Caribbean Princess Having Corona Virus Issues?

ceilidh1

Yes I just read this somewhere. people are also worried about their Regal Cruise that's also supposed to leave on Sunday due to lack of portside help. as mentioned above it was in our sun sentinel as I live here in Fort Lauderdale about three or four workers who contracted the virus. Last week they had to bring in help from other terminals in companies outside of metro to assist with the disembarkation in parking process last weekend. Praying this gets resolved as I leave in two weeks. Hopefully some light will be shed upon princess very soon.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Jeter02 said:

Yes I just read this somewhere. people are also worried about their Regal Cruise that's also supposed to leave on Sunday due to lack of portside help. as mentioned above it was in our sun sentinel as I live here in Fort Lauderdale about three or four workers who contracted the virus. Last week they had to bring in help from other terminals in companies outside of metro to assist with the disembarkation in parking process last weekend. Praying this gets resolved as I leave in two weeks. Hopefully some light will be shed upon princess very soon.

From a post on another forum - have seen nothing official from Princess but it's good advice for those on the next Regal cruise to check email for changes:

*** PASSENGERS ON THE MARCH 15, 2020 SAILING OF THE REGAL PRINCESS ***
IMPORTANT & EFFECTIVE 11:30PM MARCH 10, 2020
I just got off the phone with Jonas at Princess. He mentioned to me that first and foremost, the situation at Port Everglades is very fluid right now and things could change at any moment.
He received information from his supervisor, Inna, that the executives are in the process of trying to re-route the Regal to another port as it looks as though they will have a hard time cleaning up the terminal, calling in the CDC officials, having the inspections, and preparing the terminal for our cruise this Sunday.
He told me that they will do everything they can do to let us know by Friday if there is a change of port location. Make sure to keep checking your email and checking in with your Cruise Personalizer on the Princess website.
Most likely, the information will come by Friday, but it could come even as late as Saturday. As with all the other cancellations, we could receive the same refunds, FCC and the likewise.
I am NOT here to answer questions other than that because I am not a rep of Princess not am I a TA. I called in at 10:50pm ET and got RIGHT THROUGH. If you have individual questions, Jonas said it's easiest to call first thing in the morning and later in the evening.
Edited by azbirdmom

I’ve been following this in another forum and the article is in the Miami Herald.  The workers have come in contact with 51,000  passengers at Terminal 2 and onecother Terminal during a period from 2/12-3/06. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Does seem like a run of bad luck as I think Princess operates as well as can be expected.

All this bad luck falling on Princess, yet it is Royal Caribbean threatened to be downgraded to junk stock, and borrowing $550M to stay afloat.  I can't imagine if the shoe were on the other foot.  I've thought for years that they were taking too large a risk with all the Oasis, Quantum, and Edge builds.

Edited by Stateroom_Sailor

6 hours ago, Jeter02 said:

I'm one of those people 🤭 BUT if they do change embarkation ports to somewhere else in FL, it's not  a big deal for us since we live here. I think we are dead in the water though. 

25 minutes ago, ellie1145 said:

Anyone know where Caribbean Princess is or what she’s doing?

According to ***** it appears to have left Port Everglades? Is it sailing empty?

They cancelled the next cruise because Princess had no staff at the port to handle embarkation.  The company that Princess had hired to handle the process has 3 workers with confirmed cases.

We really feel for the poor crew. Thousands of Filipinos will be sent home, together with many other nationalities. They do such a wonderful job and leave families at home for months at a time. Missing a cruise vacation doesn’t compare.

They are in our thoughts.

Well the FCO have now issued a statement which says no over 70s should cruise so it seems it’s out of our hands.

We are naturally very disappointed that this lovely cruise will be cancelled for us, but we are relieved, too.

Hopefully, there will be other times but we foresee a very bumpy road ahead for the cruise lines.

Good luck and fair weather to all those who are able to cruise.

Cayman Islands just announced their first confirmed cases of Coronavirus, a passenger removed from a cruise ship The article didn’t name the cruise ship, but an earlier article talks about critically ill (non coronavirus issues) passengers being removed from the CP. 

http://www.loopcayman.com/content/first-case-covid-19-confirmed-cayman-islands