How are the Swans doing 2020

7 hours ago, Docker123 said:

and the good news just keeps rolling in ...

Buddy has been ruled out for the rest of the season because on ongoing injury.

Oh nooooo, the hits keep coming. This is a lost season for my Swans. I think I will go light a candle for them. I just hope it doesn't set my bag on fire 😉

Go Swans!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, NoWhiners said:

Oh nooooo, the hits keep coming. This is a lost season for my Swans. I think I will go light a candle for them. I just hope it doesn't set my bag on fire 😉

Go Swans!

This is just one awfully strange season all around.

Covid, a big break after the first round, teams locked out of states, fans locked out, shortened games, etc.. Still no clear indication of where any finals will be played.

A lot I know see it as some entertainment, but not a huge emotional investment.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Docker123 said:

This is just one awfully strange season all around.

Covid, a big break after the first round, teams locked out of states, fans locked out, shortened games, etc.. Still no clear indication of where any finals will be played.

A lot I know see it as some entertainment, but not a huge emotional investment.

I guess this will go down as a lost season. Maybe good to get the rookies ready for next season?

2 hours ago, NoWhiners said:

I guess this will go down as a lost season. Maybe good to get the rookies ready for next season?

Good planning would mean they should have been doing this gradually all season long but I know what you mean.

4 hours ago, NoWhiners said:

The lower down the ladder a team finishes at the end of the season, results in the team getting early draft picks.

1 minute ago, By The Bay said:

The lower down the ladder a team finishes at the end of the season, results in the team getting early draft picks.

Ah yes, I had forgotten. A silver lining in the cloud after all.

Go Swans!

A comeback win for the Bombers yesterday over the Hawks. After being 36 points down at half time, Bombers won by 16 points. Joe Daniher played his first game for 15 months and kicked three goals. 

Last night the Eagles lost to the Tigers by 27 points. 

Leigh

10 minutes ago, possum52 said:

A comeback win for the Bombers yesterday over the Hawks. After being 36 points down at half time, Bombers won by 16 points. Joe Daniher played his first game for 15 months and kicked three goals. 

Last night the Eagles lost to the Tigers by 27 points. 

Leigh

Way to go Bombers--I bet Rob and the boys are happy!

Glad you posted, this reminded me to check the schedule. We get to see the Geelong game, GWS Giants game and--the Swans 😁 And, it's on at 9:45, so I will be able to actually watch it.

Go Swans!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NoWhiners said:

Way to go Bombers--I bet Rob and the boys are happy!

Glad you posted, this reminded me to check the schedule. We get to see the Geelong game, GWS Giants game and--the Swans 😁 And, it's on at 9:45, so I will be able to actually watch it.

Go Swans!

Enjoy the Swans game ML.Unfortunately I think it will be a win for Port Power though.

Leigh

18 minutes ago, possum52 said:

Enjoy the Swans game ML.Unfortunately I think it will be a win for Port Power though.

Leigh

Oh yeah, I expect it will be quite the beating, but at least I can watch 😉 And, you never know, the Swans could start a late run!

Go Swans!

• Like 1

I am no AFL follower, but I cannot fathom out why the AFL grand final is going to the Gabba in Brisvegas, I mean to say they are still having Covid outbreaks up there. OK I understand why not in Melbourne home of Arial Ping Pong,  but why could it not be be held in Sydney?

Young Warwick wants to know !!th.jpg.2932cc9b4e9f06d16151d207d369ccff.jpg

Edited by NSWP

Because Warwick was a Meter Maid on the Gold Coast.

C92C724B-340B-4EC0-9A0F-B3FA9FC9B058.jpeg.7afb374d3fae798a7c0aae00be5fe44f.jpeg

Games are being played in Perth, Adelaide and Qld (with odd ones in the NT). All teams have moved from Vic and NSW. 

The reason given was because Qld was the most accommodating by hosting so many teams and games. WA had said quarantine would apply, probably to huge bag loads of freeloaders who get along.

WA 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

Because Warwick was a Meter Maid on the Gold Coast.

C92C724B-340B-4EC0-9A0F-B3FA9FC9B058.jpeg.7afb374d3fae798a7c0aae00be5fe44f.jpeg

Games are being played in Perth, Adelaide and Qld (with odd ones in the NT). All teams have moved from Vic and NSW. 

The reason given was because Qld was the most accommodating by hosting so many teams and games. WA had said quarantine would apply, probably to huge bag loads of freeloaders who get along.

WA 

All about the money I reckon.  BTW Warwick is a bit greedy, two meter maids on the go, halycon days.

5 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

A night Grand Final due to a horse race, what a load of BS, it is all about the money.

I agree Mic, why give the AFL Grand final to Qld,  That tyrant of a Premier won't let anyone across the borders, but they want the AFL for the big $$$.  So only Queenslanders can attend the game.  Load of baloney. Should have been in Sydney.   Geez they don't even have decent beer up there, just that XXXX rubbish. And what brand of pies are they going to serve at the Gabba more importantly? 

Edited by NSWP

23 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

BTW, Crows won against hawthorn during the week, they now have a win, still need another 3 to drop the wooden spoon though.

I went to check scores and the Swans schedule and saw this. Oh no, our lead over the Crows is shrinking! I don't see them beating Melbourne this week, so things are tightening up.

22 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

A night Grand Final due to a horse race, what a load of BS, it is all about the money.

I thought it was played at night? Maybe that just because of the time difference and it is night here. Is it traditional to play in the afternoon?

On a related note, the Swans will be on this morning at about 12:40 am, but I can't watch because I have a golf match tomorrow. Much sadness 😞

Go Swans!