P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

3 hours ago, lincslady said:

Our Interested Cruise Fan - they  rarely post, then a sudden large amount of posts on various P and O topics, for some days, and then off again.  I am just being nosy, wondering why this pattern, maybe they will say.  No doubt there is a good reason, however, it is not really any of my business!

I think it's because he is still young, and actually still has a life, and a job! 😂

Edited by happy v
  • Like 3
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, happy v said:

I think it's because he is still young, and actually still has a life, and a job! 😂

Yip that's about right .. for us school holidays and I post more. Not for much longer .. we retire at  Christmas so you'll have to put up with me more.

On a different note .. take care Kalos x

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Been blowing a hughly all day yesterday and pouring rain today , weather been terrible since we got home and we didn’t bring it with us because it was all too hot and sunny when we were away . I think my other half came back with you know what !! He’s not been to well which is very unusual for him but feeling a lot better today, lots of lemonsips refused me taking a test on him but he’s stayed in since Saturday and we haven’t seen the kids yet . We put on about a stone in weight each but almost lost it all bar a few pounds now since Saturday, just goes to show how liquid can make you heavier 😂 .

So pleased for your results graham and josy and my fingers are double crossed for you too Michelle, take care everyone and you too Kalos 😉

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Morning I hope everyone's OK.

Had a glance yesterday and saw Josy and Graham had good  results, also  thanks for the good wishes, I see Harry posted as well but I can't find his post or mine ,possibly me using this phone, again thanks for the good wishes.

Not much fun laid here in bed with a box of tissues.(That doesn't sound right does it ?)

Try to post again later if I feel up to.it. Everyone take care 🙂 

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, kalos said:

Had a glance yesterday and saw Josy and Graham had good  results, also  thanks for the good wishes, I see Harry posted as well but I can't find his post or mine ,possibly me using this phone, again thanks for the good wishes.

Not much fun laid here in bed with a box of tissues.(That doesn't sound right does it ?)

Stay positve Kalos you will soon be back to posting.  

Take care.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, kalos said:

Morning Kalos - hope you get better very soon.  

I did post yesterday - just once - but it was removed for some reason.  It seems an absolutely innocuous post, so I'll repeat it because it must have been a mistake:

"Kalos, I'm really sorry to hear that. I sincerely hope you kick it into touch quickly (laughter being the very best medicine!) and aren't too uncomfortable while you do that.  I guess you're on the list of those able to access the antivirals, and if that's the case I hope the procedures work well in your area. Please do prompt them in the event of a delay which might jeopardise the 5 day window. Sometimes, I understand, that's necessary.

Harry"

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

It looks like we could have a nice day today, we currently have clear blue skies. I haven't ventured outside yet but I suspect that it is cold because the heating was on when I got up. 

More fun with the school run today, my niece texted last night, they decided to keep her in hospital so I could also be doing the afternoon pickup too if dad can't  do it.

My arm is aching from yesterday's covid jab so tonight could be fun after I have had my shingles vaccine this afternoon in the other arm.

Have a great day everyone.

• Like 10

31 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Stay positve Kalos you will soon be back to posting.  

Take care.

31 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Good to hear from you Kalos. Wish you better soon but in your own time. Take it easy. Jane xx

Doing  my best to get there  and distracting my self with papers headlines... such as rubbing baboon poo onto a dianetics  feet can cure ulcers?🥴 

I wonder if it would work on my sore ribs??

Josy , why not have your jab in your sore arm that's got to be better than 2 sore arms ??

• Like 8
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, kalos said:

Thank you Kalos.

Best wishes mate.

Graham.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have a sore arm and feel rotten this morning. Happy times yesterday when I passed my annual diabetes and prostate watch and wait review. Then the nurse said you have not had a shingles jab, OK say I so it was part one yesterday and part two in 6 months. I have read the leaflet and it appears that i have the very common side effects 🥴

• Like 11

Morning all

We’re a bit of a sad & sorry lot here today, what with actual there’s a lot of it about, vaccination effects from not wanting it, or flu, or shingles, plus assorted other medical bits.  I’m ok, but the dog has an iffy tummy.  Thank heavens for hard flooring and Dettol wipes.

Anyway, all the best to everyone poorly.  Hopefully kalos’ attempts at humour mean he’s on the road to recovery.  As my old Dad would have said, with a west country burr,  “I think we’ll rare ‘em”, where rare is a strange pronunciation of rear, and the expression comes from raising livestock.

Yesterday was so wet, there was hardly a dry five minutes, but today has dawned sunny (and a bit nippy).  Hope your day is good everyone

• Like 14

The sun's out, blue skies and 9 degrees.  Thankfully our garden and drive drain very easily and my cars are no longer standing in 6 inches of water. My own car was my dad's Ford, now 19 years old, battered and bashed but working like a trojan with only 41,000 miles on the clock. I've just received my insurance renewal from the people who don’t make a drama out of a crisis. Drama, hmm, there wasn't one till their email arrived!!  Anyway good news, my household insurer just offered a car insurance quote and on checking like for like I'm only going to pay £12  more than last year so the moral is take the time and do the search, work and maths.

• Like 14

The morning started well but is going downhill.  I dropped my niece's children of at school but the daughter had forgotten her keys to get back in this afternoon so I had to detour back to their house to get them from her dad before he goes to see my niece in hospital.  Dad then told me that they haven't told the children yet but she is terminal and will be on morphine now until the end.  They have an appointment with her oncologist this morning to see whether or not they are prepared to let her come home.  I am going round to see my sister now because I can't imagine how she is feeling knowing that both her husband and daughter are both terminal.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

34 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

The morning started well but is going downhill.  I dropped my niece's children of at school but the daughter had forgotten her keys to get back in this afternoon so I had to detour back to their house to get them from her dad before he goes to see my niece in hospital.  Dad then told me that they haven't told the children yet but she is terminal and will be on morphine now until the end.  They have an appointment with her oncologist this morning to see whether or not they are prepared to let her come home.  I am going round to see my sister now because I can't imagine how she is feeling knowing that both her husband and daughter are both terminal.

Hard to find words. I can’t imagine what you and your loved ones are going through. All you can do is stay strong doing what you are doing. All best wishes from this side of the city. 

• Like 6