NCL Suspends Operations for 30 days - BREAKING

LMaxwell

5 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

I agree but lets not overreact .  i saw today my nearest chik fil a was packed to the gils during lunch hours. lets close that too?   if more ppl stay home when sick because work is understanding and cruises and airlines let them change dates with no fees.  more ppl wash their hands and use purel, that will help out a lot imo. 

We have a choice, follow the Italian model or the S. Korean model.  S. Korea's rate of spread has plateaued using social distancing, aggressive testing and isolation.  Italy just had 250 die in one day and it's getting worse. They initally didn't take it serious enough, were much more lax continuing to go to soccer matches etc. 

I advocate we all do our part and sacrifice a little for the good of society.  I know some people don't want to hear that.

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

well im all for taking precautions and measures , im just not going to stop my life, there has to be a happy medium somewhere. 

I don't necessarily disagree with you. I'm just fascinated by the whole situation. I've got no expertise. I have to look to the doctors and infectious disease experts, the WHO, the CDC, etc. 

Frankly, with how divisive our country already is, I hope a crisis such as this will bring us together, to work together, to support each other, but I fear it will not. 

• Like 5

So with NCL saying they have 90 days to post back to card do you think that it is a possible to execute a charge back with amex? 90 days is a long time, what happens if they declare bankruptcy before they credit cards back? 

1 hour ago, GlamorousGirl said:

Bankruptcy doesn’t automatically mean they go out of business and stop operating. Caesars Entertainment has been “bankrupt” for a long time, but business goes on. I do agree the price hikes do make the FCC a bad option for people who don’t already have prices locked in for future cruises, though.

Try this way. 

If they go bankrupt the FCC is worthless 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, nolegal22 said:

We were on the 3/14 Escape out of Miami 

We waited until the very last second to cancel, hoping that NCL would do the right thing ... cancel the cruise and offer us the option for a full refund. 

NCL delayed well past the point of reasonableness.  We were forced to take FCC - our other choice given their delay was nothing at all. Given the nature of cruise ships-

Small spaces and lots of people- combined with the worldwide effort to flatten the curve, this decision should have been sooner. 

Not only have they fraudulently induced us to enter into our cruise contracts by undermining the seriousness and duration of the coronavirus, and assuring us that everything would be ok, they waited so long to cancel our voyage that we had no choice but to go for the FCC. We didn’t “jump ship” too early, as one poster said... we, the cruisers of 3/14, were given no other choice...

So you better darn well believe that I expect a full refund in lieu of the FCC... fraud in the inducement on the front end and inability to fulfill the terms of the contract on the back end are both reason enough.  

You are 100 percent right it is not fair to those that had to cancel just days before. My wife has chronic asthma and we had no choice but to cancel and take the other offer. NCL needs to do the right thing!

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, mianmike said:

We have a choice, follow the Italian model or the S. Korean model.  S. Korea's rate of spread has plateaued using social distancing, aggressive testing and isolation.  Italy just had 250 die in one day and it's getting worse. They initally didn't take it serious enough, were much more lax continuing to go to soccer matches etc. 

I advocate we all do our part and sacrifice a little for the good of society.  I know some people don't want to hear that.

Very well said!

• Like 1

I tried calling to get the refund and the person who answered did not know anything about this.  I guess we have to wait for the information to get to the PCCs before we can get refunded.   I only booked about 3 weeks back so I   may contact  my credit card company to hold the payment.  Anything can happen in 90days. 

32 minutes ago, turtlegirl2 said:

I was happy with my FCC (over losing all the $) BUT, my cruise was one of the cruises with 5 days to decide on cancel for FCC or go. We cancelled. And TODAY they cancelled. And will refund money for those who have upcoming cruises, including mine that was supposed to leave tomorrow. I would much rather have my money back NCL! What a mess! I have tweeted and DM’d NCL - will see what happens 👎👎

Same for me. I know just want my money back. I wrote an email to my travel agency because no one is conveniently answering phones!!! 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ColeThornton said:

Well, at least now I don't have to wait and decide what I am going to do, NCL just did that for me.  I'm fine with it and the compensation.

Now I just have to figure out what to do with myself now that there is no sports on TV.  Now, THAT is a real tragedy.

BTW...I understand the run in grocery stores on cleaning supplies, etc but why on earth is all the spaghetti sauce gone?  lol

Spaghetti sauce gone her in Michigan too.

9 minutes ago, anitsiva said:

I tried calling to get the refund and the person who answered did not know anything about this.  I guess we have to wait for the information to get to the PCCs before we can get refunded.   I only booked about 3 weeks back so I   may contact  my credit card company to hold the payment.  Anything can happen in 90days. 

NCL isn't known for great internal communication. It's not on the NCL website yet, and not on mainstream news. People aren't  receiving any emails or calls from NCL. Unless you are sailing this weekend, I would not inundate the low-wage call center workers. It's bound to just cause frustration. 

I do feel badly for anyone who is traveling today to try to board a ship tomorrow. 

4 minutes ago, wampuscat7 said:

Unless you are sailing this weekend, I would not inundate the low-wage call center workers. It's bound to just cause frustration. 

I do feel badly for anyone who is traveling today to try to board a ship tomorrow. 

Supposed to leave Sunday.   Luckily I am local and don't need to really travel but others are flying in without getting any heads up.

So with no notice people who do not follow websites like this have no idea what is going on.

2 minutes ago, Jezo said:

Supposed to leave Sunday.   Luckily I am local and don't need to really travel but others are flying in without getting any heads up.

So with no notice people who do not follow websites like this have no idea what is going on.

It is a mind-boggling situation, frankly. 

The Washington Post and Miami Herald have picked up the story now. (RCI is cancelling as well.) So hopefully info is passed down to the NCL folks and TAs soon. I'm sorry you are in this situation. 

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/business/tourism-cruises/article241176211.html

40 minutes ago, ColeThornton said:

BTW...I understand the run in grocery stores on cleaning supplies, etc but why on earth is all the spaghetti sauce gone?  lol

Because the media is telling folks to stock up on food.  Pasta is one of the things they are suggesting and if you have spaghetti, you gotta have sauce.

43 minutes ago, ColeThornton said:

Well, at least now I don't have to wait and decide what I am going to do, NCL just did that for me.  I'm fine with it and the compensation.

Now I just have to figure out what to do with myself now that there is no sports on TV.  Now, THAT is a real tragedy.

Some of us were joking at work today about how many new Netflix, Disney+, and Hulu subscriptions are going to be purchased in the coming month. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, NLH Arizona said:

Because the media is telling folks to stock up on food.  Pasta is one of the things they are suggesting and if you have spaghetti, you gotta have sauce.

i cant find oatmeal  or rice .  luckly i steal tp from hotels i stay out so im stocked up. 

3 minutes ago, wampuscat7 said:

NCL isn't known for great internal communication. It's not on the NCL website yet, and not on mainstream news. People aren't  receiving any emails or calls from NCL. Unless you are sailing this weekend, I would not inundate the low-wage call center workers. It's bound to just cause frustration. 

Ha ha - my DW and I are in the middle of 5 1/2 week holiday with an NCL Getaway cruise out of NOLA sailing 22 March booked for her 60th birthday.

We are currently in Mexico, flying into NOLA on Monday morning with car hire and hotels booked for a week in Louisiana before boarding. Flights booked for Sunday 29th after scheduled disembarkation back to Mexico for a few days, and booked in the week thereafter back to South Africa. 
What a .........

I suppose I will have to try to get the the flights moved forward if possible - and at what cost.

A FCC or refund won’t make it up for my wife’s special present - booked a year ago - but we are where we are.....sigh.

2 hours ago, JC5240 said:

They better do the right thing by those that have already canceled and got the "Peace of Mind" FCC for cruises during this time, ie: 125% FCC or revoke the FCC and give a cash refund. 

I love NCL, but I am totally nervous about the future of this company with the US Senate letter, and now this.

Take the cash before they 're-organize'

• Like 2