Coronavirus future cruise credit

KAKcruiser

Does anyone know if you can use the future cruise credit on an existing cruise booking?  Also, can it be used on more than one cruise?  And, if you book with the FCC, can you cancel and get your FCC reinstated?   I can't get through to HAL to ask these questions.

We were cancelled off of the Westerdam April 25th sailing from Yokohama to Vancouver, and our PCC is going to apply the 25% FCC to our November, 2020 South American cruise on Westerdam.  So yes, you can use the FCC on a an existing booking.

I don't understand this question, "And, if you book with the FCC, can you cancel and get your FCC reinstated?".

Edited by Taters

42 minutes ago, Taters said:

We were cancelled off of the Westerdam April 25th sailing from Yokohama to Vancouver, and our PCC is going to apply the 25% FCC to our November, 2020 South American cruise on Westerdam.  So yes, you can use the FCC on a an existing booking.

I don't understand this question, "And, if you book with the FCC, can you cancel and get your FCC reinstated?".

I think the question is - if you apply the FCC to a booking (either new or existing) and later then cancel that one, can the FCC be reapplied to another cruise (or do you lose it).  I have the same question.

Edited by DaveOKC

6 hours ago, Taters said:

I have been told by my TA that you can't apply the FCC to a current booking...can you do that because HAL cancelled and not you? There might be different "rules" based on who cancelled? We chose to cancel not HAL.

• Thanks 1

It may be your TA is thinking of FCD (Future Cruise Deposit) which can only be used as a deposit on a newly booked cruise.

Future Cruise Credit is not the same. It should be able to apply regardless of how it got there.

Edited by crystalspin
  • Like 1

WE are departing on HAL in 6 days and we're 'elderly'; our friends may cancel tomorrow. I can not IMAGINE someone niggling about a coupla hundred bucks when it involves a life-threatening Virus especially if one is elderly. But some indeed are... apparently.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LocoLoco1 said:

WE are departing on HAL in 6 days and we're 'elderly'; our friends may cancel tomorrow. I can not IMAGINE someone niggling about a coupla hundred bucks when it involves a life-threatening Virus especially if one is elderly. But some indeed are... apparently.

I hope you'll enjoy your cruise!

42 minutes ago, crystalspin said:

It may be your TA is thinking of FCD (Future Cruise Deposit) which can only be used as a deposit on a newly booked cruise.

Future Cruise Credit is not the same. It should be able to apply regardless of how it got there.

Sorry, but I have to disagree with you on this one.  The letter sent by O.A. Specifically states NEW booking and NON transferable and NON refundable.

This is a special Future Cruise Credit offer with it’s own terms and conditions.

25 minutes ago, kazu said:

Sorry, but I have to disagree with you on this one.  The letter sent by O.A. Specifically states NEW booking and NON transferable and NON refundable.

This is a special Future Cruise Credit offer with it’s own terms and conditions.

I was told by our travel agent who checked with her Holland America rep that we could apply the FCC to a current booking. I also just doublechecked the letter and I do not see the words “new” booking. I do see non transferable and non refundable. Hopefully, we can use it toward our current booking bc that would be great for us!

37 minutes ago, kazu said:

Huh, I apologize! New ideas for new times. I did see the non-transferable/non-refundable... missed the NEW booking!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, newtocruiseinblue said:

My letter did not state new booking. Am I missing something? 

B8CAC921-EC8C-43D7-83CE-1A653AE3A40E.jpeg

No, you’re not missing anything.

My TA advised it is for new bookings only.  

Who knows how this will end up playing out?

In light of the warnings over the weekend about cruise travel, it would be helpful if HAL extended the period of validity for the FCC to three years and allowed the FCC to be transferable. No one knows how long this period of uncertainty will last. Therefore, it makes no sense to make a (new) booking now with the FCC and risk losing it if the "do not cruise" advice is still in effect when the new cruise is scheduled to sail.

I could've sworn I read that it was for new bookings only but now I can't find it.  But that may have been Carnival's policy I read.

We have until the end of the year to re-book (I'm sailing 4/21 and not yet thinking about cancelling).  There's no need for the cruise lines to make decisions that will impact sailings 3 years out.  They can always modify/revise/update/add as this plays out.

I have a Med/TA B2B on Carnival sailing 10/21 out of Venice.  No idea what's going to happen with that.  Haven't booked my flight over and won't for a while yet.  Who knows.  We may not even be able to enter Venice (we have an Airbnb booked for 4 nights pre-cruise).  Things may calm down significantly this summer but pick up speed again in the fall.  Who knows.

We're just going to have to wait and see.

• Like 1

On 3/8/2020 at 4:06 PM, KAKcruiser said:

Does anyone know if you can use the future cruise credit on an existing cruise booking?  Also, can it be used on more than one cruise?  And, if you book with the FCC, can you cancel and get your FCC reinstated?   I can't get through to HAL to ask these questions.

My Travel agent has just informed me that we cannot use our FCC for existing bookings.  We have a cruise booked for 2021 and were hoping to roll over the FCC onto that but not possible.  FCC is for new bookings only.

11 minutes ago, Maxie33 said:

My Travel agent has just informed me that we cannot use our FCC for existing bookings.  We have a cruise booked for 2021 and were hoping to roll over the FCC onto that but not possible.  FCC is for new bookings only.

I just came back from my TA, the rep she spoke with said it could be used for an existing booking. I’m still deciding what to do.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

I just came back from my TA, the rep she spoke with said it could be used for an existing booking. I’m still deciding what to do.

Really! Conflicting information which makes it really confusing and difficult to make a decision.  I emailed Celebrity directly but they didn't respond.   Will have to investigate further.   Tks Angelcat

4 minutes ago, Maxie33 said:

Really! Conflicting information which makes it really confusing and difficult to make a decision.  I emailed Celebrity directly but they didn't respond.   Will have to investigate further.   Tks Angelcat

Do you mean HAL or Celebrity ?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Well, that’s good news 🙂 

I think this is all so new that there is mixed messaging out there. 

As long as it gets straightened out so everyone is on the same page, that will be a good thing 😄 

2 minutes ago, kazu said:

Well, that’s good news 🙂 

I think this is all so new that there is mixed messaging out there. 

As long as it gets straightened out so everyone is on the same page, that will be a good thing 😄 

I agree.  

1 hour ago, Maxie33 said:

Celebrity.  Maybe the cruise lines have different policies but they do look the same.

Celebrity and HAL are not even the same corporation so they well could have different protocol.

The text of the HAL letter from its president is pasted above.

I'm sure there are convo's about Covid-19 implications on the Celebrity board, here:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/16-celebrity-cruises/

Edited by crystalspin