Where's Mardi Gras?

smurf1635

Im booked on the Jan 2 sailing, as I always do when i've got a cruise booked, I went to website I booked from (this time that would be Carnival) and I CANNOT find any sailings on Mardi Gras for January and February?  I hope its as simple as they are changing the itineraries and not cancelling the sailings?

Maybe those sailing are sold out bc of all the people rebooking later?   My November sailing is still in my cruise manager and December dates are available. I wouldn't be surprised tho if all this caused more delays to the build.

We’re also booked (9 of us) on the Jan 2 sailing.  When I looked on carnival.com a couple days ago to check price, it was still there.  Today it’s not!  Also checked a 3rd party that books cruises — not there either!  It is still in my planner, but now I’m worried too!

I ran a search on the website and November, December, January, February sailings are all missing. The first sailing that appears is in March. Looks like the ship may be further delayed.

6 hours ago, cksv said:

I ran a search on the website and November, December, January, February sailings are all missing. The first sailing that appears is in March. Looks like the ship may be further delayed.

There does seem to be confusion.  Might be Carnival site issues.  RollCall for 1/23/21 yesterday was having issues then see ing sailing up on other sites then on Carnival. 

Someone in our group called to upgrade on the Feb 20 cruise and were told it is completely sold out. I would imagine a lot of cruises for dates further out will disappear as they are booked up by people having their current ones cancelled.

• Like 1

Hate to hear this, will just be another issue Carnival has to deal with. When our inaugural out of PC was cancelled, we decided to move ours to May 2021.  I wondered if it could be affected, who knows at this point. But I definitely won’t be making final  payment and end up in the mess I’m in with Princess right now 😭

31 minutes ago, Bookbug53 said:

Someone in our group called to upgrade on the Feb 20 cruise and were told it is completely sold out. I would imagine a lot of cruises for dates further out will disappear as they are booked up by people having their current ones cancelled.

I don't know if I'm believing that they are sold out. How is it possible that all the sailings suddenly were sold out this week. I feel like the ship is being delayed and that's why the sailings for those months suddenly disappeared this week. There were loads of cabins available just days ago on the Jan 16 sailing. I'm not buying into the sold out excuse quite yet.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TeresaJ said:

I don't know if I'm believing that they are sold out. How is it possible that all the sailings suddenly were sold out this week. I feel like the ship is being delayed and that's why the sailings for those months suddenly disappeared this week. There were loads of cabins available just days ago on the Jan 16 sailing. I'm not buying into the sold out excuse quite yet.

4 weeks of people needing to rebook can sellout other cruises out fast - Its possible??

4 hours ago, RWolver672 said:

Mine for Feb 20 is still in my planner and haven't heard anything from Carnival that it was cancelled.  

I'm booked on this cruise as well. It was there on Monday when I checked for price drops, however Havana interior was sold out. Still shows up in my planner too, so hopefully it's just sold out.

Carnival just posted this 8K and one interesting bit:

"The Corporation also believes the effects of COVID-19 on the shipyards where its ships are under construction, will result in a delay in ship deliveries."

https://www.carnivalcorp.com/node/60916/html

I'd bet that the delivery date has been pushed out and will be communicated to those that have bookings prior to March 2021 shortly.

• Like 1

On 3/19/2020 at 4:42 AM, RWolver672 said:

Mine for Feb 20 is still in my planner and haven't heard anything from Carnival that it was cancelled.  

19 hours ago, mdin said:

I'm booked on this cruise as well. It was there on Monday when I checked for price drops, however Havana interior was sold out. Still shows up in my planner too, so hopefully it's just sold out.

I did a mock booking two weeks ago and for our cruise, back then, the front of the ship was sold out already.  That was before they cancelled all of the cruises.  I'm pretty sure that it's just sold out from all of the people that had to make different bookings.

• Like 1

Even considering the fact that people are rescheduling their cruises due to COVID-19, I find it hard to believe that the Mardi Gras suddenly sold out overnight for 4 consecutive months, especially on Carnival's largest ship ever built.

7 minutes ago, cksv said:

Even considering the fact that people are rescheduling their cruises due to COVID-19, I find it hard to believe that the Mardi Gras suddenly sold out overnight for 4 consecutive months, especially on Carnival's largest ship ever built.

Yeah me too. Just no way. I think they are preparing for a delay and don't want anyone booking cabins any more.

• Like 1

The last few times that I checked , the first sailing still bookable has been March 27th .

My guess that there is uncertainty that the ship will be ready to accommodate the sailings before that so they may be holding back their availability ? 🤔

We are booked on the Dec 04th sailing .😕

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MCC retired said:

The last few times that I checked , the first sailing still bookable has been March 27th .

My guess that there is uncertainty that the ship will be ready to accommodate the sailings before that so they may be holding back their availability ? 🤔

We are booked on the Dec 04th sailing .😕

It makes sense - They can always open them up and sell them. Demand should be high for the new ship (we hope).