P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

4 hours ago, kalos said:

Hope all goes well tomorrow Graham ,you take care 😊

I notice you like cats so just to cheer you up ...😀

Last night when putting our meal out I ate our cats food !

I know but don't ask meow 😸😸

This morning my Mrs asked me if I'd seen the cat bowl ?

I said " No ,how long as she been able to do that ?"  😸

2 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

I hope all's fine for you tomorrow Graham🙂

Avril

1 hour ago, Angel57 said:

Good luck tomorrow Graham. Hope it all goes well.

Gill x

27 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Best wishes for tomorrow Graham.

7 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Hope everything goes well tomorrow at the hospital Graham.

Thank you Kalos,Avril,Gill,John and Josy for your good wishes for my skin cancer op tomorrow.

Graham.

• Like 5

@grapau27 I’m sure it will all go perfectly. Make sure you have painkillers and some clean dry dressings and micro pore tape at home as it may need a freshen up before the stitches come out (if it is deep enough to require stitches).

Depending  on the position you may also get a bit of a free facelift! My OH certainly did, looked years younger when the skin was drawn upwards.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Britboys said:

Coldest night so far here at -6⁰. Bit of fog around at the moment too, which I hope lifts as I am driving around the M25 later this morning.

Enjoy your Sunday everyone and keep warm.

You’ve become a bit of a southern softy Andrew even after living up here. We are minus 7 and it’s still daylight (the sun is just dropping right now).

The frost has never lifted all day and the roads are treacherous but at least much quieter than the M25. I’d rather drive quiet country roads with fog and ice than face your drive, be careful.

Glad we added (more) insulation to the loft earlier this year. Proving it’s worth now.

Edited by Eglesbrech
  • Like 3

33 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

You’ve become a bit of a southern softy Andrew even after living up here. We are minus 7 and it’s still daylight (the sun is just dropping right now).

The frost has never lifted all day and the roads are treacherous but at least much quieter than the M25. I’d rather drive quiet country roads with fog and ice than face your drive, be careful.

Glad we added (more) insulation to the loft earlier this year. Proving it’s worth now.

Yeah,I bet the blokes still walk around in kilts with nay knickers in minus 7.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, brian1 said:

A Scottish friend told me the following story...

"One formal night when we were was on a cruise a very unwise southern chappie wearing a pair of old looking jeans and an unspeakable tee-shirt made a rather personal and somewhat unacceptable comment about my kilt. (What offended me was that it was my best kilt!)

"When I sweetly explained to him that what he said just wasn't very nice in polite society and could even be considered a tad rude and perhaps even in danger of falling foul of certain laws enacted by Parliament... he apologied very sweetly and promised to never every make such an utterance again. 

"So I thanked him nicely, took my knee off his chest, returned my favourite Sgian Dubh to my right sock and blew him a fond kiss as we parted... 💋 He did flush up a bit."

But... he never spoke to me again!

I don't think that the story was true but it does illustrate the point that life's too short to take it too seriously! 🤣

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

@grapau27 I’m sure it will all go perfectly. Make sure you have painkillers and some clean dry dressings and micro pore tape at home as it may need a freshen up before the stitches come out (if it is deep enough to require stitches).

Depending  on the position you may also get a bit of a free facelift! My OH certainly did, looked years younger when the skin was drawn upwards.

Thank you.

4 hours ago, brian1 said:

Just watched Hamza in Strictly doing the Charleston in a kilt!!  Although I didn't see them, he must have had some knickers on.  It did look a bit strange, with his long dreadlocks.

• Haha 1

Yay hubby out of hospital after 4 weeks. Stem cell transplant went ok. Quite poorly 2nd week after chemo but now a bit better and blood counts are rising in the right direction. Next few months he will have to be extra careful as he has no immunity, all his childhood illnesses and vaccinations have gone. He is like a new born baby. Beginning to look like one too as is loosing his hair.🤐

• Like 17

1 hour ago, lincslady said:

Just watched Hamza in Strictly doing the Charleston in a kilt!!  Although I didn't see them, he must have had some knickers on.  It did look a bit strange, with his long dreadlocks.

I have a friend with Afro-Caribbean heritage...her brother has lived in Edinburgh for over 30 years and he looks stupendous in a kilt... all 6' 2" of him.

And just in case anyone is wondering... he has a broad Midlothian accent, likes a wee dram or two but has desisted the sword dance!

When he makes appointment over the phone and turns up... often people with the stereotypical concept that all Scots are red headed, freckled etc etc... are dumbfounded. 

• Like 7

Mr and Mrs Presto2 and I have spent the evening at a concert given by an amazing 74 year old pianist and keyboard player. No prizes for guessing who it is but he was truly amazing and not at all grumpy. 

5ADF9954-3B21-4186-9331-C915196AA534.thumb.jpeg.7f6cc5ec0c6f740e257ba1fdcdc94ddd.jpeg

Edited by pete14
  • Like 10

Morning it's -3c  this morning with a dense fog/air frost this morning ,so pleased 

to hear the central heating kick in this morning .

@delgirl Great news about your hubby though he has a long way to go yet 

and for yourself with your own battle ,I wish you both the very best -take care :classic_love:

• Like 8

11 hours ago, delgirl said:

Yay hubby out of hospital after 4 weeks. Stem cell transplant went ok. Quite poorly 2nd week after chemo but now a bit better and blood counts are rising in the right direction. Next few months he will have to be extra careful as he has no immunity, all his childhood illnesses and vaccinations have gone. He is like a new born baby. Beginning to look like one too as is loosing his hair.🤐

Great news.

I'm happy for you both.

Graham.

• Like 1

Winter wonderland here with 2-3 inches of snow. I have sufficient food and a Tesco delivery tomorrow so not venturing out, especially with a stonking cold. The worst bit is my left ear is hardly working. As the forecast says it might be next week before warmer weather I will add to the Tesco order today.

• Like 3

Another cold and frosty day.

I'm npt planning on going anywhere today, just a day of chores including defrosting the freezer and I might get some more baking done this afternoon ahead of the Christmas holiday.

Good luck at the hospital today, Graham.

Take care everyone, stay safe and warm.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

First, hope all goes well for you, Graham.

Nice to see Rick again.  I stumbled across Sky Arts yesterday afternoon, and it was a 'live' concert from California by the Eagles - fairly recent.  Fabulous guitar playing, and great to hear the old favourites again; we all loved them,  my generation and the 'children' too.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, lincslady said:

First, hope all goes well for you, Graham.

Nice to see Rick again.  I stumbled across Sky Arts yesterday afternoon, and it was a 'live' concert from California by the Eagles - fairly recent.  Fabulous guitar playing, and great to hear the old favourites again; we all loved them,  my generation and the 'children' too.

Top marks for recognising him. 😊

Phew, that was lucky.. arrived home yesterday an hour or two before the snow struck.

We enjoyed our cruise on Q, Victoria but although its layout is the same or similar the atmosphere is totally different from the Q. Elizabeth.

We think cruises across the board are having staffing difficulties.  Our waiters were run off their feet, and doing other  duties as well and there was definitely a shortage of 'walking' bar staff  taking orders compared to other years.

Embarkation and CPS excellent as usual.

Nice to be home, lounging in front of the tv now.  To my other half's amusement or disbelief I don't rush to empty cases etc😗😊

• Like 7