for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

Hi Sherri, welcome back and glad you had fun with the family.🙂

Got my shot and all is well😃.  I got Moderna and go back for the 2nd one on April 1st.

I am getting a hair cut this afternoon as well!

• Like 3

12 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

Hi Ladies!  we are going to stay at Mandalay Bay, very excited & hoping that I know how to behave in public...  will try not to hug strangers lol 🙂

Mandalay Bay is my favorite place to stay!  The pools just opened up too.  Give the DH a big surprise and rent a cabana for a day!!!  I did that for myself one year for my birthday - it was so nice.   Let me know how LV - I might have to spend a night there if the campground I want to go to is full (Valley of Fire SP - it's first come, first serve and I can't get there until early evening from home).  '

Lois - if you ask for the recipe for the mash, most chefs will give it out, especially of it is part of a chain.  I "googled" and only found their recipe for the whole roasted cauliflower.  That is at least the base for the "roasted cauliflower mash" that you had, I'd guess.  

So far, no problem with my shot.  Well, I fell asleep at 8pm last night and didn't wake up until 9am.  Don't know if that was from the shot or just the effect of waking up at 3am all week and not getting back to sleep.  The arm is a little sore, but that may due to absently laying on it when I slept.  It's no worse then the soreness when I get a flu shot.  

Get to see my hair stylist today to get rid of the rather large "skunk stripe" that I've grown since we couldn't take care of it in the usual time period.  It's not horrendous, but some of the under growth has to be addressed more aggressively than usual.  It's also a nice time for us to gossip and talk local happenings - I've been going to her since the early 90s.  

I sure hope my condos get skipped by the Spring Breakers!!!  We have had a few groups of what seem like older college guys the past 2 weeks.  2 of our owners' kids are staying here for the of the season and they've had their college friends and girlfriends come through.  At least they are good kids.  

OOTD:  It's a "wear, put on chair, re-wear" kind of day.  Camo joggers and a Tshirt (not sure which one yet).  

• Like 1

Anyone else still following along on this thread besides me who is still waiting for their opportunity to get vaccinated?  I can't believe how slow my state is. They only just added teachers to the list and are still only vaccinating those who are 65+ years....

Hi Cynthia, the only reason I was able to get mine yesterday was because the state changed 

one of the parameters.  It was the first time they added "Those under 65 with vulnerabilities."

They are supposedly going to lower age range in the next couple of weeks to either 60 or 55

for everyone. Hope you are able to get one soon.🙂

• Like 1

My 81 year old father (in MO) just got his second dose this week and he got the first one as soon as he was eligible and the VA had appointments. I do not know how they are doing otherwise. And I only got mine when I did because I'm an RN. They just started teachers this week. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

Anyone else still following along on this thread besides me who is still waiting for their opportunity to get vaccinated?  I can't believe how slow my state is. They only just added teachers to the list and are still only vaccinating those who are 65+ years....

I’m not eligible in FL. I would be in other places if I wanted to use my BMI as the eligibility requirement. I’m not really waiting for my opportunity though. I have no reason to get vaccinated so will likely wait a year or two to see how it all pans out. The next international travel that is a must do for me is just over 2 years away so I have time for the world to figure out what it is doing with regards to the variants and also the few, very few but still happening deaths that may or may not be a result of the vaccinations.

4 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

Sneak on out here to my county.  After dropping the age to 65 last week, this week they said they're dropping it down to 40 on Monday!!!  I'm not sure why - we're nothing special.   And, since many down in Utah County do not want to be vaccinated, they end up with leftovers.  So, people are driving down to Provo and Orem at the end of the day to get what is not given.  One of the kids here - he's 24 - did that and the people giving the vaccine did not bat an eye.  

Wow Kat that’s just crazy. Maybe I’ll send our son & son-in-law out there. They’re the only ones in the family that haven’t had jabs yet. Son has breathing issues so VA will likely take care of him son. SIL is an essential worker, so hopefully soon 

Good morning girls,  I have been thinking about going on a land trip...yes, seriously.  I haven't

made a final decision yet but I am really tired of staying here (I know we all are in the same boat).

But I am looking at Tauck Tours......they get very high ratings and I know someone who has done a trip to Italy with them and she LOVED IT😃

This is not a European Tour but here in the states....a California Tour for 10 nights.

From LA to Santa Barbara to Monterey to San Francisco...the hotels they stay at look fantastic

and the tours are SMALL....no more than 26 people.   Just thinking about it. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Good morning girls,  I have been thinking about going on a land trip...yes, seriously.  I haven't

made a final decision yet but I am really tired of staying here (I know we all are in the same boat).

But I am looking at Tauck Tours......they get very high ratings and I know someone who has done a trip to Italy with them and she LOVED IT😃

This is not a European Tour but here in the states....a California Tour for 10 nights.

From LA to Santa Barbara to Monterey to San Francisco...the hotels they stay at look fantastic

and the tours are SMALL....no more than 26 people.   Just thinking about it. 

I have a friend that has done many Tauck tours & loves them. We considered them, but I really can’t stand buses. The hotels they stay at are fabulous 

5 minutes ago, awhfy said:

I have a friend that has done many Tauck tours & loves them. We considered them, but I really can’t stand buses. The hotels they stay at are fabulous 

It looks like it for sure.  I can't remember the last time I ever took a bus tour to be honest about

it. Not sure how bad/good it would be........

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

It looks like it for sure.  I can't remember the last time I ever took a bus tour to be honest about

it. Not sure how bad/good it would be........

I've never done a bus tour per se...the closest thing that I can compare it to is the trip I took as a chaperone during DS's 8th grade year when the entire 8th grade music department goes to Disney. We drove from an hour north of Atlanta down to the Orlando and then all around Orlando on the bus when necessary. So my opinion is being shared from having been on the bus for that long haul drive and then the very, very short drives around WDW.

The buses are so very comfortable. Usually more room than an coach airplane seat. Definitely a more comfortable chair...foot rests that drop down from the seat in front of you...the big windows make watching the scenery as you drive very nice. The atmosphere is so much better than a plane...the noise level is different, there isn't the pressure on your head and body...it's overall just a much more comfortable ride and atmosphere.

Also, because the atmosphere is so different, it much easier to have conversation. Generally you can easily talk to the people around you...also because it's just different, it is easier to adjust your sitting position, even sort of stand for short bits to stretch as needed, though they prefer you don't walk around much. Generally...the bus air conditioning is set for very cold. It helps get the bus driver alert, so if you are doing any evening driving, with the sun going down, the bus can get downright chilly. We drove overnight to get home and it was freezing cold on the bus. Everyone had blankets. I would definitely be packing a lap blanket for such a bus ride.

Also...along those lines...because of the lack of security issues, bringing food and drinks on the bus is generally not an issue. So whenever you have the opportunity to stock snacks, etc., there's never an issue with bringing such things onto the bus, which is nice. Because of the a/c, the air can be dehydrating and so it's good to be able to keep yourself stocked with beverages, etc.

Idk if you've been to CA before...I was born and raised in CA...the Bay Area...I love to visit Monterey and especially Carmel...probably one of my most favorite places in the world because of all the good memories I have and how beautiful the coast is. I haven't been in over 20 years though so many things are different, I'm sure...I think I heard a while back that the famous tree on the scenic drive around Monterey is now gone. 

• Like 1

Hi Anita, thanks for the reply.  I have been to CA multiple times and I love it. San Francisco is 

one of my most favorite cities anywhere!🙂.....I love it!!!!! I have been to Monterey as well.

Never been to Santa Barbara though.

As for "snacks" and stuff......I have never been one to bring that kind of stuff with me. That 

is just me. Maybe a bottle of water but as for food? I just don't carry much of anything extra

with me.  I don't know if there is driving at night.......I don't plan on bringing a blanket on the

trip though. A warm up jacket yes, a cardigan, yes......but bringing a blanket is not really in my

wheelhouse.  Since we are staying in various hotels,  I would guess there won't be much

"night driving".  But that would be a question I will ask them.  I do know there are no

more than 24 people on the tour, which is a good thing (in my opinion).

1 hour ago, alidor said:

We have been on 5 Tauck tours.  You won’t be disappointed...   Have another one scheduled for this October to Egypt and Jordan.  Hope it goes!!

5? Wow, you must really love them!😀

All alone at work for 45 more minutes and bored...

Lois - those are some very cush hotels on that tour!!   The only bus tour I did was the Jordan part of my Egypt/Jordan trip.  15 of us in a comfy bus.  It was not bad at all.   I think the buses usually have a cooler of water bottles.  You don't have that much travel time between stops, so it would be manageable.  

One of my old co-workers from when I worked the ski lifts does bus tours for one of the companies in the summer as the "tour director."  He does the ones that go through the National Parks.  He loves it as his summer job.  He stays semi-retired in the winter.  

I'm all set for Stanley tonight!  Hoping to find out some new things to put in my risottos...  Last night, I watched the reruns of Rome and Bologna.  I really have to remember to have dinner BEFORE I watch Stanley!!!

Oh Athleta lovers:  I picked up one of the Uptempo Hoodie Sweatshirt to add to my working wear collection.  Oh My!  It's so freakin' soft!!!!  It's not sweatshirt material, but like the stuff the Pranayma Wraps are - a stretchy, but thin, knit.  I wore it for the first time today - I was so comfy.  I went outside for 30 minutes around lunch - sunny and 43 degrees - and I was perfectly nice.  I may get another one.  I got the "Bali Green/Oganic Teal" color - it has a greyish-green to it that's really nice.  Not sure what other color I'd get - probably the off-white one.  I like the purple one, but it's out of stock in L and XL.  

OOTD:  The new hoodie, my Woolx leggings with the side pockets.  I'm in a rut...  But, I'll have to wear another Tshirt tomorrow in case I get some time to sun on our patio again...

• Like 1

Good morning to all!  Getting ready to go to dentist which I absolutely hate as it seems like I have reached an age where they always find a new problem.😂. OOTD is khaki capris with a long sleeved Gap tshirt as the office is always cold!  I actually have brushed my hair out and put on a little makeup and earrings!! 

Lois, the itinerary for the tour sounds great, I, too, have always loved SF and would love to visit there again.  For me personally, I’ve never been a fan of group tours or buses but if it meant traveling someplace interesting, I would probably put up with both!😂.  

I think I have caught up on Stanley Tucci, have really enjoyed watching them.  It’s fun to recognize places we’ve been to but I know what you mean, Kay, I have to eat before watching it.  Watching it also makes me really want to travel somewhere, anywhere!

Yesterday was our granddaughter’s 7th birthday so I spent the day doing a lot of face timing with her.  Her parents were taking the kids out to what Camie called a very fancy restaurant, being the fashionista in the family (the only one!) she was very concerned about what to wear.  She kept calling with a new outfit to model, finally settled on a pink dress with a tulle skirt and sequins.😂.  Once the dress was chosen, we then had to go through accessories and shoes.  It was so much fun, especially for this mother of 3 sons!

Wish me luck at the dentist!

Sherri🙂

• Like 2

I know what you mean about dentist Sherry. I dread going. I have a post op appt from the bone grafts & implant removal on the 22nd...hoping it’s healing well & they can think about reimplanting (without titanium) soon

Good morning, I have a couple of friends who are not recommending I go to CA right now.

(The trip isn't right now but I they are giving me some food for thought).

As for the dentist, I have never minded going.....call me crazy LOL

Anyone else watch the Oprah interview besides me?  Since I missed Stanley Tucci last night

I watched it On Demand this morning🙂 I have never visited Milan..........I need to go!😀

I loved watching the bartender at that funky bar........need to see what that Charcoal liquor was,,,,

I know it was part of a Martini! 

Again, the boss is gone and I'm all by myself for the next 2.5 hours.  It's sooooooooo slow today.  I brought in my speaker again and I'm listening to whatever I feel like - now it's Michael McDonald.

I love my dental hygienist and dentist.  I think I'm weird.

My brain, for some reason, couldn't process Stanley last night.  I saw excellent risotto milanese and some really tasty looking polenta, but I can't remember much of anything else.  I'll have to watch the rerun...

Utah is joining the ranks of the maskless masses on April 10.  Because "by that time most of most vulnerable will have been vaccinated by then."  Sure.  And, I have a flying pig.  It was passed at the last hour of the last day of our Legislative session.  Our end of season on this side of the hill is April 11, but on the other side, it can go on for another month after that or more (snow depending).  I will keep wearing my mask and I'll avoid the maskless places.  

OOTD:  my Woolx leggings without the pockets, my blue Cotopaxi sleeveless Tshirt, grey Athleta wrap.  It was 46 degrees, but windy and then it got overcast, so no sunning outside today.  

P.S.  A nice man, not even from one of my units we manage, gave me a bottle of vodka, a bottle of bourbon, a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc and $20 just because I told him he could leave his bags here and ski the rest of the day (his group was checking out).  I now have enough vodka (it wasn't Tito's, but a good local one) and Sauvignon Blanc to treat the entire town!!!  

Edited by slidergirl
  • Like 1

Hi Girls, 

Lois, may I ask why your friends are advising against a trip to CA? If it’s because of the virus, our numbers are coming down and we are maintaining the precautions such as masks and distancing. There are some areas along Highway  1 that are closed because of washouts but could be open by the time you would be traveling. BTW I don’t think you said when that would be. Anyway, there are many beautiful sights between LA and SF. 

BTW, alidor knows what she’s talking about so her recommendation is a valid one.

I agree with Anita about bus travel and I believe that Tauck goes above and beyond for comfort.  We have friends that have taken several a Tauck tours and rave about everything.

Sherry, I’m with you when it comes to dental visits. Seems like there is always something that needs attention. Fingers crossed that all goes well and for you also Melody.

OMG, Kat I’m so sorry to hear that UT is also doing away with masks etc. DS said that he’s noticing that SLC airport is sometimes a bit lax when it comes to enforcing things. Apparently, food and drink are to be consumed where purchased not while you are walking around but he’s noticing that some pax figure that as long as they have a drink or food item in hand they can walk around unmasked. Fortunately, Delta is enforcing the mask rule on board. 

Wow, sounds like you are acquiring a good supply of adult beverages. I’m not sure about this since I’ve never made Limoncello but is one of the ingredients vodka by any chance? I think Debbie has made it so she would know.

OOTD branching out a bit and trying to wear some things that I haven’t seen in a year or so!

Sharon

• Like 1

Hi Sharon, yes, what you said about cases and what is opened and not opened.  I would be

looking at May or June so I wonder if things will be much better by that time.  Example, Hearst

Castle is on the tour but  I understand that is closed.  I probably need to call Tauck and see

what they have to say.

I am supposed to be finally getting my new bed on Thursday. Will let ya'll know how everything

goes.

• Like 1

On 3/7/2021 at 8:32 PM, slidergirl said:

Oh Athleta lovers:  I picked up one of the Uptempo Hoodie Sweatshirt to add to my working wear collection.  Oh My!  It's so freakin' soft!!!!  It's not sweatshirt material, but like the stuff the Pranayma Wraps are - a stretchy, but thin, knit.  I wore it for the first time today - I was so comfy.  I went outside for 30 minutes around lunch - sunny and 43 degrees - and I was perfectly nice.  I may get another one.  I got the "Bali Green/Oganic Teal" color - it has a greyish-green to it that's really nice.  Not sure what other color I'd get - probably the off-white one.  I like the purple one, but it's out of stock in L and XL.  

I have the Pranayma wrap and love it. And I think I already have and Uptempo long sleeve top. Maybe I should go look at the hoodie too?  

• Like 1