P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, Grumpycruiser60plus said:

Good Afternoon All. Just to share,we are in Jersey ( for the 1st time) for a few days. Hotel is great, room very comfortable, lots of toiletries, fresh milk in fridge+ a turn down service nightly.Dinner in hotel booked for later.. no ques or app to worry about. Pics of view from our room to castle opposite. 

20230626_144358.heic 625.88 kB · 15 downloads 20230626_144226.heic 1.2 MB · 4 downloads 20230626_142311.heic 1.96 MB · 6 downloads

We are in Jersey too!!

Michelle

• Like 4

5 hours ago, kalos said:

We had a nice night away last night and not a parrot in sight .

I think that's because the squirrels had ate them all 🙃

20230625_130126.thumb.jpg.9855105ec841839f7fbafb7b62096822.jpg20230625_140302.thumb.jpg.2fcca6ce899e5ec193eeac311511a3dd.jpg20230625_143058.thumb.jpg.bb1ed586c43a2d4792c9112edde9cd0e.jpg20230626_071316.thumb.jpg.3eee84b6cfc34c3f66b2ef40d8fa8bf5.jpg

We also had a carvery at a nearby pub but  never bothered taking pictures.

It is great to see you both having time away in hotels Kalos.

• Like 6

Good morning any fellow insomniacs.  Here we go again!!!

I thought I was going nuts.... a couple of nights when I have been up I have heard this slight grating noise, like a trolley being dragged outside.  I kept running to the window determined to solve the mystery.   I have done that... it was the  new battery operated air freshener on the wall pushing out it's scent   DUH🙃🤣

• Haha 15

Good morning.  I heard a strange  noise a couple of weeks ago - in the sitting room I could hear a faint 'beep' every now and again.  It seemed to be like a  bird cheeping or something electrical.  (I am rather deaf, and have a hearing aid),  Tried with and without aid, not that.  Nothing electrical switched on.  Finally decided (having tinnitus a bit as well) that it was an advanced form of that - but only in that room.  Being under a fair amount of stress at present, I decided that I really had gone crackers.

Week later, daughter visited, and said 'what is the noise  -  oh, has the battery run out on your smoke alarm?'    What a complete numpty!

• Haha 15

3 hours ago, indiana123 said:

Good morning any fellow insomniacs.  Here we go again!!!

I thought I was going nuts.... a couple of nights when I have been up I have heard this slight grating noise, like a trolley being dragged outside.  I kept running to the window determined to solve the mystery.   I have done that... it was the  new battery operated air freshener on the wall pushing out it's scent   DUH🙃🤣

You should have been a detective as you seem to have a nose for sniffing out these things 🙃

• Haha 5

Morning everyone,

A rather dull and dreary day as we had rain overnight. We certainly need it.

We have a flat roof outside our bedroom window and one of the baby seagulls is now on it, so not sure if we'll be allowed in the garden, or if we will be dive bombed by the parents while it's there.

• Like 4

On 6/25/2023 at 8:43 AM, Beckett said:

We've booked a cruise! We're going en famille- not till 2025, on Ventura, to celebrate our big birthdays. Having cancelled two lone cruises recently and thinking I didn't want to cruise any more, I realised I just didn't want to cruise alone any more. We're doing as we've done previously in that daughter and SIL will have an inside cabin and I will share with my granddaughters in a bigger balcony room. The bonus of this booking is that the 3rd passenger in my room (aged 16) travels for £49!!! Amazing.

Have you booked Ventura cruise N520 in August 2025 by any chance?

Just now, Beckett said:

Hi Damian. No, we're on N522. Are you guys on N520?  Jane x

We are, I'll make sure any niggles are resolved and that the ship is in tip top shape ready for you before we disembark! I can't be responsible for what anyone does to the ship on the cruise in between though!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DamianG said:

We are, I'll make sure any niggles are resolved and that the ship is in tip top shape ready for you before we disembark! I can't be responsible for what anyone does to the ship on the cruise in between though!

What a shame we won't meet up Damian - I would have liked that.  I'll hold you to your promise re the niggles though - with the caveat of the in-betweeners! Jane x

• Like 1

On 6/25/2023 at 8:43 AM, Beckett said:

Good Morning All

@purplesea Lovely photos Pam. I expect you'll be feeling a tad tired today but what a lovely unexpected day out for you. Have a good Sunday.

@yorkshirephil Hello Phil and welcome home. Thanks for the photos of your wonderful cruise. It looked totally awesome. Great pictures of you and Mrs YP too. It must be hard to be home after such an experience- hope you've got another one planned!

It's already scorching down here. I took His Lordship out for a walk at 6am this morning and it was really cool and pleasant but now, at 8.30am, the humidity is rising and it's already sticky and heavy. Yuck!  

Had all my medical stuff done this week. I had an appointment for a scan at 9.25am yesterday and I was the only one there. Straight in, straight out - brilliant. I love weekend appointments and am so glad they're being done as the norm now. 

We've booked a cruise! We're going en famille- not till 2025, on Ventura, to celebrate our big birthdays. Having cancelled two lone cruises recently and thinking I didn't want to cruise any more, I realised I just didn't want to cruise alone any more. We're doing as we've done previously in that daughter and SIL will have an inside cabin and I will share with my granddaughters in a bigger balcony room. The bonus of this booking is that the 3rd passenger in my room (aged 16) travels for £49!!! Amazing.

I hope you all have a good Sunday. Stay cool, stay well. Best wishes. Jane xxx

That sounds amazing, Jane, and something really to look forward to!!! A cruise with the family will be incredible, and sharing with your granddaughters the icing on the cake. They’ll be so excited too.

That should keep a smile on your face over the next couple of years or so - the anticipation of holidays is almost as good as the holidays themselves. 

Looks a really nice cruise too, with plenty of sun and nice places to visit.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Harry Peterson said:

That sounds amazing, Jane, and something really to look forward to!!! A cruise with the family will be incredible, and sharing with your granddaughters the icing on the cake. They’ll be so excited too.

That should keep a smile on your face over the next couple of years or so - the anticipation of holidays is almost as good as the holidays themselves. 

Looks a really nice cruise too, with plenty of sun and nice places to visit.

Thanks so much Harry. You are absolutely right that the anticipation of a holiday is so exciting and almost as good as the event itself. When we were discussing and choosing I said to the girls that it would probably be the last one we'd all do together - bearing in mind their ages - but they protested quite loudly that they'd always want to cruise with their nan! I was very touched. Jane xx

• Like 17

1 hour ago, P&O SUE said:

Looks lovely, where are you?

A place called Blackwood Forest in Hampshire. There’s decking at the back of the cabin overlooking the forest and we had a barbecue this evening, then went in the hot tub. It’s just so relaxing 

• Like 5

I thought that the weather was supposed to be freshening up. Yesterday it was but it’s already 19c today although cloudy at 6.45 and according to our local weather station it hasn’t gone below 18c all night. I know that we are going to get lower temperatures but the overnight conditions surprised me.

• Like 5

I have a 2hr window when the sun goes over to the back of house,3 to 5 (5 is beer o,clock).I started grinding bricks yesterday at 3.30.A woman just arrived from Rome in the house just at the edge of our complex started screaming that this is Italy and not to start till 5.Bearing in mind there was a bunch of Italian builders at the other side making more noise than me.I thought yeah lady back in the day us builder types were in Wetherspoons by 5.Her and her old man were screaming SILENCE etc,lol.After a quick lesson in Anglo Saxon they went back in.Any Corrie fans out there,this was Brian's cousin from Rome sister.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, brian1 said:

34c here,mad dogs and Englishmen.Our communal front path has subsided.I decided to dig it out lay reinforced concrete and rebed bricks in fresh sand.20230623_0653061565.thumb.jpg.c269a9bfcff6b15f956e885e0d2bc2ed.jpg20230623_0655431562.thumb.jpg.3cfe497a51d6a1487f9f3f953bf4053e.jpg20230623_1028061563.thumb.jpg.5e419cc17c06304c95163d41c802d203.jpgIMG_20230627_2026171451569.thumb.jpg.1fc82121f3208aa44f24002812e85e7d.jpg

Nice job Brian - looks really good. Jane x

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Dermotsgirl said:

A place called Blackwood Forest in Hampshire. There’s decking at the back of the cabin overlooking the forest and we had a barbecue this evening, then went in the hot tub. It’s just so relaxing 

Sounds perfect, enjoy!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, brian1 said:

I have a 2hr window when the sun goes over to the back of house,3 to 5 (5 is beer o,clock).I started grinding bricks yesterday at 3.30.A woman just arrived from Rome in the house just at the edge of our complex started screaming that this is Italy and not to start till 5.Bearing in mind there was a bunch of Italian builders at the other side making more noise than me.I thought yeah lady back in the day us builder types were in Wetherspoons by 5.Her and her old man were screaming SILENCE etc,lol.After a quick lesson in Anglo Saxon they went back in.Any Corrie fans out there,this was Brian's cousin from Rome sister.

Last sentence - really?

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Nice job Brian - looks really good. Jane x

Thanks Jane,the 1st day digging out bricks working from 7 till 12 with the sun up I lost 6 lb.After that I was more sensible.Brian.

• Like 6