P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

10 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

The fish was white and all of the skin was removed and the batter was so nice I ate it all.

If we like something the cost is irrelevant.

Sadly on here I am now reluctant to post food photos anymore.

Please don’t be Graham - many of us enjoy hearing about your outings and lovely photos!   

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

My American and Canadian friends on HAL and Royal Caribbean forums love and appreciate food photos especially fish and chips and steaks.

We eat regularly in nice restaurants in this country and abroad but are not snobs.

It is the castle ambience at Lumley or Langley castle which makes them special and the food was delicious too.

Langley Castle did the best Sunday lunch I have ever had

Michelle

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Langley Castle did the best Sunday lunch I have ever had

Michelle

I agree Michelle.

We stayed overnight once in the castle and after a fantastic dinner  it was amazing sitting next to the big open fire after dinner drinking Prosecco and chatting.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

The fish was white and all of the skin was removed and the batter was so nice I ate it all.

Please continue to post your food photos.  I also think that cost is irrelevant  if the food is enjoyable.  I am just grateful to be be able to eat out when and where I want to.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

My none driving friend gave me a bottle of Pinot Grigio last night because I take her to  all of our away matches.  I usually avoid Pinot Grigio ( bad experience many years ago ) but DH suggested that we should give it a try and I think that I  could be tempted away from Sauvignon Blank and Chardonnay when Pinot Gris is not on the menu.

• Like 5

As Josey said ,lets just be grateful we can eat out and enjoy ourselves .

Some places are cheap and cheerful and sometimes cost more .

I do recall a hotel they did an English breakfast that came with "pond weed" !

I don't know the real name but no matter what I ordered be it steak ,fish  anytime

of the day it came with the weed with said meal.

When I tried their fish and chips with crushed peas .. You guessed it came with 

the pond weed 😏

I told the waitress that there was no need as the fish was dead and I don't eat the

stuff either 😉

Anyway hope my pie did not up set anyone as I would have been happy eating it 

in a castle or anywhere else . We are posting what we are up to on this web page

"What are things like where YOU are?"  So really if you post , where you are and 

what you were doing ...  Be happy guys !!!!   🙂🙂😋

• Like 15

57 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Just for clarification, I wasn't commenting on the photos... or being critical in any way.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Condolences to the family and friends of the person whose funeral you went to.

Thank you Graham. It was the husband of a colleague I worked closely with. A lovely, close-knit family. It was a beautiful service. The family had written lovely tributes which the Celebrant read out.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Please carry on, I always enjoy seeing what people are doing (and eating) 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

For those interested- Flu jabs are now available to book on the Boots web site. My husband and I have booked ours for October. Unfortunately, I’ve had to pay, as 50-64 years old aren’t free this year 

Presumably to save money on the NHS budget? I'm pretty sure I got a free one before the Pandemic and was under 60 then...

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Britboys said:

Presumably to save money on the NHS budget? I'm pretty sure I got a free one before the Pandemic and was under 60 then...

I have been having free flu jabs for over 50 years as I have asthma. We booked ours for September this year through Well pharmacy.

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

My none driving friend gave me a bottle of Pinot Grigio last night because I take her to  all of our away matches.  I usually avoid Pinot Grigio ( bad experience many years ago ) but DH suggested that we should give it a try and I think that I  could be tempted away from Sauvignon Blank and Chardonnay when Pinot Gris is not on the menu.

I find Pinot Grigio and even some Sauvignon blanc a bit acidic.

When I can I will get a Marlborough New Zealand Sauvignon blanc although we have a bottle of Holy Snail Sauvignon blanc in Epicurean and Sindhu restaurants every night.

IMG_1393.jpeg.724afa9ffd58e90c01f39e9d954301c8.jpeg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 10

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Graham, we love your food pictures. We had lunch in Weatherspoons. I had a burger, but didn't take a picture. It was in a bun with chips and onion rings if that helps. We had dinner the other night in a Marco Pierre White restaurant. Weatherspoons was better and a whole lot cheaper. 🤣

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Britboys said:

I thoroughly enjoy a plate of fish & chips but personally can't imagine going to a posh restaurant and paying £40 for it. I'd rather have posh nosh in a posh restaurant 😀

I go one further Andrew, we prefer posh nosh at home.Not keen on posh restaurants,rather eat in nice pub restaurants.My mrs knocks up some nice homemade dishes with "posh" ingredients like scallops etc which are as cheap as chips when on the reduced shelf,lol.I think our fish and chips came to around a fiver,Brian.

Edited by brian1
  • Like 9

10 hours ago, Britboys said:

That takes me back to the days of the Pandemic when most people were not at work but we were allowed to food shop in supermarkets. I'm fairly focused doing my food shop with a list. It was very obvious who the men were that normally left the shopping to their female partners. Pick up this pack of fruit, put it down, look at another, stand awhile looking lost, pick up another pack, repeat...😂. Very frustrating for us fellas who were used to doing the shop!

Let's hope their wives didn't send them out for 4 candles.

• Haha 10

Enough food banter.Just heard that a turtle has laid a batch of eggs on our beach back in Italy.It happened a few years ago and the authorities put a fence around it with notices.That was during a quieter period but all the noisy lot from up North will be arriving soon.Hopefully they will hatch undisturbed.PS I meant Milan not Yorkshire.

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

10 minutes ago, Fionboard said:

Glad my next cruise is to the Baltic and not the Med! Have been on one to Greece where temperatures were in the 40s and it was unbearable. 

I think everywhere is unpredictable now.We did a Baltic cruise in a heatwave a few years back but that was only in the30c range.Our village in Italy is on the same latitude as Athens and I've just read they're closing the Acropolis down at peak times.Been there as well and it does get hot on top of that hill.When we go back to Italy in August I think it will still be as hot.It was the same last year.Brian.

• Like 5