P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

19 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I agree, pure selfishness.

There was no signs up to say wear masks and no tannoy messages either.

There were a few staff on the shop floor also not wearing masks.

I have to go to the hospital covid test site tomorrow for a swab before my BCC op on Christmas Eve so I am in isolation now till the op.

Hope all goes well tomorrow and on Christmas Eve for you. We have always worn our marks in shops and still sanitise our trolly. I can’t believe people who don’t, we are still in the middle of a pandemic 

I am off to the dentist soon, I had my teeth cleaned a few weeks ago, he seemed to do it quite aggressively and I have had toothache on and off since. 
Hope everyone is well and staying as safe as possible in these uncertain times

Michelle

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I have to go to the hospital covid test site tomorrow for a swab before my BCC op on Christmas Eve so I am in isolation now till the op.

Good luck from Mrs K and me Graham .:classic_smile: 

The Mrs was only saying the other day how she felt so lucky and blessed to have had 

her operation in such uncertain times especially when so many NHS staff are also falling 

ill this time around . Hope all goes well for you, best wishes  and stay safe :classic_smile:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, kalos said:

Good luck from Mrs K and me Graham .:classic_smile: 

The Mrs was only saying the other day how she felt so lucky and blessed to have had 

her operation in such uncertain times especially when so many NHS staff are also falling 

ill this time around . Hope all goes well for you, best wishes  and stay safe :classic_smile:

Thank you Kalos.

• Like 1

On 12/18/2021 at 9:31 PM, Britboys said:

I was immensely sorry for AJ & Kai - they totally deserved their place in the final. Despite that, it was an amazing final and I think both couples deserved to be Champions. Rose has been very consistent throughout and John really brought his A-game to the dancefloor tonight.

From a very personal viewpoint though, I want to say that as a 60+ gay man, seeing two openly gay men dancing together on such a hugely popular, prime-time tv show brought tears to my eyes on several occasions including tonight. Growing up in the sixties and seventies - a very different time to now - I could never have imagined seeing something like this in my lifetime...

Andrew, that is an interesting observation, as of course, women have danced together for years when there were no males available.  Nobody thought that was odd.

Edited by jeanlyon

24 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Hope all goes well tomorrow and on Christmas Eve for you. We have always worn our marks in shops and still sanitise our trolly. I can’t believe people who don’t, we are still in the middle of a pandemic 

I am off to the dentist soon, I had my teeth cleaned a few weeks ago, he seemed to do it quite aggressively and I have had toothache on and off since. 
Hope everyone is well and staying as safe as possible in these uncertain times

Michelle

Thank you Michelle.

I hope your dental appointment is successful in getting rid of your pain.

We have a hygienist at our dental surgery who does all the tooth cleaning.

Take care.

Graham.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, zap99 said:

We popped into Morrison's to do our weekly shop. I grabbed a table whilst DW got the coffee. She walked past me twice until I took my mask off. She recognised me then, but sat somewhere else anyway 🤔

Mrs Zapp was putting her own welfare first ? :classic_unsure::classic_wink:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I have had a horrible morning after I made the mistake of going to our local Tesco this morning and I am now completely  anti-Tesco.  There were lots of gaps on the shelves.  I went to the till with only one person in the queue and then spent spent 15 minutes in the queue while the assistant chatted with that person. When she eventually started to scan my shopping she said "sorry for the wait" I pointed out that if she hadn't been chatting then there wouldn't have been a wait to which she replied " I am new to the job so I was talking to the other lady because I need to talk and don't know any of the other workers.  I said that I was too busy to chat.  She then said that if you don't want to talk to shop workers then you should get someone else to do your shopping  I was so annoyed that I just walked away leaving her with a conveyor of shopping and went to Sainsburys where they had everything on my list and very polite helpful workers.  I then met my friend for coffee at Trentham Gardens and a man tripped over a "Hearing" dog and I got  cup of tea that I didn't want.  I am now going into hibernation.

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I have had a horrible morning after I made the mistake of going to our local Tesco this morning and I am now completely  anti-Tesco.  There were lots of gaps on the shelves.  I went to the till with only one person in the queue and then spent spent 15 minutes in the queue while the assistant chatted with that person. When she eventually started to scan my shopping she said "sorry for the wait" I pointed out that if she hadn't been chatting then there wouldn't have been a wait to which she replied " I am new to the job so I was talking to the other lady because I need to talk and don't know any of the other workers.  I said that I was too busy to chat.  She then said that if you don't want to talk to shop workers then you should get someone else to do your shopping  I was so annoyed that I just walked away leaving her with a conveyor of shopping and went to Sainsburys where they had everything on my list and very polite helpful workers.  I then met my friend for coffee at Trentham Gardens and a man tripped over a "Hearing" dog and I got  cup of tea that I didn't want.  I am now going into hibernation.

Before you go into hibernation why not phone that local Tesco of yours and tell their 

manager if he cares to play his CCTV  back he will find out why he ended up with a dumped

conveyor of shopping and  Sainsburys got your custom . :classic_smile:

• Like 7

Just finished off our Final Tesco shop before Christmas, everything we wanted is available as it has been for last 3 weeks, hopefully will still be when it comes on Wednesday. We have spread our Christmas shop out over the last 4 weeks, so this weeks is mainly fresh items. We are well stocked should, with slots booked for the next 3 weeks, plus we have our emergency cupboard stocked as well. 

There will be just the 2 of us for Christmas this year, first Christmas we have spent by ourselves for 5 years. So it will be beef and gammon Christmas Day, Christmas pud, we have wine and cheese later, (no suits required 😬

Christmas TV watching will be Bond Film - No Time to Die on Christmas Day, our annual binge watch this year will be Lord of the Rings Trilogy (in the past we have done Star Wars & Harry Potter)

Tradition will continue with the Radio Times and a Yellow Highlighter Pen to highlight anything else we may watch or record for the future. 

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Went to the dentist today for a couple of pre-planned fillings.  Poor dentist and her assistant had so much PPE they looked like they were in a plague disaster movie.  Has to be done though.

I remember walking around work carrying my hand foam with white gloves on, a face mask and visor. I remember thinking that I looked like I wouldn't have been out of place in Chernobyl ! Like you say, has to be done if it keeps people safe. 🙂

Edited by Presto2
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, LynnForestgate said:

I mean this in relation to the Sky TV series, and not the actual event....

It was a great series wasn't it ?

I have binge watched it a couple of times.

Sorry I meant the event and not the series 😉

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Best of luck for tomorrow Graham and of course for Friday.  We'll all be thinking of you.  Jane.x

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

Just finished off our Final Tesco shop before Christmas, everything we wanted is available as it has been for last 3 weeks, hopefully will still be when it comes on Wednesday. We have spread our Christmas shop out over the last 4 weeks, so this weeks is mainly fresh items. We are well stocked should, with slots booked for the next 3 weeks, plus we have our emergency cupboard stocked as well. 

There will be just the 2 of us for Christmas this year, first Christmas we have spent by ourselves for 5 years. So it will be beef and gammon Christmas Day, Christmas pud, we have wine and cheese later, (no suits required 😬

Christmas TV watching will be Bond Film - No Time to Die on Christmas Day, our annual binge watch this year will be Lord of the Rings Trilogy (in the past we have done Star Wars & Harry Potter)

Tradition will continue with the Radio Times and a Yellow Highlighter Pen to highlight anything else we may watch or record for the future. 

No Time To Die is brilliant

Your plans sound great apart from no turkey!

Lol

On 12/18/2021 at 9:31 PM, Britboys said:

I was immensely sorry for AJ & Kai - they totally deserved their place in the final. Despite that, it was an amazing final and I think both couples deserved to be Champions. Rose has been very consistent throughout and John really brought his A-game to the dancefloor tonight.

From a very personal viewpoint though, I want to say that as a 60+ gay man, seeing two openly gay men dancing together on such a hugely popular, prime-time tv show brought tears to my eyes on several occasions including tonight. Growing up in the sixties and seventies - a very different time to now - I could never have imagined seeing something like this in my lifetime...

Loved the final

Felt really sad for AJ - she spoke really well and seems a lovely lady

I wanted Rose to win for a while now and was delighted for her

But the boys would have been worthy winners as well and were brilliant 

Only thing that upset me was both couples not getting 40 for their first dances as well

What could they have done better?

I said to my wife at the end that I reckon Johannes is the best dancer I've ever seen

Hope he's in the show again next series.  Truly incredible dancer. 

Would pay to watch him dance

Edited by Interestedcruisefan
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

Andrew, that is an interesting observation, as of course, women have danced together for years when there were no males available.  Nobody thought that was odd.

It's all Queen Victoria's fault Jean 😀. She apparently refused to believe that two women could have sexual relations with each other, which is why it was only criminalised for men. That obviously backed up and encouraged discriminatory attitudes...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Beckett said:

Yes Zap, we would "invite" him to go elsewhere.  It's just a nice way of saying "bugger off somewhere else then".  We've no time for that sort of behaviour - we're too busy trying to help people who want to be helped - no idiots allowed.  Jane.x 

I use the phrase 'please disappear rapidly over the horizon' but they don't seem to understand.

Got a stonking cold and thought it was COVID but LFT tests remain firmly negative.

Giving the social club a miss as one of the prominent regulars is firmly anti vax and there are 'discussions' with him. 

The last huge Tesco delivery on Wednesday and I now have 2 fridges to keep it all in. 

7 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

No.

Hopefully you never need this Michelle.

Graham.

Hopefully not Graham but you never know, even when we try to be careful there is always a risk every time we go out especially with irresponsible people around

Michelle

• Like 1

Had a busy few days,  so not been on here.

Yesterday we had a family meal booked before going on to the theatre having booked for 11 of us. Had arranged to leave here at 12.30 pm for a table booked in Truro at 1.30 pm but had a phone call at 12 to say that my daughter-in-law's, brother's girlfriend has just tested positive for covid so threw all plans up in the air. Spent the next half an hour ringing round to re-organised who still wanted to go ahead with the what had been arranged. It was agreed that as we hadn't had any contact with her or any of her family we would go ahead, so we were down to a party of 6. Fortunately the theatre agreed to give me a credit for the unused tickets.  We had an enjoyable meal and enjoyed our visit to the theatre although the show wasn't what we imagined! We knew it was a Cornish take on Cinderella but it was nothing like the well know version!! 

Took a trip up to Tesco's today to take advantage of the last day of my 20% discount and there was a member of staff at the door asking politely people who weren't wearing marks to do so, also announcements where being made in store. Nearly everyone was doing so.

My daughter with MS has some information via a text with similar information and advise as  how to have an enjoyable Christmas.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Hopefully some good news for you Harry.

Take care.

Graham.

31 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Great news Harry. Just to have something ,in case.

Thanks guys. It's a useful long stop to have at the ready should it be needed.  Really only at risk from the occasional emergency trip to the dentist or some other medical necessity, and that's rare,  but you never know. 

Hope all goes well for you Graham too. 

Harry

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1