P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

I absolutely agree.

The worst are the ones at the bow of the ship and there was people in those cabins when we walked around the promenade.

Graham.

I note that other ships in the same class that are Aida or Costa do not have the dreaded deck 8 disease, however the Carnival one does. Does this indicate something about how Carnival think of UK cruisers and P&O UK being something of a cash cow among their brands. 🤔

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, davecttr said:

I note that other ships in the same class that are Aida or Costa do not have the dreaded deck 8 disease, however the Carnival one does. Does this indicate something about how Carnival think of UK cruisers and P&O UK being something of a cash cow among their brands. 🤔

It certainly makes you think.

Even deck 9 balcony cabins were not private.

I wonder if these cabins are balcony guarantee cabins?

12 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

It certainly makes you think.

Even deck 9 balcony cabins were not private.

I wonder if these cabins are balcony guarantee cabins?

No they are very expensive cabins which is why you must ask for no upgrade or you can be put into one from your very nice cabin. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Gettingwarmer said:

No they are very expensive cabins which is why you must ask for no upgrade or you can be put into one from your very nice cabin. 

Excellent point thank you.

I always book select to get the cabin I want and tell my TA we don't want upgrades.

Some of the cabins were conservatory suites on deck 9 which I would have been very disappointed to get.

The deck 8 cabins were awful locations.

Graham.

IMG_20210911_165411.jpg

IMG_20210911_165509.jpg

IMG_20210911_165636.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We were on deck 9 on Iona in one of the conservatories and it was great, not overlooked, and quiet.  Nothing like deck 8.  We had a good time as we were desperate or a break but sadly Iona isn't our favourite.  It was only half full and we don't think we would like it full.

It might sound strange but when looking at the sea through the high  glass panels I feel I am not actually looking "at the sea"... I am seeing the see through glass.  Probably sounds daft but it's hard to explain.

Did anyone else find the two main restaurants a bit bright in the evening.. not a night time/romantic feel in either of them.

Edited by indiana123
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Excellent point thank you.

I always book select to get the cabin I want and tell my TA we don't want upgrades.

Some of the cabins were conservatory suites on deck 9 which I would have been very disappointed to get.

The deck 8 cabins were awful locations.

Graham.

IMG_20210911_165411.jpg

IMG_20210911_165509.jpg

IMG_20210911_165636.jpg

Who at P&O thought these balconies were a good idea. 🤷‍♂️

Not going to affect us as no intention of booking a cruise on Iona, or as my wife calls it a sea going block of flats. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, wowzz said:

Just wanted to pop in and thank those of you that remarked on my absence. Thank you for  your concern.

All is well - just a numb posterior from sitting you know where !

I reckon you've got a season ticket for that seat.

• Like 1
  • Haha 13

Well 2 years from the first lockdown.

My husband and I were discussing how strange a time it has been. Who would ever have thought that we we only be allowed out of the house for an hour a day for exercise and locked into a tiny geographical area even for that - by law.

And 2 years on we are still wearing masks indoors as a legal requirement up here and no sign of it going anytime soon. Announced on the BBC that it will continue in schools post the Easter holidays as well.

Lovely bright day today, we have had a good week so the garden is tidy.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, wowzz said:

Placed an order with Lakeland. Congratulations,  you will receive a feee baking tray with your order. 

Thats handy !

Look at it - what can I bake with that?  

20220323_094125.jpg

Two tomato halves?  One chicken thigh?  Your options are ....... limited 😁

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Placed an order with Lakeland. Congratulations,  you will receive a feee baking tray with your order. 

Thats handy !

Look at it - what can I bake with that?  

20220323_094125.jpg

Think outside the box. Use it as a tray for loose change! 

44 minutes ago, mrsgoggins said:

Two tomato halves?  One chicken thigh?  Your options are ....... limited 😁

Indeed - hardly seems worth while turning the oven on !

I assume people must buy them, as Lakeland wouldn't stock them otherwise, but I am really at a loss as to their purpose.

6 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Indeed - hardly seems worth while turning the oven on !

I assume people must buy them, as Lakeland wouldn't stock them otherwise, but I am really at a loss as to their purpose.

We do use trays like this. Different things on the same shelf. More in the oven. Easier to stack in dishwasher. 

1 minute ago, Gettingwarmer said:

We do use trays like this. Different things on the same shelf. More in the oven. Easier to stack in dishwasher. 

But what do you put on the tray ? One roast potato? 

Edited by wowzz

Lovely sunny morning again here other half as  just taken FIL out for a walk to exercise his legs , I’ve spent a busy morning on the phone to travel agent transferring two cruises and waiting for a Baltic one to be totally cancelled which isn’t until next year but because I paid a low deposit on that I don’t want to book anymore cruises I’m booked up until April 2024 so il let that one run it’s course for them to cancel, only got 1 in October but 2 land holidays and 3 cruises for next year and the year after , so slowing down our cruising now for more land holidays where we actually want to go and probably a lot cheaper.

Hope everyone is well and happy today and enjoy the sunshine 🌞 

• Like 7