P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

2 hours ago, Ilovemygarden said:

Yes - hope he’s ok.  Seems a long time since he posted.   

It is a long time, at least 3 weeks, which is unusual without hearing from him. I can't remember him saying he was going on holiday.

I hope his mum is alright.

Avril

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, Jennizor said:

Winter wonderland here this morning. Just glad we are not going out today, except for Ian has just gone for his paper.

EA38C559-5391-42B0-906A-63506916893B.jpeg

When he gets back you could send him out in the garden to build a snowman. There's enough snow for a whopper. 🤣

Edited by zap99
  • Like 1

No snow here just another icy and frosty day and rain forecast!  Need to get some shopping so off to Tescos in a short while. 

This evening the family are all going out for a meal as it's Mum's birthday later on in the week. So will need to wrap up warm as temps are due to fall again tonight, luckily I'm not driving.

• Like 2

Mild here this morning already just above freezing!! took until 11.30 yesterday. No snow but rain late afternoon yesterday has made it very icy. Forecast shows it getting less cold from a week tomorrow hopefully it is accurate, I don’t mind dry cold but not extreme cold we’ve had -6 and -7 nights here and just above freezing max the past few days.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

Mild here this morning already just above freezing!! 

That's a new description for just above freezing 😉

Joking apart I hope everyone is keeping warm during this cold snap and keeping at least

one room warm. No good getting ill for the sake of a couple of quid, that puts more pressure

on the NHS. It's bad enough for those who genuinely cannot afford to warm a room up.

Just compared my gas and electric to last year ..

November 21 was  £120  and this November is £138 but minus the £67 Gov discount now takes my bill down to £71 .

Keep safe and warm folks :classic_love:

Edited by kalos
  • Like 4

39 minutes ago, purplesea said:

Chilli Snowmand.jpg

The police were called to an allotment near us this morning .

They had reports that a mass grave of snowmen were buried there but it turned out to 

be a gardeners carrot patch 😂

• Haha 14

3 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

M61 earlier

IMG_6810.MOV

The looks awful, at least you are home now.   

We have had no snow yet today and it is milder than yesterday.  I have got to go to pick my husband and my niece's son and his friend up from the football match so I am hoping it keeps fine until 5:50ish so I can get home.  I just got a text saying that Harry Souter should have stayed in Qatar because he has scored against Stoke 😱

I just checked they are winding me up Stoke are winning but Cardiff have scored but it wasn't  Souter 

Edited by Josy1953
  • Like 1

I have just finished wrapping presents and come into the lounge to find DH has got football on the TV.   I don't think I have ever heard so much football talk in one day before, 1 man and 2 teenage boys discussing what the team lineup should be when I took them to the Britannia ground, then they discussed the match that they had just seen on the way home and now the England France match.

I think a large glass of wine is called for now.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, grapau27 said:

-5°C and sunny here with a thin covering of snow and lots of ice on my car and in our close.

I did my first degree in Newcastle upon Tyne, this meant a 2nd year in a house in the West End of Newcastle.  I still recall how cold it was and how I had 6 quilts on my bed.  We had snow until the end of term in March.   

It has been raining hard here so we need to wear coats.  Blowing a few degrees of warmth your way though.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

I have just finished wrapping presents and come into the lounge to find DH has got football on the TV.   I don't think I have ever heard so much football talk in one day before, 1 man and 2 teenage boys discussing what the team lineup should be when I took them to the Britannia ground, then they discussed the match that they had just seen on the way home and now the England France match.

I think a large glass of wine is called for now.

I've just heard the result, so I think DH will need an even larger glass of wine and some TLC😢

Avril

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

The looks awful, at least you are home now.   

We have had no snow yet today and it is milder than yesterday.  I have got to go to pick my husband and my niece's son and his friend up from the football match so I am hoping it keeps fine until 5:50ish so I can get home.  I just got a text saying that Harry Souter should have stayed in Qatar because he has scored against Stoke 😱

I just checked they are winding me up Stoke are winning but Cardiff have scored but it wasn't  Souter 

Bit of a misunderstanding here. Harry Souttar is a central defender who plays for Stoke City and Australia in the World Cup. He did not score for anyone today but had a pretty good game as a defender. The game finished 2-2 which was a fair result based on the way each club played (although Stoke City were denied two obvious penalties by an incompetent referee). By the way, in reference to your later post the Britannia Stadium is now called the Bet 365 stadium since the Britannia Building Society ceased to be.

8 hours ago, pete14 said:

Bit of a misunderstanding here. Harry Souttar is a central defender who plays for Stoke City and Australia in the World Cup. He did not score for anyone today but had a pretty good game as a defender. The game finished 2-2 which was a fair result based on the way each club played (although Stoke City were denied two obvious penalties by an incompetent referee). By the way, in reference to your later post the Britannia Stadium is now called the Bet 365 stadium since the Britannia Building Society ceased to be.

Shows my lack of football knowledge.  I'm only glad that I don't have to listen to them every week.  I didn't even know that the Britannia Building Society no longer existed.  Hopefully it will be a few years until I have to have football discussed in the car again (if ever🤐).

Hope you haven't got to much snow up inte frozen north of Stoke, we "neckenders" have a light covering.

• Like 1