2020 GWV cancelled

Scrapnana

Safe travels home Kathy and thanks for taking us along with you, this far.  I hope that your travel home will be without too much difficulty.  I know that for us who cruise each voyage has wonderful memories, I hope that the ending of this cruise does not diminish those memories for you.  

What a heartbreaker for you and everyone on board.  Wishing you a painless trip home and the chance for another world voyage next year. Thank you for taking so much time to let all of us know about your ports, trivia, knitting, friends and the experience.  It's been something to look forward to every day.  ~ Aloha from Hawaii

Thank you for sharing your WC adventure.  I hope you enjoy the rest of your voyage to Fremantle and you have a safe journey home. 

What an end to the Captain's last cruise.  I enjoy his blog also, which gives a different perspective of behind the scenes of a WC.

• Like 3

BTW, there’s a contingency planning group aboard (the Happy Hour and Arts &Crafts crowd) that is lobbying the CS folks to have those that wish to just cruise to Fort Lauderdale with no further port stops. It needs to get there anyhow, no? and being at sea 2+ weeks should keep the 14 day quarantine crowd pleased, no?

We’ve volunteered ourselves to help with dishes, cleaning, etc.

No worries...

Be well.

Aboard the ‘mystery cruise’, as we’re calling it for now...Bob

• Like 7

39 minutes ago, prescottbob said:

BTW, there’s a contingency planning group aboard (the Happy Hour and Arts &Crafts crowd) that is lobbying the CS folks to have those that wish to just cruise to Fort Lauderdale with no further port stops. It needs to get there anyhow, no? and being at sea 2+ weeks should keep the 14 day quarantine crowd pleased, no?

No worries...

Be well.

Makes sense to me.  It is much better to spend a few weeks on a healthy ship!

• Like 2

I am so sorry  for you. I hope your next cruise will be much nicer and world problems will touch your trip. In any case it was all very predictable. New Zealand and some other countries that have access to the sea. Hope next year everything will be aright and you will go on the most unforgettable cruise. If everything is alright I want to have at least 2-3 cruises next year

1 hour ago, prescottbob said:

No worries...

Be well.

Exactly what I am hoping for since I do NOT fly. I jokingly told Chrystel earlier that we’d work our way back!  

Bob, come by the knitting/crochet group tomorrow and see how many people will agree with you!!

Linda R. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cruzingnut said:

Exactly what I am hoping for since I do NOT fly. I jokingly told Chrystel earlier that we’d work our way back!  

Bob, come by the knitting/crochet group tomorrow and see how many people will agree with you!!

Linda R. 

Think positive at least for now. Seriously, I don’t know if the liability/ insurance/ logistical issues at hand are indeed overwhelming for HAL.

However as an outside pragmatist of sorts     there might perhaps be other options.

Perhaps alternatives would be interesting to think about if and when another similar “cruising issue” presents itself down the road.

Minimal cruising might include no planned shows with the on board entertainment staff / visiting entertainers (show a movie in the theatre at night instead ?), guest lecture folks replaced by ship officer lectures on seamanship, menu / feedings reduced to fewer choices (soup and bread for lunch only?), sing alongs around the Lido pool at 1300 hours every day.

Gosh, plenty of ideas come to mind.

Onward!

Things will be fine regardless.

Be well.

Bob

• Like 2