everyone is told to go through the same line.  You are stopped and they look at your boarding pass and ask you questions about where you have previously traveled.  From there we walked on board.

12 hours ago, JalenR said:

Do will still go to the desk to check in after security since sea pass cards are on the ship now? 

You’ll find your sea pass cards at your stateroom door, waiting for you when your luggage is ready (last week it was around 1pm for us on Indy, but 4pm for some of my family). 

I just checked in for an Allure cruise from Port Everglades. Separate line for Expedite Arrival - very short line due to corona virus related questions - also a separate security scan line.  Then we did enter the ship directly with just a scan  of our boarding pass at my cell phone. Easy and fast - much faster than other line.

OK, I also have a question related to this. My husband and I checked in this weekend on the app. I got "expedited arrival" on my boarding pass- he did not. Now of course I wouldn't go ahead with out him, but has this happened to anyone else? Reminds me of a family trip a few years back, three of us got TSA precheck on our tickets- the fourth, our adult son who wasn't sure if he could go until much later didn't, we had purchased his ticket when sure. We went through pre-check and waited for him on the other side before we went on.

4 hours ago, WisconsinFan said:

OK, I also have a question related to this. My husband and I checked in this weekend on the app. I got "expedited arrival" on my boarding pass- he did not. Now of course I wouldn't go ahead with out him, but has this happened to anyone else? Reminds me of a family trip a few years back, three of us got TSA precheck on our tickets- the fourth, our adult son who wasn't sure if he could go until much later didn't, we had purchased his ticket when sure. We went through pre-check and waited for him on the other side before we went on.

Open his checkin information on the app and rescan his passport with your phone.  Worked for us.

4 hours ago, LeeW said:

Open his checkin information on the app and rescan his passport with your phone.  Worked for us.

We also have this same situation.  The kids and I all got expedited boarding and my husband didn't.  I just tried to rescan his passport again and it didn't change.  Any other suggestions?  

19 hours ago, LeeW said:

Thank you! I scanned my passport on my Android, but his didn't scan in on his iPhone so maybe that was it. I rescanned it and now it has expedited arrival (also noticed he didn't have passport selected as his travel document- so that might have made arrival a bit more interesting!) 🙂

I did not have expedited, the embarkation 2 weeks ago with royal was the best experience of all my boardings over many years and cruise lines, royal got there act together, electronic pads, quick easy and keys waiting for you outside your room, WOW i hope all cruise lines follow this lead

Thanks for the information.  In a typical RCL IT bug, I had checked my family of four (same cabin) in with the app a few weeks ago including scanning passports. Then for a few weeks the app said my itinerary wasn't available.  Now when I look at it on the web site, my info and my DW's info are gone (thinks we used a "naturalization certificate" instead of passport).  My kids both have expedited.  To top it off, all four of us had a different "boarding time" (I was 230, DS 12, DD 1130, DW 200).  

I changed the boarding times to be the same and will try rescanning passports when I am home!

We had it for our cruise over Thanksgiving. We had a separate line where they scanned our passports and set sail pass, then a separate line for security, and then straight to the waiting area. The benefit is the quicker check in/security. 

The expedited arrival only gets you on the ship faster if they have already started boarding and that's only because you are in a separate line for security/check in. If you arrive prior to boarding then you will still wait with everyone else and follow the normal boarding procedures. 

In Port Canaveral last month (Feb), we went down the expedited arrival line...our face was recognized as we walked past the cameras. A service person holding an iPad met us and asked us the typical questions. There were new questions asked related to Corona (which hadn't been asked in Nov). The process was brief. Then we were directed to an empty security check line and then we went up and walked onto the ship. Took about 10 minutes to get from drop off to the ship.

I've heard about some getting emails when there would be extra check in procedures, including taking their temperature and doing an oxygen compromised test.

We did not receive expedited boarding, but were able to choose the time of arrival. Can we, as in the past, show up as early as we want (10:30-11:00a.m.), or do we have to arrive at the designated time?