How are the Swans doing 2020

AFL Grand finals are traditionally an afternoon game so that people could make a day of it, there is the GF breakfast and then a progression to the MCG for the game.

Those not attending the game would have a gathering with lunch and then watch the game over snacks and drinks possibly followed by a celebratory or commiseration dinner.

7 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

AFL Grand finals are traditionally an afternoon game so that people could make a day of it, there is the GF breakfast and then a progression to the MCG for the game.

Those not attending the game would have a gathering with lunch and then watch the game over snacks and drinks possibly followed by a celebratory or commiseration dinner.

Thanks for the explanation, just like our super bowl. Does everyone call in 'sick' the next day too?

56 minutes ago, NoWhiners said:

Thanks for the explanation, just like our super bowl. Does everyone call in 'sick' the next day too?

The GF has always been played on Saturday afternoon, so people have Sunday to recover ML. ALthough I'm sure some will have the Monday off or organise annual leave if they have to travel to Melbourne. 

People even have days off here to watch the Super Bowl.

Leigh

Edited by possum52

2 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

A night Grand Final due to a horse race, what a load of BS, it is all about the money.

Yep it sure is Mic, it was the perfect excuse to have a night/evening GF being away from Melbourne. I hope it doesn't become the normal time. If I have to line up for my seat in the MCC members' reserve, it will be a very long day! Will have to go home and have a nap once I'm given my seat ticket.😀

Leigh

1 hour ago, possum52 said:

The GF has always been played on Saturday afternoon, so people have Sunday to recover ML. ALthough I'm sure some will have the Monday off or organise annual leave if they have to travel to Melbourne. 

People even have days off here to watch the Super Bowl.

Leigh

That is so smart! We should do that for the super bowl! But taking a day off  for SB is also a good idea! Everyone here just figures out a way to not be at work on the Monday after the SB.

Go Swans!

1 hour ago, possum52 said:

Yep it sure is Mic, it was the perfect excuse to have a night/evening GF being away from Melbourne. I hope it doesn't become the normal time. If I have to line up for my seat in the MCC members' reserve, it will be a very long day! Will have to go home and have a nap once I'm given my seat ticket.😀

Leigh

You sound like an AFL fanatic Leigh, but then most Vics are.

2 hours ago, NoWhiners said:

At Superbowl time does the Government or State declare a public holiday, you know, a day off work but you get paid for it?  Like in Victoria? 

27 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Surely the Victorian Government has withdrawn the Grand Final Public Holiday on the Friday before the game? The Queenslanders will probably get it now.

No Victorians still get their Public Holiday for the Grand final on the Friday prior.

53 minutes ago, NSWP said:

You sound like an AFL fanatic Leigh, but then most Vics are.

Yes I probably am Les, brought up in a country family where AFL football was the the number 1 sport. Husband, son and grandsons all played/play. No, not all Vics are fanatical. Some do hate sport full stop and in particular AFL. We are very much a sporting family. All of us played/play a number of different sports. Although Rob and I are now just spectators! We love watching our grandchildren participate. 

Leigh 

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

No Victorians still get their Public Holiday for the Grand final on the Friday prior.

But how can they get a public holiday when they cannot go see the Grand Final, make 'em work !!! The economy is failing.

24 minutes ago, Bowm54 said:

That paper is just sooooooo biased. I can hardly show my Top Contributor Badge In public.

Always running on about rugby something or other.

At least these public health reports are important in these times of crisis.

24 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

That paper is just sooooooo biased. I can hardly show my Top Contributor Badge In public.

Always running on about rugby something or other.

At least these public health reports are important in these times of crisis.

Edited by Bowm54

3 minutes ago, Bowm54 said:

Its certainly good to be informed. You do know don’t you, that you are allowed to join us at the Gabba. Its going to be a great Grand Final.

As I live in Melbourne, will you clear it with Anastacia  for me.

Being an Eagles member, I am sure it will be worth attending.

Thank you in advance.

5 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

As I live in Melbourne, will you clear it with Anastacia  for me.

Being an Eagles member, I am sure it will be worth attending.

Thank you in advance.

Cleared, Annie will be in touch.