P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

5 minutes ago, lincslady said:

Well done,  Eglesbrech - it even looked as if you didn't realise you were on 50,000 - and quite possibly you didn't.  Two firsts - I hope this doesn't mean being shut down, but I don't think it will.

I didn’t!

Nor am I particularly bothered one way or another.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Strictly is back, a seat in front of the tv with a glass of wine is my Saturaday evening routine for the next couple of months

It’s not something I have ever particularly watched.

My mum used to be an avid Strictly watcher, if you phoned her when it was on she literally dropped the phone with the words it’s on! She “made” us watch it for the Christmas special.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

I watched here on a dodgy website.Still a chance for Lewis,not a fan of Russel I'm afraid.

Why not a fan of Russell, Brian?  Strikes me as a clean cut young man, and an excellent driver.  But then I am not a great Lewis fan, or Max, although they are both extremely talented.  My faves are the Ferrari drivers, but that is probably because they are attractive!  I used to love Damon and Jenson, in their day.  Being a bit of a girly here.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Well I’m home from my Mediterranean cruise and a lovely cruise it was , as you know visited some lovely places by the amount of photos I posted 😂 . Got fed up of eating and drinking in the end so tonight’s dinner was sliced  tomatoes on toast and a bottle of water , and this is the first time I have ever come back from a holiday and not unpacked and done several washes but instead I went shopping in Tesco for a full week shop and by the time I done that which was 1 o’clock I put my pjs on and rested for the rest of the day , we were both just exhausted. It was a good cruise we had the usual comedians, magician magic bones and Tom Ball from Britain’s got talent, the trawler men again , a lady welsh singer who was good but I can’t remember her name , and our cruise director Dan who is very good and funny sang opera with her one night which he is a brilliant singer.

We had 3 formal nights which the first one was the champagne waterfall with the captain, the one in the middle was nothing special, the the last one meeting the captain and officers and for the very first time we won a bottle of fizz which was very nice and we had it sent up to the dining room to have with dinner.

Everyone of the staff was fantastic always happy and wanting to help the more elderly get chairs , we had a good dinner table each evening at 8 o’clock in the same section we asked for and it was a table next to the window reserved for us brilliant for watching the sunset and dolphins swimming by . We had a inside cabin at the front of the ship on deck 8 which was very convenient to just walk up one flight of stairs at night after the theatre show , it was a quiet room and we did not hear our neighbours and I believe there were children just down the hall we met once , our cabin steward was good and we had the room serviced twice a day .

Our only bug bear was the theatre seating with certain seats blocked off for premier paying guests which they blocked off quite a lot and they hardly got used but they did release these 5 minutes before the show started and most of all which I think is a health and safety matter is peoples standing at the back up the top blocking the view of the people that are seated behind them and sitting on the stairs of the exit so if you wanted to leave the show you had all these people sitting on the stairs, some officers did come in one night and asked them to move but as soon as they go they come back and just ignored the grunted people from behind who couldn’t see 🤬 .

so all in all I hope I didn’t upset anybody with my photos I hope some of the pictures gave you a little insight of the places if you haven’t been to them before and some of the dining opportunities you can have on board some $$ and some $$$ with wine pairing which we did .

• Like 14
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, lincslady said:

Why not a fan of Russell, Brian?  Strikes me as a clean cut young man, and an excellent driver.  But then I am not a great Lewis fan, or Max, although they are both extremely talented.  My faves are the Ferrari drivers, but that is probably because they are attractive!  I used to love Damon and Jenson, in their day.  Being a bit of a girly here.

Certainly Ferrari seem to have the two F1 drivers with film star looks. But Russell and Norris do seem like nice guys, while Hamilton and Verstappen can be very moidy when things are not going their way.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Certainly Ferrari seem to have the two F1 drivers with film star looks. But Russell and Norris do seem like nice guys, while Hamilton and Verstappen can be very moidy when things are not going their way.

Could be an interesting race, I am backing Russell as Ferrari seem to have a habit of struggling with tactics and pit stops this season. I would not write Verstappen off but his frustration with having to battle through the mob may take its toll. I am looking forward to tomorrow.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

Could be an interesting race, I am backing Russell as Ferrari seem to have a habit of struggling with tactics and pit stops this season. I would not write Verstappen off but his frustration with having to battle through the mob may take its toll. I am looking forward to tomorrow.

If Max can work his way through to win without any unfair tactics I would certainly be impressed. 

11 hours ago, lincslady said:

I liked him at first,but a few "back stabby"comments on the team radio and some of his actions on the track put me off.Perhaps it's me,I liked the Stones when everyone else liked the Beatles,lol.