2020 GWV cancelled

Scrapnana

8 minutes ago, rjbean4 said:

I really hope this doesn't mess things up but just found on Flight Aware that maybe 4 hours ago Quantas announced a stoppage of all international flights. Its a CNN article.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/18/business/qantas-cancels-flights-coronavirus/index.html.

Since they will continue to fly until the end of March, hopefully everyone who needs to get out will be able to do so.

That's good as I hadn't read the article. Just wanted to post it quick to pass it on. Those leaving the World Cruise I would want to be getting off and starting home ASAP.  Its not what they want to have to do but things are changing faster than people can keep up with.

Edited by rjbean4

Re Post 157, I just heard from Aunt J. They will disembark tomorrow, have a hotel for two nights in Perth, then fly to Honolulu. She didn't mention getting to her island, but I imagine that's handled as well.

Here's hoping they and others are able to get home safely soon.

• Like 2

On 3/20/2020 at 6:09 AM, rjbean4 said:

I really hope this doesn't mess things up but just found on Flight Aware that maybe 4 hours ago Quantas announced a stoppage of all international flights. Its a CNN article.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/18/business/qantas-cancels-flights-coronavirus/index.html.

All Qantas international flights will be suspended from end of March until 31/5//2020  Some additional

services my be considered to assist with repatriation.  

More than 150 planes will be grounded.

Qantas.com 

Qantas - Queensland and Northern Territory Aerial Services

Nicknamed - The Flying Kangaroo

Virgin Australia has cancelled all international flights.

Edited by MMDown Under
  • Thanks 1

With our aviation connections (adopted by Delta from NWA) was a punch in the gut to see the pictures of closed runways at Atlanta because they are being used to park out of service Delta equipment. ATL is also the world headquarters for Delta with other pretty large hubs at MSP and DTW because of the merger with NWA. Out of the scheduled 13 flights from ATL to TPA all canceled except 4 for today and that is based on FlightAware and subject to change. Its normal to have hourly flights between ATL & TPA but not now.

Red Tails Forever!

Stay Safe.

Edited by rjbean4
  • Thanks 1