What are your favorite foods on Princess?

Cruisin' Family

Smoked salmon (lox) for breakfast at the buffet, creme brûlée for dessert in the MDR for me...DH eats the cheesecake almost every night. You can't go wrong with anything Chocolate Journeys. We always enjoy lunch at Alfredos. 

If you like seafood, last year on the Regal's lunch Buffet they had a different soup each day that was chock full with shellfish. I'm hoping it is offered on the Sky. 

We also are on the March 7th sailing.

• Like 1

Sabatinis: Tiramisu

1967674582_020820109.thumb.jpg.7007a8c49aa6cbdd5cf7434a1785624d.jpg

Crown Grill: Black & Blue Onion Soup

1876334736_02142038.thumb.jpg.9d81c39568a6c9181ff332d7c4d1df50.jpg

Main Dining Room: Grilled Seafood Bowl with Mango-Lime Salsa

1190552372_020920083.thumb.jpg.192ba37a66f7ecccb30c4561a374db6f.jpg

More food pics in my trip report (link in sig) from our cruise on the Sky a few weeks ago. We loved the Sky! Have a great cruise!!!

• Like 1

We did our 1st Princess cruise in February. We found the food to be excellent or lackluster. Our favorites.

Calamari in Sabitini's was the best we have ever had. Plentiful and simply delicious.

Black and Blu Onion Soup in Crown Grill. Very nice and the blue cheese didn't overpower the soup.

Ribeye in Crowngrill, perfect steak, perfectly cooked.

The volcano ice cream dessert off the children's menu in the MDR was very good.

On the breakfast buffet, I enjoyed the corned beef hash with the grilled tomato to be very good. The lunch buffet was so so. I did love their potato salad.

The main dining room meals were either good or unforgettable. I love lamb but the two lamb dishes I had were sub par. Their prime rib was very good. Their lobster on the last formal night was really bad. Dry lobster sitting on a risotto bed was horrible. Think of a dry (and small) lobster tail sitting on a bed of rice and elmers glue. At our table, a few ordered beef Wellington versus the lobster. After the lobster everyone wished we got the Beef Wellington.

After an October 2018 Celebrity Eclipse cruise where the food was outstanding, we were disappointed in the CP food.

Edited by WallyNDiane

12 hours ago, Cruisin' Family said:

We will be sailing on Sky Princess March 7.    What are some of  your favorite foods that we should be sure and try while on a Princess ship? 

I don't know about the other ships, but the Pacific has the best Fettuccini Alfredo outside of Italy!   It's my favorite app.

• Like 1

Just went on the Royal Princess 2/22/20

4 hours ago, WallyNDiane said:

We did our 1st Princess cruise in February. We found the food to be excellent or lackluster. Our favorites.

Calamari in Sabitini's was the best we have ever had. Plentiful and simply delicious.

Black and Blu Onion Soup in Crown Grill. Very nice and the blue cheese didn't overpower the soup.

Ribeye in Crowngrill, perfect steak, perfectly cooked.

The volcano ice cream dessert off the children's menu in the MDR was very good.

On the breakfast buffet, I enjoyed the corned beef hash with the grilled tomato to be very good. The lunch buffet was so so. I did love their potato salad.

The main dining room meals were either good or unforgettable. I love lamb but the two lamb dishes I had were sub par. Their prime rib was very good. Their lobster on the last formal night was really bad. Dry lobster sitting on a risotto bed was horrible. Think of a dry (and small) lobster tail sitting on a bed of rice and elmers glue. At our table, a few ordered beef Wellington versus the lobster. After the lobster everyone wished we got the Beef Wellington.

After an October 2018 Celebrity Eclipse cruise where the food was outstanding, we were disappointed in the CP food.

Oddly enough I ordered the lobster with risotto twice in one night and thought that was better than the beef wellington that night. I thought it was delicious and fresh ;(

Prime rib and NY strip in MDR was solid. I really liked the Curtis Stone pork belly dish. The beef tips with guyere biscuit was really bad from Curtis Stone. We usually ordered a fettucine alfredo every night for a side and creme brulee too.

Did have lamb chops in concerto for lunch was was good as well. I think Concerto for lunch was under utilized and a great spot for good food options outside buffet. 

Alfredos braised rabbit ravioli and pizza were great. 

Wife really liked the hot dogs(eye roll) from Trident grill and anything Chocolate Journeys as well.

Will include all my food photos and MDR menus if you have any questions from this past week's trip on the Royal Princess. I can't imagine they'll be much difference with the exception of La Mer on Sky Princess and quite possibly more ramped up of everything due to it being newer. 

Alfredos.jpg

Barramundi.jpg

Beef Wellington.jpg

Chocolate Journey.jpg

Escargot.jpg

Lobster with Risotto.jpg

MDR Prime Rib.jpg

MDR Scallops and Pork.JPG

More PB.JPG

NY strip MDR.jpg

Princess Fetucine Alfredo.jpg

Scallop and Shrimp.jpg

CG Menu.jpg

MDR 2nd night Menu.jpg

MDR 4th night.JPG

MDR 6th night.jpg

MDR Menu 3rd night.jpg

Edited by Cannavaro
  • Like 1

Room service chocolate cake! If we were really hungry, we would order some french fries as well. hahaha But seriously, we loved the chocolate cake best over all the other desserts you could pick up at the IC or buffet. 

Raspberry Romance in Crooners, was one of my favorite drinks. My guy would always bring me one when I sat down 😉 

Crème brûlée

Almond croissant

Escargot

Sorbet - take your pick

Love Boat Dream

Alfredo's pizza

Vanilla latte with a shot of Jameson (😎)

I have never had it but the picture above of the Grilled Seafood Bowl with Mango-Lime Salsa tells me it is definitely something I need to keep my eyes open for.

• Like 3

In the main dining room, I tend to get whatever fish entree they have that evening, but I do love when they have prime rib and yorkshire pudding.  All of the sorbets are fabulous and the Chocolate Journey desserts.  Hands down, my favorite one is the Coconut Mousse with dark chocolate cream and crunch roasted coconut.  Second place is the Hazelnut chocolate dessert with Citrus cream (I saw a picture of it above).  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TupeloHoney said:

the fettuccini alfredo

As long as it is well prepared, it is delicious.

8 hours ago, WallyNDiane said:

Sabitini's was the best

No better Italian oriented restaurant on a cruise ship that I have experienced.

Alfredo's Lunch menu/service/food on Royal Princess was outstanding.  My pizza was delicious.

The Royal Princess High Tea is an event not to be missed, in my opinion.