P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

PXL_20230919_110623652.thumb.jpg.904b0bb6f8fe18c76537d45550f09e30.jpg

I was really sorry to read this as I remember what great caution you took when things started to open up again. 

Looking forward to your post telling us you are on the mend.

DH has had the 'dreaded' but not me surprisingly. We both have appointments for the seasonal booster on Friday. 

I'm currently in a very wet Oban - not sure I could have chosen a wetter 4 days if I'd tried - and I am staying away from others!

Meanwhile, even in the rain, it's a very lovely area and so I'll attempt a photo taken yesterday 🤞

Oops! My photo insert has replaced Kalos's post I quoted 😔

Edited by mrsgoggins
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

Kalos, I'm really sorry to hear that. I sincerely hope you kick it into touch quickly (laughter being the very best medicine!) and aren't too uncomfortable while you do that.  I guess you're on the list of those able to access the antivirals, and if that's the case I hope the procedures work well in your area. Please do prompt them in the event of a delay which might jeopardise the 5 day window. Sometimes, I understand, that's necessary.

Harry

Harry! It's so good to hear from you. I've missed you. I hope you and Mrs P are both well. Very best wishes. Jane xx

• Like 8

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

It is good to see you posting Harry.

I got the all clear from my skin cancer consultant this morning at hospital.

It is raining heavily here at the moment.

That's great news Graham - so pleased for you. 

This is a good day on the forum: You've got the all clear and Harry has posted again. Now we need our dear Kalos to to be well again.

It's raining very heavily down here and blowing a gale. Best wishes. Jane xx

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, lincslady said:

It is just that suddenly so many of them are by the same person, not heard from for some time.

Best batten down the hatches for a few months!  It certainly won't be quiet or without controversy over on some threads I feel.

• Haha 5

5 hours ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

16c and windy here but rain has stopped.

Spent yesterday afternoon in a car dealer waiting area for 3.5 hours whilst our car was being serviced and MOTd, weather in the end wasn’t so bad so I could have walked to Festival Park but took my iPad and it whiled away the time but left more than £600 lighter😩

My team Southampton lost for the 3rd time in a row last night so I’m really frustrated, we have one of the best squad of players in the Championship but a clueless manager!!

Grumpy Zap. I just got an email from Mercedes. " your car has told us it is due for a service soon !!. Grassed up by your own car !!!. Blooming Liberty.🤬

Edited by zap99
  • Like 2
  • Haha 11

4 hours ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

Yeh inexplicably we took on your ex manager Nathan Jones who set us on the path to relegation last season. Why can’t we just employ a manager who gets the best out of the players that they have rather then deploying their system and ideology😒

Best not to mention mad Nath in polite company. I couldn’t believe it when Southampton handed over the club for him to ruin.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I just got the results from my annual  mammogram this morning and I am still all clear.  Only another 3 years before I finally get discharged and go back to every 3 years. 

I am happy to keep getting results like this. 😇

That is such good new for you Josy, I hope I get the same results as you in December 

Michelle

• Like 3

On 9/19/2023 at 4:17 PM, bobstheboy said:

An eventful journey on Sunday from Bournemouth to Southampton, floods breakdowns and torrential rain. Got soaked walking from car park to Arvis but onboard within 30 mins, a record for us. A day at sea yesterday, cool but BofB was calm. In Coruna now, drinks on balcony and hot sun. Two sea days before Palma. Love the ship and everything is good, so far. Hope weather improves back home, our forecast is looking very good.

Glad you are enjoying it. We are also on board and loving every minute. Pinched our daughters internet just for a quick catch up before the first formal night. Have a good one!!¡

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Who?

Our Interested Cruise Fan - they  rarely post, then a sudden large amount of posts on various P and O topics, for some days, and then off again.  I am just being nosy, wondering why this pattern, maybe they will say.  No doubt there is a good reason, however, it is not really any of my business!

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, lincslady said:

Our Interested Cruise Fan - they  rarely post, then a sudden large amount of posts on various P and O topics, for some days, and then off again.  I am just being nosy, wondering why this pattern, maybe they will say.  No doubt there is a good reason, however, it is not really any of my business!

Thank you.

I tend to stick with our daily plus Royal Caribbean daily and HAL fleet reports for most of my posts so never noticed.

53 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you.

I tend to stick with our daily plus Royal Caribbean daily and HAL fleet reports for most of my posts so never noticed.

I don't post much on RC. We will go for our 12 points this year to reach platinum, but only need 4 on NCL. Then I  can join in a bit more on the dark side.🤣

Edited by zap99
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Rupert2251 said:

Glad you are enjoying it. We are also on board and loving every minute. Pinched our daughters internet just for a quick catch up before the first formal night. Have a good one!!¡

Glad you enjoying Arvia. We have that joy to come in April. I hope the weather stays kind in the med. We are off to Menorca in a couple of weeks.28c forecast.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, lincslady said:

ICF posts mainly when he has a cruise booked and he's just done that for February.  No doubt he'll pop along and give you the benefit of his wisdom shortly! I confess to finding it amusing and sometimes rather overpowering and rather stupidly get led by the nose but it does liven things up!

Edited by Megabear2
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

Great news Graham, always nice to hear, dinner out to celebrate perchance?

4 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

Brilliant news Graham, I am pleased for you

Michelle

3 hours ago, Beckett said:

That's great news Graham - so pleased for you. 

This is a good day on the forum: You've got the all clear and Harry has posted again. Now we need our dear Kalos to to be well again.

It's raining very heavily down here and blowing a gale. Best wishes. Jane xx

Thank you Phil, Michelle and Jane for your kind sentiments.

• Like 3