Caribbean Princess Having Corona Virus Issues?

ceilidh1

It sounds like the crew came from the Grand Princess.  Both the Royal and Regal Princess had similar issues, and they had to test the crew before the next cruise.  Both Royal and Regal cancelled their cruises scheduled to depart this weekend.  

I just spoke to a crew member friend and someone who's currently on their working. It's just a simple water to come back with a no-sale order due to the fact that they also have two crew members or so who were transferred from the Grand and they just want to test them to double-check.

on a brighter note I've also spoken friends on other ships Royal princess and Regal Princess are both clear with those crewmembers test coming back negative.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jeter02 said:

I just spoke to a crew member friend and someone who's currently on their working. It's just a simple water to come back with a no-sale order due to the fact that they also have two crew members or so who were transferred from the Grand and they just want to test them to double-check.

on a brighter note I've also spoken friends on other ships Royal princess and Regal Princess are both clear with those crewmembers test coming back negative.

I hadn't heard about Royal being negative. That is good news!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AdoraBelle said:

CP is operating in the Atlantic, all the others in Pacific.

Is it common for crew members to be flown from ship to ship? Seems wildly inefficient.

This is also being reported on Reddit.

Regal is also in the Caribbean on the Atlantic side.

35 minutes ago, AdoraBelle said:

Is it common for crew members to be flown from ship to ship? Seems wildly inefficient.

it happens regularly across all cruise lines, as far as I've learned. transfers happen for most positions within contracts all the times as sign-on dates vary widely with each staff member and someone needs to fill that vacancy.

1 hour ago, AdoraBelle said:

This is also being reported on Reddit.

CP (Sea Princess) is sailing in Australia.  CB is Caribbean Princess.  EM

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jeter02 said:

?

• Like 4

15 hours ago, AdoraBelle said:

I wonder if the extended quarantine and now vacation of the Diamond crew combined with staff members from places on the “no-sail” list has created some shortages in places. I know staff is regularly moved during their contract, but maybe the virus situation caused some gaps they were trying to fill.

Obviously, I think they will try to stop doing that for a while!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, AdoraBelle said:

CP is off of Grand Cayman, in the Caribbean Sea.  Yes, it's very common for crew to transfer from one ship to another.

On Caribbean Princess now and we anchored off shore & received test kits and let some passengers off for medical.  We left the island and had an announcement to go back to let more passengers off for medical.   The water is rough & windy today Captain said boat is listing and not to worry it is safe........ what a trip!!! Saw a few passengers with masks.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Penney Harley said:

On Caribbean Princess now and we anchored off shore & received test kits and let some passengers off for medical.  We left the island and had an announcement to go back to let more passengers off for medical.   The water is rough & windy today Captain said boat is listing and not to worry it is safe........ what a trip!!! Saw a few passengers with masks.  

I don't think the caymans would accept anyone on the island with coronavirus, must be some other type of medical emergency.    I hope they will be okay.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I don't think the caymans would accept anyone on the island with coronavirus, must be some other type of medical emergency.    I hope they will be okay.

If  Grand Cayman was the closest place, and the pax were critically ill with coronavirus complications would they turn them away?

Edited by kimanjo

The Caribbean Princess is being told to stay off shore.....awaiting test kits

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2020/03/09/a-third-princess-cruise-ship-kept-at-sea-pending-virus-tests/23944990/

3 hours ago, Cindy said:

I wonder if the extended quarantine and now vacation of the Diamond crew combined with staff members from places on the “no-sail” list has created some shortages in places. I know staff is regularly moved during their contract, but maybe the virus situation caused some gaps they were trying to fill.

Obviously, I think they will try to stop doing that for a while!

I agree.  I suspect that recruitment and renewal contracts are down as well.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

CP (Sea Princess) is sailing in Australia.  CB is Caribbean Princess.  EM

Fortunately most of CC readers are intelligent enough to know that when someone posts on a thread titled Caribbean Princess and uses CP we understand 😀

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I'm beginning to wonder, why is it only Princess cruise ships that are having these issues and are at the forefront of the all the news stories.  Are there other cases on other cruise lines?  Maybe I just missed this....

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, bornthisway said:

I'm beginning to wonder, why is it only Princess cruise ships that are having these issues and are at the forefront of the all the news stories.  Are there other cases on other cruise lines?  Maybe I just missed this....

I think it got on one ship and then staff transferring between ships before it was detected spread it to other ships.

• Like 2

Ye

4 minutes ago, rabidstoat said:

I think it got on one ship and then staff transferring between ships before it was detected spread it to other ships.

Yes, that makes sense but I didn't think the Grand Princess cases of the virus was in any way connected to the Diamond Princess fiasco.