P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

58 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

Really sorry to hear that Avril. Look after yourselves. The upside is you’ll hopefully have good immunity for the summer.

Gill x

Unfortunately, people are catching it again, surprisingly  soon after recovering from an earlier infections.

I’m not sure ‘natural immunity’ is something to be relied on  

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

What about Britannia?

We were on Iona 5th-19th March so can confirm Iona had 2 irons and boards plus several washing machines in each launderette.

I don't know for Britannia but I would expect their launderette to be open now but hopefully someone currently or recently on Britannia can confirm.

21 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

10°C and cloudy here today.

Just getting ready for a hospital appointment.

I hope everyone is well.

Graham.

I hope all went well with your hospital appointment yesterday Graham.

Avril

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Adawn47 said:

I hope all went well with your hospital appointment yesterday Graham.

Avril

Thank you Avril.

The consultant was pleased with the healing from my BCC op and said everything was good.

She confirmed it was a Basal cell which was 9mm × 3mm and they had took 3mm of good skin around the BCC.

Graham.

• Like 12

2 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Both Frank and myself can now confirm that.

Avril

Wishing you both well sis.It seems these positive tests carry on or appear after the worse symptoms have gone,good luck,bro.

• Like 5

Both Frank and myself can now confirm that.

Avril

Oh no!  And you have taken such great care throughout the pandemic too.  One I read about your daughter it seemed almost inevitable given the ease of transmission of the latest variants, and I’m sure you thought so too. I personally know a 92 year old and an 86 year old who have sailed through Covid with only cold-like symptoms and so I hope it’s the same for you, being much younger 🤞

• Like 10

5 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Avril.

The consultant was pleased with the healing from my BCC op and said everything was good.

She confirmed it was a Basal cell which was 9mm × 3mm and they had took 3mm of good skin around the BCC.

Graham.

Pleased everything went well for you Graham.

Time for a celebratory cruise to perhaps?😁

Avril

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Have you got hiccups kalos, or have you developed a stutter?

I'm afraid we've both tested positive now. Obviously from our daughter🤒

Avril

Sorry to hear this news Avril. Hope you both only have mild symptoms and recover quickly 

Michelle

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, mrsgoggins said:

Oh no!  And you have taken such great care throughout the pandemic too.  One I read about your daughter it seemed almost inevitable given the ease of transmission of the latest variants, and I’m sure you thought so too. I personally know a 92 year old and an 86 year old who have sailed through Covid with only cold-like symptoms and so I hope it’s the same for you, being much younger 🤞

We expected it too, but she needed looking after. She's up and about now after 2 days in bed, but still feeling weak. Our 2nd tests came back positive, and so far we're not too bad, but this feels more like flu than a cold. As I said earlier, covid is like Tom Hanks' 'box of chocolates'

Avril

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Vampiress88 said:

What about Britannia?

There were reports that all Britannia's launderettes were in the quarantine zones and therefore not available, not sure if this still applies.

Edited by terrierjohn

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Avril.

Graham.

Graham

Glad things went well.

Where did your cheery face go, I go away for a bit and now see a lovely church instead. It will take me a while to get used to that.

I find I recognise those I read (and avoid)  by their little pictures. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Vampiress88 said:

Awesome cheers. 

not sure how to keep everything from creasing in the case so might have to iron on board 😂 

Pack with tissue paper between layers of clothes, never had a problem with creases after doing this.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Presto2 said:

Hi, we are both still home, still testing positive though my line on the T is fainter now so hoping it means I will be negative soon. Hubby still clear positive but he is a few days behind me which probably means he caught it off me 😞

We are now debating our cruise in August as we need to pay by the end of April and as things stand we are still edgy. We may move it and then book a break in the UK to somewhere like Cornwall so that we can have our summer break in the caravan and also a new location.  

Decisions, decisions

We are currently on Sky Princess and have decided that we will either move or cancel the 2 cruises that we have booked for July and October because despite occasional reminders to wear masks the number of people sitting around in bars etc without masks is worrying.  There is covid on board, we only know because we are are on deck 10 and have seen people on the deck 9 balconies, we know that 9 is the isolation deck because it is shut off and there are notices not to open the doors.

This is not cruising as we know it.

• Like 12

1 hour ago, terrierjohn said:

There were reports that all Britannia's launderettes were in the quarantine zones and therefore not available, not sure if this still applies.

Our room is on deck 11 just down from a laundrette so I hope not.