P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

Morning all,our son is 43 today so we're treating him and his family to a night at the PI in Newhaven with the meal deal.Gonna meet in Eastbourne today and going to Brighton tomorrow.With the weather being pants today it might be hard with a 2 year old grandaughter but hopefully better tomorrow,cheers,Brian.

Happy birthday to your son Brian.

Graham.

Screenshot_20211024_211944.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

treating him and his family to a night at the PI in Newhaven with the meal deal.

, I couldn't believe what I was reading here.. I thought my idea was a one off...what a coincidence!🙃😂  It was only yesterday this all came up!

I decided I would like a weekend away with my daughter and her Husband.  Then I realised that the grandchildren and their partners would invite themselves.. oops I mean they would like to come.  As it would be a treat on me I had a brainwave that Worthing PI is on the seafront and with the meal deal would be great.

I suggested it to my daughter... she is up for a good laugh which we always have when together.

Hope everyone has a great time Brian.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

Morning all,our son is 43 today so we're treating him and his family to a night at the PI in Newhaven with the meal deal.Gonna meet in Eastbourne today and going to Brighton tomorrow.With the weather being pants today it might be hard with a 2 year old grandaughter but hopefully better tomorrow,cheers,Brian.

Commiserations to your son Brian. Not for being 43 but for being in Newhaven...😂. I used to live just along the road from there. It always made me laugh driving past Newhaven and seeing the signs for "Centre Ville". I could imagine French people just off the ferry following these to its one, somewhat shabby street and saying "Où est le centre ville?"...😂.

I'm sure they will enjoy Eastbourne and Brighton though and wish him a Happy Birthday.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

A thoroughly dark, dingy, damp morning here. The saga of my leak continues. Had someone from a drying team come out yesterday. Looks like underneath my en-suite vinyl may be damp and possibly under the lounge laminate. This is turning into a bit of a nightmare considering it was only a dripping pipe...

If it dries out a bit outside this afternoon, I may pop out for my weekly food shop. If not, I'll stay in and be a couch potato watching footy or rugby...

• Like 2

Morning all, liking the get togethers in Premier  Inns - enjoy all!

Dark with lots of rain here, I really hate January. On the plus side I’ve had two messages this morning arranging lunches with friends which I couldn’t do last January! 

When John gets home this afternoon we’re popping over to my parents, we need to help Dad sort out his new mobile phone!

Have a good weekend all.

Edited by P&O SUE
  • Like 4

58 minutes ago, Britboys said:

A thoroughly dark, dingy, damp morning here. The saga of my leak continues. Had someone from a drying team come out yesterday. Looks like underneath my en-suite vinyl may be damp and possibly under the lounge laminate. This is turning into a bit of a nightmare considering it was only a dripping pipe...

If it dries out a bit outside this afternoon, I may pop out for my weekly food shop. If not, I'll stay in and be a couch potato watching footy or rugby...

Oh no, sounds nasty. Hope it gets sorted soon.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Britboys said:

Oh dear. My neighbours have a similar problem. They have humidifiers on to try and dry it all out. Hope soon (and easily) resolved.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Britboys said:

Plumbing issues are always a right royal pain. Might be worth investing in an electric dehumidifier to draw away some of the damp (if the leak is fixed). Cheaper than new laminate if there is otherwise no serious damage.

Very cold and wet here as well, the snow has given way to an icy drizzle, it’s a dreich day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Angel57 said:

Oh dear. My neighbours have a similar problem. They have humidifiers on to try and dry it all out. Hope soon (and easily) resolved.

Great minds think alike, I have literally posted the same thing. 

As well as buying dehumidifiers you can rent the industrial ones depending on the size of the area affected.

We bought one and it comes in handy from time to time for drying out things in winter that are too big for the tumble drier.

• Like 1

A good morning here despite it being a miserable, wet and grim day in Stoke on Trent.

As posted on another thread, we have managed to get our cruise on IONA moved to a similar one next year but on Britannia and in to a cabin we love too. Very happy bunnies and we feel much happier now that the decision is made. Have to say the customer service from the lovely Scottish lady from PO was faultless, so credit where it is due.

Looks like it is Costa del Llanddulas for May half term, so get the drinks in Pete 🙂 

• Like 6

48 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

A good morning here despite it being a miserable, wet and grim day in Stoke on Trent.

As posted on another thread, we have managed to get our cruise on IONA moved to a similar one next year but on Britannia and in to a cabin we love too. Very happy bunnies and we feel much happier now that the decision is made. Have to say the customer service from the lovely Scottish lady from PO was faultless, so credit where it is due.

Looks like it is Costa del Llanddulas for May half term, so get the drinks in Pete 🙂 

Pleased you managed to reschedule your cruise. It will remove the worry that may have built up in the run up to the May cruise dependent on the progress or regress of Covid. I am not surprised the lady at P&O was soo good because that has always been my experience when dealing with them.

Costa del Llanddulas in May half term sounds great but work wise it will be very busy for me. There should be a ‘‘window’ the first weekend of half term so first round is on me. February half term falls just before my birthday so perhaps we could practice for May then, provided I order warm sunshine in advance. 🙂

If anybody else wants to spent some of their kid’s inheritance on a static caravan in North Wales, you could always come and join us and continue the P&O takeover of the site.

Edited by pete14
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

I don't mind January as I feel that I am past the darkest point of the Winter and the evenings are drawing out, already sunset is 20 mins later then a few weeks ago.

My worst month is November just after the clocks have changed and the evenings are getting darker earlier and earlier into the late afternoon, and the Remembrance  period is important but understandably not the most jolly time.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Pleased you managed to reschedule your cruise. It will remove the worry that may have built up in the run up to the May cruise dependent on the progress or regress of Covid. I am not surprised the lady at P&O was soo good because that has always been my experience when dealing with them.

Costa del Llanddulas in May half term sounds great but work wise it will be very busy for me. There should be a ‘‘window’ the first weekend of half term so first round is on me. February half term falls just before my birthday so perhaps we could practice for May then, provided I order warm sunshine in advance. 🙂

If anybody else wants to spent some of their kid’s inheritance on a static caravan in North Wales, you could always come and join us and continue the P&O takeover of the site.

Pete - not sure if the inheritance pot is big enough, but could you post the site details please. 

3 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Pete - not sure if the inheritance pot is big enough, but could you post the site details please. 

Not sure I am allowed to post details on here but do a Google search for Llanddulas and you should see a site listed that implies that it is very close to the sea (which indeed it is).

• Like 1

Go for it Wowzz - it’s a lovely alternative to cruising, caravan owners are sociable & helpful like cruisers and, if you can bear it, you can avoid busy school holiday periods by letting your ‘van out and thus recoup your site fees for the year.  Also, atm, production is lagging demand, so any depreciation is much less than previous years

Also - it’s really fun kitting out a whole new mini-home!

It’s a really, really filthy day here.  Pretty much constant heavy rain, apart from the first 10 minutes of our 20 minute walk.  Didn’t put the dog’s raincoat on, as it’s quite warm, so she had to be blow dried on our return.  It’s blowing a hooley too 🙄

Thank goodness for TV sport (Ashes excepted, atm, sadly)

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Not sure I am allowed to post details on here but do a Google search for Llanddulas and you should see a site listed that implies that it is very close to the sea (which indeed it is).

Thanks - found it. Looks lovely, but I hate the fact that the web page does not show prices. 

• Like 1

Been out up to Truro and managed to dodge the heaviest rain without getting soaked. Driving back down the A30 the rain was torrential and the wind was head on making it difficult to see. 

Looking in our back garden we no longer have a lawn, we have a pond instead, due to all the rain we have had. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Thanks - found it. Looks lovely, but I hate the fact that the web page does not show prices. 

I agree with you on both points. It is lovely but prices on the website would be helpful. Site is closed until mid February, (legal requirement to prevent year round residence), but I guess office is open.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pete14 said:

If he buys one make sure that you tell him your real name to get a discount --------- 😉

48 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I'd say that you are looking at £38,000 upwards -- the lodges are about £220,000 so we gave those a miss ... didn't like the colour 🙂 🙂 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, pete14 said:

I agree with you on both points. It is lovely but prices on the website would be helpful. Site is closed until mid February, (legal requirement to prevent year round residence), but I guess office is open.

Sadly we were told closed until March 1st for us - only open for hires in February. May be worth you checking with the Office. (Little sob)

45 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Sadly we were told closed until March 1st for us - only open for hires in February. May be worth you checking with the Office. (Little sob)

I would be disappointed if that were so. I will need to check but we were told mid February.