P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

3 hours ago, Presto2 said:

Where was the meal ? Somewhere local?

Lunar in Wedgwood, Barlaston. We had to collect a couple of paintings we bought when we last there 2 weeks ago and felt it only right to eat lunch there again at the same time.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Harry Peterson said:

I’d appreciate some advice please from anyone who’s had smart meters fitted - particularly if they also have solar panels on a feed in tariff. 

Any problems encountered with the switch, particularly if it created any issues with the boiler - or gave the installer the chance to issue a safety notice on some kind of pretext to sell a new boiler. I gather they have to check the boiler, and British Gas are notorious for inventing ‘reasons’.

Our boiler is nearly 20 years old and serviced yearly by British Gas. Engineers have been excellent and honest and no hint of trying to condemn it, fitting new parts as necessary.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Lunar in Wedgwood, Barlaston. We had to collect a couple of paintings we bought when we last there 2 weeks ago and felt it only right to eat lunch there again at the same time.

I bet that was a really tough decision for you 😉 

3 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

I’d appreciate some advice please from anyone who’s had smart meters fitted - particularly if they also have solar panels on a feed in tariff. 

Any problems encountered with the switch, particularly if it created any issues with the boiler - or gave the installer the chance to issue a safety notice on some kind of pretext to sell a new boiler. I gather they have to check the boiler, and British Gas are notorious for inventing ‘reasons’.

We had only 2 issues following our Smart Meter install completed by OVO in August 2021, the electric meter stop sending readings 2 days after install, but was fixed remotely with me pressing a few buttons at this end with instructions given over phone. 

The other issue was the engineer noticed an issue with our supply, not major, but need Western Power to come a make a repair. As for boiler which was 17 years old, no problems (we have since changed boiler), can’t comment on solar panels as we don’t have them, but would if grants were available. 

• Like 1

New varifocals collected today, already noticed how much sharper objects in the distance are, optician had said one eye had deteriorated since last test 2 years ago. I have gone for straight arms rather than traditional ones as I felt they were more comfortable when wearing my hearing aids.My varifocals sunglasses due next week, no new reading glasses need this time.

We caught up with first 3 episodes of The Apprentice last night, where do they find some of these contestants from, I sure they put some in for comedic effects and to ensure the better contestants aren’t evicted early! 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, bobstheboy said:

Our boiler is nearly 20 years old and serviced yearly by British Gas. Engineers have been excellent and honest and no hint of trying to condemn it, fitting new parts as necessary.

You're lucky our BG engineer condemned our gas fire, and when I asked for a 2nd opinion he turned up to ensure the second engineer didn't overrule him.

Good morning to you all , I hope your all well and happy and it’s nice to see wowzz back from holiday I was getting worried there for a minute, so wowzz I hope you enjoyed your holiday and graham and Pauline your holiday too , I’m way at the moment to the usual place fuerteventura visiting family only this time in a hotel and not at sisters in laws , big family meet up with her kids so I’m staying out of the way , it’s been very cold out here and I came a little unprepared it’s the wind that bites through, had some sunshine and heat yesterday and got slightly burned in the hot tub , off to some caves today for a hike, have a lovely day everyone. Sunrise from our balcony 

CB711C50-DF75-4726-976F-0A51EBBDE2C6.jpeg

BE25164A-666F-4399-9CED-88616F8D21F6.jpeg

• Like 13

Three more episodes of The Apprentice watched last night, now up to date, but if these individuals are the best examples of up and coming business people, then would hate to see the worst. Even Lord Sugar was shocked at the appalling performance of one of the teams in the last episode, surprised he didn’t fire the lot! 

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

You probably remember that we also have solar panels on a feed in tariff. From DH: You are right to be very cautious. Our issue was the very weak mobile phone signal that is essential to communicate data to the provider and for the domestic device in the house. When they came to do the install we insisted that they prove the signal before commencing. Of course they found it wouldn’t work and we sent them away. Despite that they are badgering us every few weeks to secure an installation date.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, mrsgoggins said:

You probably remember that we also have solar panels on a feed in tariff. From DH: You are right to be very cautious. Our issue was the very weak mobile phone signal that is essential to communicate data to the provider and for the domestic device in the house. When they came to do the install we insisted that they prove the signal before commencing. Of course they found it wouldn’t work and we sent them away. Despite that they are badgering us every few weeks to secure an installation date.

Thanks for the information!  That’s a very good suggestion, which I shall take up.  Presumably you’ve got poor mobile coverage on all four networks? We’re OK on a couple and I’d assumed that would be sufficient, but maybe not.

30 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

Three more episodes of The Apprentice watched last night, now up to date, but if these individuals are the best examples of up and coming business people, then would hate to see the worst. Even Lord Sugar was shocked at the appalling performance of one of the teams in the last episode, surprised he didn’t fire the lot! 

Aren't they awful! I've been watching The Apprentice since the first series and the standard of the contestants has dropped steadily over the years. I said exactly the same as you Snow Hill - if these are the best of our future business gurus then God help us. The bar is set so very low, they'll probably end up as government ministers!

Have a good day. Jane xx

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

25 minutes ago, mrsgoggins said:

I understood that SMETS 2 meters use a bespoke network, not the mobile phone network. We have a weak signal for mobile in the house, we use WiFi calling when at home, but our Smart Meter works fine. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, kalos said:

What you need is more high flyers of the years gone by who knew what they were doing ! :classic_unsure:

0_JS50870780.jpg.25f56e2547b4113d3a31cb52c3af54d8.jpg

Ah lovely Grandad. I love watching re-runs of Only Fools that he's still in.  Even thicko Rodney (aka Dave), with his 2 GCSES, could outshine the latest batch of Apprentice wannabes. Have a good day Kalos and thanks for a reminder of serious high flyers! Jane xx

• Like 8

Scammers out in force today (Sunday?). TV licensing want me to set up a new direct debit because they couldn't take the latest payment, hmm well I'm not due until the end of the year and don't use direct debit anyway. I have reported it to       report@phishing.gov.uk

Please be careful everyone.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Snow Hill said:

Do you know what has struck me most about this series?  The HUGE lips on the ladies 😲  In my opinion its a horrible look.

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Waju said:

Do you know what has struck me most about this series?  The HUGE lips on the ladies 😲  In my opinion its a horrible look.

The Muppet Show predicted way back in the late 70's what most women would call fashion in 2023

Never mind the lips look at those eyelashes as well ? 😲

girlslook.jpg.b5e3f8d71d75298ed0b9814bdd981dbd.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 12

3 minutes ago, kalos said:

The Muppet Show predicted way back in the late 70's what most women would call fashion in 2023

Never mind the lips look at those eyelashes as well ? 😲

girlslook.jpg.b5e3f8d71d75298ed0b9814bdd981dbd.jpg

They forgot the 'slug' eyebrows though 😉

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Waju said:

I agree. What amazes me, apart from the awfulness of most of the contestants (I will not call most of then entrepreneurs or business people) is how quickly they can get washed and dressed in business style clothes, and apply their 💄 on their huge lips along with an industrial amount of makeup in the 20 -30 minutes they are given before the cars arrive. Presumably breakfast is not on the menu either.

Edited by pete14
  • Like 4
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, pete14 said:

I agree. What amazes me, apart from the awfulness of most of the contestants (I will not call most of then entrepreneurs or business people) is how quickly they can get washed and dressed in business style clothes, and apply their 💄 on their huge lips along with an industrial amount of makeup in the 20 -30 minutes they are given before the cars arrive. Presumably breakfast is not on the menu either.

And............why do they always wear a scarf to walk to the taxi when they are fired?  When they are out and about the trees are in leaf so it is filmed in the Spring/Summer so surely warm enough not to need a scarf!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Waju said:

And............why do they always wear a scarf to walk to the taxi when they are fired?  When they are out and about the trees are in leaf so it is filmed in the Spring/Summer so surely warm enough not to need a scarf!

All the "exits" are pre-recorded at the start of the filming, hence the clothing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Beckett said:

Ah lovely Grandad. I love watching re-runs of Only Fools that he's still in.  Even thicko Rodney (aka Dave), with his 2 GCSES, could outshine the latest batch of Apprentice wannabes. Have a good day Kalos and thanks for a reminder of serious high flyers! Jane xx

And don't forget exactly a year later they were all "milyanaires".

• Like 2