for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

Attention light packers:  if you want a tank top that can do double-duty, Pact has just put out a reversible tank.  You can wear it with as the normal rounded neck tank or switch it around to wear the 'V' neck.  A bunch of colors  available.  

Made bucatini with spicy marinara last night.  Yum.  I use TJ's $1.99 marinara as my base and then add in some wine and my crushed red peppers.  TJ makes a good marinara.  I use it now instead of making my own.  

Finally, some sunshine today, but a little chilly.  Looks good for a walk.

OOTD:  leggings and a long sleeve T.  My new Merrell shoes (they are feeling good)

• Like 1

Hi Ladies!   well, we fly in a few hours 🙂.   We are headed to London, then Rome....   On the 13th we embark on the Celebrity Reflection 🙂. I have a gallon sack of meds lol, & my DH has a gallon sack of snacks 😉.    On the ship I plan on spending a lot of time lying on the lovely spa benches & watching the beautiful sea go by 🙂

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, cruise kitty said:

Hi Ladies!   well, we fly in a few hours 🙂.   We are headed to London, then Rome....   On the 13th we embark on the Celebrity Reflection 🙂. I have a gallon sack of meds lol, & my DH has a gallon sack of snacks 😉.    On the ship I plan on spending a lot of time lying on the lovely spa benches & watching the beautiful sea go by 🙂

Hi Debbie, wishing you THE MOST WONDERFUL VACATION😃

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, cruise kitty said:

Have a great trip, Debbie!

Sherri🙂

• Like 1

Looks like Stanley is going to be in Piedmont.  Time for some giandujotto (that luscious chocolate/hazelnut candy - get it every year at TJ's for Christmas) and torrone (the melt-in-your-mouth nougat - i like mine with pistachios), washed down with a glass or 3 of whatever red wine from Piedmont that my state store carries...

• Like 2

6 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

My daughter and her BFF are flying to Italy tomorrow (Friday). They've been planning this trip since 2020. It's been cancelled twice. They are doing a bus trip, but I'm not sure of their itinerary. They're so excited (and anxious). This is my daughter's first international travel, but her BFF is well-travelled.

I was able to turn a price drop into a cabin upgrade on our fall TA for $56. Including air fare, we're still under what we paid waaaaay back in 2020. Final payment is next week. I might get excited after that.

Busy day tomorrow. Hubby is finally having is nasty varicose veins taken care of and older daughter is having an EGD.  Two weeks ago, my sister had eye surgery one day and my brother had shoulder surgery the next day. Hopefully, I'm *not* next. 

• Like 4

Debbie, have a fabulous trip, feel well. 

Purple, ,you’ve  had a heck of a couple of weeks hope you avoid everything too. Great score on the upgrade!!

• Like 2

We're expecting stormy weather here today -- it's as dark right now as it usually is around 6am!  One fun thing at my new digs is that I get a more panoramic view of any weather around the area....

I have a furniture delivery tomorrow (new headboard), then I plan to run errands and maybe get to Trader Joe's (haven't been in a while) -- I need a few basic items for my pantry as I never fully restocked after the move. I agree with @slidergirl that their marinara sauce is worth keeping a couple of jars on hand, among many other things....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

We're expecting stormy weather here today -- it's as dark right now as it usually is around 6am!  One fun thing at my new digs is that I get a more panoramic view of any weather around the area....

I have a furniture delivery tomorrow (new headboard), then I plan to run errands and maybe get to Trader Joe's (haven't been in a while) -- I need a few basic items for my pantry as I never fully restocked after the move. I agree with @slidergirl that their marinara sauce is worth keeping a couple of jars on hand, among many other things....

We've finally got a warm and sunny day - upper 60s this afternoon.  BUT, come Monday we go back low and have snow.   Cynthia - hope your furniture is delivered without the rain interferrng with it!

I haven't been to TJ's in 2 months.  I do have things to get down down in the Valley.  I want to hit up the Italian store to get the sweets for Sunday with Stanley.  I think I'll do it today rather than tomorrow.

OOTD:  white tshirt with my railroad stripe overalls.  And, my hi-tops.  It's that kind of day...

Hi girls,  PH, hope your daughter and her gf have a wonderful time in Europe😃 And yes, congrats on that upgrade for your TA!

Cynthia, did you get a new bed too? I remember us discussing mattresses a while back.

Of course our weather is warm and humid.......May in Florida. It will continue throughout the summer.

I have a Drs appt on Monday with my Oncologist.  She will be doing a pelvic exam this time too....hopefully she will say everything has been progressing as it is supposed to .and my insides have been healing properly.  I can't believe it has now been a month since the surgery.

• Like 1

Hubby is downstairs sleeping off his anxiety post-varicose vein surgery. His leg is swollen and sore. I actually thought it was both legs, but it's only the right. Thank goodness we don't have to do that again. He does have to go back a few times for sclerotherapy. I'm just glad he did all this before we attempt a flight across the Atlantic.

Daughter texted me that she's home and is going to sleep the rest of the day. 

Other daughter is somewhere over the Atlantic on her way to Italy. I am jealous.

It's overcast and stormy today. Lovely lightning display earlier.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Lois R said:

Cynthia, did you get a new bed too? I remember us discussing mattresses a while back.

I got a new mattress/box spring and then (like you) I returned it. Second round I got a Saatva mattress that gets raves, but I'm only somewhat satisfied with it. I wish I could've just duplicated my old set!!  I wouldn't have replaced mine at all except that one of the springs had un-sprung and without exception I always seemed to manage to turn over onto it and have it poke me in the side!

I think your storms have come down here, Christy!  I woke up this morning to loud thunder and very bright lightening.  Supposed to clear up by afternoon and be great for the rest of the weekend.  

We passed our tests at Walgreens yesterday so looks like I need to pack today.😂.  We are leaving in the morning for a short cruise that we booked a few weeks ago only because we got an email from Royal saying we still have FCC that we needed to use and, if we sailed by a certain date, we would get a nice amount of OBC.  So, why not?  I will always spend money to get some money.😆

No more cruises until our Canadian cruise in September.  This summer is going to be super busy with kitchen construction, grandkids visiting and husband taking our oldest grandson to Australia to visit our son.  Only one of us can go as someone needs to be here for the kitchen and the youngest grandson is coming for a week’s stay for us to babysit while his parents go on a cruise.  For some reason my husband chose the trip over babysitting the “Wildman”. 

I hope you all have a great week!  If this cruise is like my other ones, I won’t be able to log into CC so I will have catch up whenI get back!

Sherri🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, sjb317 said:

We passed our tests at Walgreens yesterday so looks like I need to pack today.😂.  We are leaving in the morning for a short cruise that we booked a few weeks ago only because we got an email from Royal saying we still have FCC that we needed to use and, if we sailed by a certain date, we would get a nice amount of OBC.  So, why not?

Sherry, enjoy your cruise & rest up for your eventful summer!  (Your DH is clearly no dummy.... 🤣)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

I got a new mattress/box spring and then (like you) I returned it. Second round I got a Saatva mattress that gets raves, but I'm only somewhat satisfied with it. I wish I could've just duplicated my old set!!  I wouldn't have replaced mine at all except that one of the springs had un-sprung and without exception I always seemed to manage to turn over onto it and have it poke me in the side!

I am VERY HAPPY with my SERTA🙂.......sorry you are still not happy with your new one.

Sherri - have a good time on the cruise.  I'd do nothing but relax with all the remodel activity you come home to do.   

I did go down to the Valley yesterday.  It was in the low-mid 70s down there, warmest weather I've been in so far this year.  Picked up my sweets at the Italian store.  Stopped next door at the italian pasticeria and picked up 2 little lemon ricotta cookies.  Wow.  Some of the best cookies I've ever had!!  Did remind me of the lemon ricotta that TJ's has once in awhile.   

Unfortunately, 2 doors down from the Italian store is Gigi Pip, the hat store.  Some magnetic force pulled me into the store.  When the force died down, I escaped with another hat and a hatband for another hat I have.  

Last stop was TJ's.  Nothing new and exciting, just picked up some favorites and some things I was running low on in my pantry.   The shelves were bare in places, a sign that things are still having trouble getting to the stores.  

OOTD:  one of my printed leggings, a Tshirt and my Merrells.  Good enough for when I go to the store to pick up some meds and the state store for the wine that I forgot to get yesterday...

• Like 1

18 hours ago, slidergirl said:

Unfortunately, 2 doors down from the Italian store is Gigi Pip, the hat store.  Some magnetic force pulled me into the store.  When the force died down, I escaped with another hat and a hatband for another hat I have.  

LOL, love it!  The irresistible force must be obeyed.  What hat did you get -- is it on their online site?

18 hours ago, slidergirl said:

Last stop was TJ's.  Nothing new and exciting, just picked up some favorites and some things I was running low on in my pantry.   The shelves were bare in places, a sign that things are still having trouble getting to the stores.  

Yeah, I made it to TJ's yesterday -- stocked up on some basics and some cheeses. I got a new salad (lemon chicken and arugula) to try because I love all things arugula. One other new thing on my list I couldn't find anywhere in the store. But I was jazzed that they brought back the jalapeno limeade; I do like that when it's hot and in a pinch makes a great cocktail base with some vodka!

• Like 1

Good morning, wishing all you Mom's, Grandma's, Step Mom's,.......well, really anyone in that position a Very Happy Mother's Day. Hope you do whatever you want today..........

Mother's Day Cards | Send online instantly | Track opens

• Like 3

4 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

LOL, love it!  The irresistible force must be obeyed.  What hat did you get -- is it on their online site?

Yeah, I made it to TJ's yesterday -- stocked up on some basics and some cheeses. I got a new salad (lemon chicken and arugula) to try because I love all things arugula. One other new thing on my list I couldn't find anywhere in the store. But I was jazzed that they brought back the jalapeno limeade; I do like that when it's hot and in a pinch makes a great cocktail base with some vodka!

It is online - the Arlo.  I got it with the grey band.  I didn't like the upturned brim, so the sales person steamed it to shape it to how I wanted it - more flat.  

I did resist the urge to take advantage of the Mother's Day 50% off second hat offer.  I spent enough.  But, there was a grey Scottie that was screaming my name.  The sales folks had decked out that with really cool hatbands, buttons, pins and feathers, so it was going to be even more.  Sigh.  

TJ's - I really like that chicken arugula salad.  I also get the bagged lemony arugula basil salad kit.  I'll pop a nice burrata on it and drizzle with balsamic.   I'll have to give the jalapeno limeade a try next time.  What were you looking for that they didn't have?   

pleasant surprise last night:  CNN replayed all of last season's Stanley episodes.  I was up until 1am watching them.   Looking at the schedule for tonight, they will replay this season's Venice episode AFTER the new one and the new Nomad series.   So, load up on your snacks!!

• Like 1

On 5/7/2022 at 8:08 AM, sjb317 said:

I think your storms have come down here, Christy!  I woke up this morning to loud thunder and very bright lightening.  Supposed to clear up by afternoon and be great for the rest of the weekend.  

We had three consecutive days of lots of thunder and lightning, but very little rain. There was a tornado in the next county over, but only property damage, thank goodness. It's still overcast today and much cooler. Got some sun yesterday, but not enough for me.

• Like 1