P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

5 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

Having read through the earlier post on here I have just googled "Wowzz" and being vertically challenged I  am almost tempted to place an order for some of those shoes.   I remember the 70s when I wore platform shoes  and I also remember  my dad's comments to my sisters and  about "Those ridiculous things on your feet"

To be fair, back in the 70s I had a pair of platform shoes. Made me about 6'3" high. Goodness knows how I managed to drive my company Cortina! 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Nice to hear you are well wowzz.

I suspected you were having an extended holiday and your Villa looks nice.

Thanks Graham  - hope your operation went OK. And, from now on, Factor 50 on your face every day, before you go out !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Nice to see you back wowzz, I thought you were away in Lanzarote sunning it about the same time I was away in fuerteventura doing our yearly winter top ups 😎

Hi Purdey - yes, we were both away at roughly the same time.  Got back yesterday evening after three weeks away.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, 9265359 said:

Only three weeks, that’s a pity.

Currently spending three months in Madeira and various islands in the Canaries avoiding the UK winter.

Strangely enough, after three or four weeks we are normally ready to come home. Have "done" winters away from the UK during our time living in Spain, which might explain our reaction.

The other issue of course, is that if you are a Brit,  when you return from your three months away,  anywhere in Europe is off limits to you for the next six months. 

• Like 3

Morning ,it's a crisp ,icy -2.c this morning a bit like yesterday but I managed to nip out

and fill the cars screen wash up with a winter mix so should be ok for the next lot

of bad weather that comes along .

Mrs K has made a nice big pan of Beef stew to keep us going for the next day or so .

The last pan stew  of the year I suppose so best make the most of it .

Only ten days to go and the radio's full of Christmas songs, here's a good one to sing along

to :classic_love:

1197096021_cliffc.jpg.07ad47a7303c9da8b2d752a5916e49a8.jpg

• Haha 13

We have just had a short power cut  only 5 minutes, but my mind went into panic  mode and I started thinking about putting a coat on incase the house started getting cold. We have gas heating but if course the boiler needs electricity to function.  It has made me think how much we take for granted having a warm home.

• Like 8

Hectic day yesterday.BIL (nearly 80) had a burst pipe under the floorboards at the back of his less than a year new kitchen.I had to rip out a base unit repair pipe and replace unit.Brings back nostalgic memories,not.He insisted on going to Tesco with us after,getting off the bus he slipped on the ice rink at the bus stop and banged his head,he is ok but lucky,just a graze.To top it all my mrs found the last Tower 9lt air fryer in the world for 140 quid.That was fun on the bus and walking back with it.Anyway we're in the air fryer club now,just got to learn how to use the bloody thing.

• Like 3

For those of you have been onboard post covid how easy / convenient is the booking process on Iona for shows, dinner etc.

Been reading numerous really bad reviews about having to book for breakfast and lunch as well as dinner, being directly to the buffet as no MDR tables, people getting into zero shows as all booked, no speciality restaurants available etc. 

Reviews usually fall into the shiny / happy/ perfect or the horrible/ poor/ dreadful category with not much in the middle. So whats the balanced answer? Can you get to a show and get dinner in the MDR every night? Thanks

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

For those of you have been onboard post covid how easy / convenient is the booking process on Iona for shows, dinner etc.

Been reading numerous really bad reviews about having to book for breakfast and lunch as well as dinner, being directly to the buffet as no MDR tables, people getting into zero shows as all booked, no speciality restaurants available etc. 

Reviews usually fall into the shiny / happy/ perfect or the horrible/ poor/ dreadful category with not much in the middle. So whats the balanced answer? Can you get to a show and get dinner in the MDR every night? Thanks

No you don't have to book breakfast ,lunch just turned up at the mdr got a table for two no problem ,we booked the whole 14 nights via app 6pm table for 2 had 14 different locations in the Pearl and booked all entertainment for the whole 14 nights and never missed one show or changed our minds and cancelled anything .All went to plan 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, binman2 said:

No you don't have to book breakfast ,lunch just turned up at the mdr got a table for two no problem ,we booked the whole 14 nights via app 6pm table for 2 had 14 different locations in the Pearl and booked all entertainment for the whole 14 nights and never missed one show or changed our minds and cancelled anything .All went to plan 

I did wonder when they said about booking / pagers for lunch etc.

Thanks, that sounds perfectly acceptable.

1 hour ago, Eglesbrech said:

We were on Iona in January and  didn't use the app for bookings. We went to the same MDR each evening and just asked as the desk to book the same table at the same time again for tomorrow. For shows in the theatre I just contacted reception, but there seemed to be plenty of room for those that hadn't booked for shows. For shows that are held in the dome there is no need to book but I would advise getting there early.

• Thanks 1

Brian - I love reading your posts - and everyone's - but the toe in the glass was a step too far!!

It is lovely and sunny here in Lincs., but very very cold.  Though no doubt not as cold as Scotland.  Just hoping that for those of us travelling from about 23rd onwards the roads will be fine and traffic bearable.  I must say a few weeks in the Canaries would be nice at present.

I have a French ancestor, but like Snow Hill, they arrived a very long time ago, being Huguenots fleeing persecution.  Otherwise, just a boring English/Welsh ancestry.  Unlike my granddaughter in law, who has fairly recent family from India, Spain, Hungary and Ireland.  (As you might guess, she is American).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, brian1 said:

Hectic day yesterday.BIL (nearly 80) had a burst pipe under the floorboards at the back of his less than a year new kitchen.I had to rip out a base unit repair pipe and replace unit.Brings back nostalgic memories,not.He insisted on going to Tesco with us after,getting off the bus he slipped on the ice rink at the bus stop and banged his head,he is ok but lucky,just a graze.To top it all my mrs found the last Tower 9lt air fryer in the world for 140 quid.That was fun on the bus and walking back with it.Anyway we're in the air fryer club now,just got to learn how to use the bloody thing.

All bad things come in threes, so that should be the end of it. Main thing is BIL is fine and the leak has been stopped by the local handy plumber😉

Don't worry about the airfryer either bro. It can be operated easily, even if you have a missing finger😄

Sis

• Like 2
  • Haha 1