P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Hi all,fantastic weather here in Weymouth.Walked to the beach along a footpath from our site.There was a massive building along the coast.I said to my mrs,I wonder what that is.An old lady 3mts behind us with hiking sticks said that used to be a Butlins.It turns out she's 101 and walks miles every day.It must be the air round here.I was waiting for her to say,must get home soon my mum might be worried about me.

• Like 8
  • Haha 7

Well, as someone included in the LGBT+ 'Community', I must say that I've never heard of Prism events or Club Soda. Probably just too old or too busy getting on with life.

I have deliberately left out the 'Q' in the abbreviations above. Whilst the political young guns have 'reclaimed' the word Queer, many of us older folk still have painful memories of growing up different and being called "dirty queers'. Think I'm definitely too old for activism these days but grateful to my peers who campaigned long and hard over the years.

Woke is actually a good thing but the uber politically correct have given it a bad name.

• Like 14

3 hours ago, brian1 said:

Hi all,fantastic weather here in Weymouth.Walked to the beach along a footpath from our site.There was a massive building along the coast.I said to my mrs,I wonder what that is.An old lady 3mts behind us with hiking sticks said that used to be a Butlins.It turns out she's 101 and walks miles every day.It must be the air round here.I was waiting for her to say,must get home soon my mum might be worried about me.

I must add she walked down to the waters edge on all the shingle and disappeared towards weymouth,lol.

• Like 2

Just about to leave Stavanger.  Having a great time so far and should not have worried. Have taken loads of aft photos for when we get back for you Sarah. Really no idea what the negative fuss has been about 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Then  last night we headed for Marlow which we know is lovely and that Chris Evans lives there. Anyway we bought some fish and chips and sat next to the river to eat them 

(I was keeping my eye out for Chris Evans walking by! Lol)

No sight of him. But then someone walked past and I recognised his voice. 

Ricky Gervais walked by with his wife!!

Lol

There's a photo of him below from behind. 

IMG-20230528-WA0014.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

Then  last night we headed for Marlow which we know is lovely and that Chris Evans lives there. Anyway we bought some fish and chips and sat next to the river to eat them 

(I was keeping my eye out for Chris Evans walking by! Lol)

No sight of him. But then someone walked past and I recognised his voice. 

Ricky Gervais walked by with his wife!!

Lol

There's a photo of him below from behind. 

IMG-20230528-WA0014.jpg

Not that surprised you spotted him. He works in an office down the road in Slough.😁

• Haha 6

Today we went to Bletchley Park 

I imagine lots of you have visited already?

If not please do not hesitate

Absolutely brilliant. Our tickets allow us to return multiple times each year 

And we will need to as half a day wasn't enough to take it all in

What a story and what heroes they all were in their own way

IMG-20230528-WA0018.jpg

IMG-20230528-WA0020.jpg

IMG-20230528-WA0021.jpg

IMG-20230528-WA0022.jpg

• Like 8

Two days of working in the garden, all borders weeded, winter bedding removed from planters and baskets, new summer bedding installed. A dozen dwarf French Bean plants planted, started planting up borders, but this afternoon I called it a day, my brain still thinks I am 40, but body says, “no mate, you are 70” 🤷‍♂️

Tomorrow I will return to mow lawn and continue planting but at a slower pace. 

• Like 7

30 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

Two days of working in the garden, all borders weeded, winter bedding removed from planters and baskets, new summer bedding installed. A dozen dwarf French Bean plants planted, started planting up borders, but this afternoon I called it a day, my brain still thinks I am 40, but body says, “no mate, you are 70” 🤷‍♂️

Tomorrow I will return to mow lawn and continue planting but at a slower pace. 

My brain thinks I am 17 some days but then something happens that resets it back to 70, usually one of my younger family members suggesting something stupid like going for a bike ride along a route that isn't flat.  I keep saying that we need to get rid of our bikes since we just leave them hanging on the garage wall for 50 weeks of the year.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, brian1 said:

I think you mean the riviera. Pontins had it for a while. We went to Haven at Weymouth Bay when we were let out. All the ships were still there. Here's a pic. If it's upside down, apologies  but......🤣

IMG_20210623_193630.jpg

Edited by zap99
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, zap99 said:

I think you mean the riviera. Pontins had it for a while. We went to Haven at Weymouth Bay when we were let out. All the ships were still there. Here's a pic. If it's upside down, apologies  but......🤣

IMG_20210623_193630.jpg

She said Butlins.I'll excuse her at 101.😊

• Like 1

Morning everyone.

A lovely bright sunny start to the day.

I got home yesterday afternoon after my cruise.

A busy day, first off today I have a MRI appointment at 8.15 in Truro so have to be there by 8 and then it's a trip to Tescos, I also need to work out how I'm going to get to the hospital in Plymouth tomorrow, so it's straight back to reality! 

Hope you all enjoy the Bank Holiday.

Pam 

• Like 8

Morning everyone, hope you are all enjoying the bank holiday weekend. 

It looks a lovely day again here and the days ahead look great too. We have grandchildren arriving tomorrow and staying overnight and the next day too so grandad has been putting up the hot tub(only inflatable one) for them as they love it.

Just gardening, dog walking plus a trip to Tesco today for us.

Have a nice day everyone 

Michelle

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

Today we are going to visit Knaresborough 

Always wanted to go there

We used to take the kids there in the 80's camping , lovely lido in the river and Mother 

Shiptons cave that Paul Daniels used to own.. Have a good day  there .

• Like 2

Another lovely day but a little cool at the moment.

The only thing left to do today is a trip to the farm shop when I can work up the enthusiasm to go out.

DH suggested that we could go to Cheshire Oaks for a bit of shopping. I can't imagine a worse place to go on a bank holiday or during school holidays.  I would rather go midweek when people are at work and children are in school so that was a big NO from me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

Today we are going to visit Knaresborough 

Always wanted to go there

Old Mother Shiptons cave is a tourist attraction on the outskirts of Knaresborough on the main road to Harrogate.

Harrogate is about 4 miles from Knaresborough and much better imo.

Morning from Nordfjord something or other. We we aren't there yet as we were delayed due to a medical emergency and boppy seas. Pouring down and low cloud ... anyone know if they'll make us go up the sky lift? Have brought 2 large cases but not thought about a hat and gloves. There's snow up in those mountains !!!!

Ps NO comments about the weather at home accepted!! 😉

• Like 12