P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Morning the temperature was 26.c this morning but has fallen to 23.c as the thunderstorms

have now paid us a visit . A noisy one too ,which I suppose will be upsetting some folk and their pets . The rain is heavy ,so glad we cut the grass yesterday.

Have a good day everyone .

• Like 5

Anyone following the test match will know what kind of weather we have here today. Luckily I am a big fan of @zap99's lawn care tips so I also cut the grass last night.

Happy weekend all.

Smug from Leeds.

Edited by DamianG
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

Morning everyone, it’s cloudy here today but warm. Thunderstorms forecast for later so we have been gardening this morning.

Its’s my mums 89th birthday on Monday so tomorrow all the family are coming over for afternoon tea. Sandwiches from M & S ordered!! Just prosecco to buy today, everything else bought & ready. 

Hope you all have a great weekend whatever you are doing

Michelle

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Its’s my mums 89th birthday on Monday so tomorrow all the family are coming over for afternoon tea. Sandwiches from M & S ordered!! Just prosecco to buy today, everything else bought & ready. 

Hope your Mum enjoys her birthday treat and having family around her .

How times have changed over the years ,buying in sarnies from M&S🙂

I remember our parties from years gone by . Me Mam would get a couple of Mothers pride 

thin sliced and buy wonderous things like potted meat and a cheese spread ,a jar of pickled

onions and a big jug of Kia Ora dilute pop .  A pot of tea and a bit of instant coffee and that 

was about it .🙃

I'm sure your function will be a lot better , have a good day 🙃

• Like 7

I also found a purse of mine yesterday, in a handbag I don't use much with some money in it.🙂 Today the postman has just been and delivered three brown envelopes. Only one is mine to tell me the tax man owes me money!☺️ Now, should I play the lottery?🤔

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

22 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Would that be the royal we then kalos?😉

Avril

Have you ever tried pushing a mower with a mug of tea in one hand and a plate of toast 

in other ? 🤣

I was more than willing to supervise ,should the need arise .🙃

One has to be sensible in those situations 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, kalos said:

Hope your Mum enjoys her birthday treat and having family around her .

How times have changed over the years ,buying in sarnies from M&S🙂

I remember our parties from years gone by . Me Mam would get a couple of Mothers pride 

thin sliced and buy wonderous things like potted meat and a cheese spread ,a jar of pickled

onions and a big jug of Kia Ora dilute pop .  A pot of tea and a bit of instant coffee and that 

was about it .🙃

I'm sure your function will be a lot better , have a good day 🙃

Thanks Kalos, looking forward to the family coming over tomorrow. 

There is going to be twelve people tomorrow so a couple of sandwich platters from M & S seemed the easiest option plus they are nice!!

Fingers crossed the weather will kind to us 

Michelle 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Peanut006 said:

couple of sandwich platters from M & S seemed the easiest option plus they are nice!!

Since I moved from that area the girls from my 'Tangent' Club come down to visit in the evenings.

Last time they  offered to all bring a plate but I had already organised sandwich platters, cheese board,

salad, and desserts etc from the local Morrisons.  OH picked them up and hey presto instant buffet which everyone enjoyed. Morrisons sandwich platters are lovely as are the ones from M and S.

Even if I was 100% mobile now I think I would do the same.  No hassle🤣

• Like 4

I used to cook all day when the family or friends were coming then one day that all changed.  They told me not to do anything.

When they arrived they  brought the other table in from the other room,  all sat down then decided what everyone wanted from the takeaway.     Then the boys took off to get it.   It was chaos, some wanted Indian, some Chinese and some fish and chips.  I was a bit mortified and felt guilty at first but decided I couldn't do anything about it. After the meal out come the stupid silly games and we laughed ourselves silly.  Later on the instructions of their mum the grandchildren  cleared away and replaced the table.  It was magic!!

We all enjoyed it so much we now do it every 4 - 6 weeks or so.   Mad chaos but great fun🤣

• Like 9

Afternoon all, very muggy here. It was sunny first thing but is now cloudy and very warm. Lots of birthdays around - my Dad was 86 yesterday. We’re having a get together tomorrow, my sister and hubby are coming up from Worthing and our son and family. We’re going to a local pub but I’m half expecting them to come here afterwards so I’ve just been having a good old tidy up. It’s our son’s partner’s birthday today so celebrations all round!

• Like 12

4 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

We have been threatened with storms all day and it is here, very spectacular lightening show. 

We were promised a clear, warm, day evening.

We cooked a Greek meal to eat in the garden... thank goodness we had a brolly!

Win some...lose some!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Afternoon all, very muggy here. It was sunny first thing but is now cloudy and very warm. Lots of birthdays around - my Dad was 86 yesterday. We’re having a get together tomorrow, my sister and hubby are coming up from Worthing and our son and family. We’re going to a local pub but I’m half expecting them to come here afterwards so I’ve just been having a good old tidy up. It’s our son’s partner’s birthday today so celebrations all round!

Happy belated 86th birthday for your dad Sue.

86th-birthday-49.gif

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

Morning everyone, it’s cloudy here today but warm. Thunderstorms forecast for later so we have been gardening this morning.

Hope you all have a great weekend whatever you are doing

Michelle

Happy 89th birthday to your dear mam on Monday Michelle.

I hope you all have a wonderful party tomorrow.

89th-birthday-11.gif

• Like 4

11 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

We have been threatened with storms all day and it is here, very spectacular lightening show. 

I love thunderstorms, the louder and 'flashier' the better⛈️🌩️

Until this morning that is🤬

The garden is in a pitiful state. My beautiful roses are now full of soggy dripping flowers, and my dad's standard rose is broken. I've no idea if it can be rescued. The hollyhocks are battered into the ground as are the sugar snap peas and outdoor tomatoes. The rain must have been really heavy. Well that's my jobs for  today sorted. Garden rescue.

Have a lovely Sunday everyone. Try to grab a little sunshine where you can🌥️

Avril

Edited by Adawn47
oops
  • Like 14

7 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

The garden is in a pitiful state. My beautiful roses are now full of soggy dripping flowers, and my dad's standard rose is broken. I've no idea if it can be rescued. The hollyhocks are battered into the ground as are the sugar snap peas and outdoor tomatoes. The rain must have been really heavy. Well that's my jobs for  today sorted. Garden rescue.

Avril

That’s horrible, Avril - sorry to hear that, and particularly your dad’s rose. I hope you manage to save it, and as many of the other plants as you can.

• Like 9

22 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

The rain here was heavy but not damaging. We used to dread heavy rain when the peonies were in full bloom. Rescuing your rose will likely depend on whether it is grafted or broken below the graft, good luck with it. We had a rose named after my father in law when he passed and I know how upset Mrs YP would be if we lost it.

• Like 5