P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

45 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

This was the lovely surprise that I had waiting for me when I got home from the food bank.  The message in the card says that my god-daughter wanted me to enjoy my present before I went on holiday, I will very celebrating on Sky Princess.

20220310_123248.thumb.jpg.e7574f7399b9acced34009d27ae005bf.jpg

What a lovely surprise for you 

Michelle

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

How lovely Josy

She is the best God-daughter that anyone could wish for.   She either rings or call round every week and has always bought me flowers for mothers day.  When she was quite young she was concerned that we didn't have any children to look after us. And asked her mum if she would look after us.

When her baby was christened recently she bought her son's God-mother over to me and told her that she should get some tips on what a good God -mother should do.

• Like 4

josy - lovely flowers; maybe deliberately blue and yellow?

Brian - thanks for the photos and the description of your life in Italy.  I guess extremely hot in the summer months.  Do you and they dine late, like the Spaniards?  My recollection from previous holidays is that in Italy i is more 'normal' hours, like 7 or 7.30. 

We decided to go out for lunch as my daughter gave me a food gift card for my birthday. We went to Pizza express at Xscape in Castleford, it is years since we dined there and it will likely be years before we go back. I had a classic American and all I can say is that it was OK, it was tasty enough but the base was soggy, I prefer a crisp base where the filling doesn't fall off if you eat it by the slice. On the upside it is quite warm (15oC) and we had a nice mooch around J32 outlet which is next door and a coffee and a Bakewell tart at Costa. 

• Like 2

Oh dear.. just when we thought it was a bit safer out there.  We have been so careful for two years..

We went away for the weekend and came back with more than what we went with.  That which should not be mentioned.   OH isn't too bad, just snivelling.  He's being a big brave soldier!!!  I feel a bit weird and  with a throat full of razors.

Oh well, just get on with it I suppose and try to keep cheerful.. we have been dished out worse since we have been together

• Like 18

Take care of yourselves and each other.  Hope it passes swiftly and completely.  Infection numbers are soaring, so you’re not unusual

Nice chair SoA.  Hope we have a lovely summer so you get lots of enjoyment 

We had a very nice lunch with my sis & b-i-l.  Home and chilling now

• Like 7

27 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

Oh dear.. just when we thought it was a bit safer out there.  We have been so careful for two years..

We went away for the weekend and came back with more than what we went with.  That which should not be mentioned.   OH isn't too bad, just snivelling.  He's being a big brave soldier!!!  I feel a bit weird and  with a throat full of razors.

Oh well, just get on with it I suppose and try to keep cheerful.. we have been dished out worse since we have been together

Take care.  I hope that neither of you get seriously ill.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, indiana123 said:

Hope you both feel better soon. Take care
Michelle 

3 hours ago, indiana123 said:

Hope you are both well soon.

Graham.

Screenshot_20211209_095955.jpg

• Like 2

15 hours ago, indiana123 said:

Us too!

My other half tested positive on Sunday and although I've been with him 24/7 I didn't get a positive until this morning.  We have no clue where we got it from.

Your description is perfect   'a throat full razors' 😷

• Like 2

Just now, Waju said:

Us too!

My other half tested positive on Sunday and although I've been with him 24/7 I didn't get a positive until this morning.  We have no clue where we got it from.

Oh no, so sorry to hear that. “Throat full of razors” sounds horrid.

Get well soon.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Waju said:

Us too!

Sorry to hear this, hopefully you will both feel better soon

Michelle

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Waju said:

Us too!

Sorry to hear, hope you don’t suffer too much and are well soon.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Waju said:

Us too!

Oh dear 😕

Get well soon

• Like 2

16 hours ago, indiana123 said:

1 hour ago, Waju said:

Us too!

I hope you're both feeling much better soon. 

As of yesterday, we are the same, Frank is worse than me, very bad throat, headaces and sleeping a lot. I just feel lethargic, headaches and general aches and pains, but both have negative results so far🤞 Long may it continue.

Take care everyone.

Avril

• Like 10

Sorry to hear so many suffering with what may or possibly may not be the C bug., if you are testing negative.  I have not succumbed (so far) but until yesterday had not mixed much.  Even if it is not a serious illness, the throat symptoms sound especially horrid.

Hopefully it only lasts a few days; the friends I know who have had similar say it fairly soon improves.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I hope you're both feeling much better soon. 

As of yesterday, we are the same, Frank is worse than me, very bad throat, headaces and sleeping a lot. I just feel lethargic, headaches and general aches and pains, but both have negative results so far🤞 Long may it continue.

Take care everyone.

Avril

Oh Avril 😕

Keep testing - it may not show for several days, apparently 

Rest, rest & rest.  Keep up the fluids, keep up the paracetamol and be alert for more serious symptoms

Hope you’ll be comfortable to keep reading and chipping in with the forum x

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1