P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

25 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Frank had chicken pox as a child and also shingles when he was in his 50's but they still gave him the shingles jab.

I've never had chickenpox either, but as was explained to me,  you can't catch shingles, but you can catch chickenpox from someone with shingles.  So I had the jab too, better safe than sorry. 

Avril

That’s interesting to know, thank you. It’s 2 and a half years before I need to think about this seriously, but good to get info now 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, kalos said:

Don't worry still laid in bed,try to get up and walk around bedroom for 5 min to help keep my lungs clear and risk of clots.

Been a very good lad and following all medical advice. 😊

Take care mate.

Best wishes for a full recovery.

Graham.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

It is raining heavily here now.

I had the Pfizer booster just over 3 hours ago.

Afterwards we went to the beach and had ice cream.

I hope everyone is having a good day and looking forward to the weekend.

We had our Pfizer booster this morning too, along with our flu jabs.  When I said we were going home for a cuppa, the nurse told me a group of ladies went in yesterday with cakes they intended to treat themselves to after the jab.  We know how to live it up Graham don't we?  Ice cream and cakes - so we called in at Aldi and bought muffins to go with our tea 😉

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mrsgoggins said:

We had our Pfizer booster this morning too, along with our flu jabs.  When I said we were going home for a cuppa, the nurse told me a group of ladies went in yesterday with cakes they intended to treat themselves to after the jab.  We know how to live it up Graham don't we?  Ice cream and cakes - so we called in at Aldi and bought muffins to go with our tea 😉

I hope you are okay after both vaccines today.

I have my flu jab on Monday at my doctor's.

So far I am fine with only a tiny tenderness at the injection site.

• Like 6

9 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I hope you are okay after both vaccines today.

I have my flu jab on Monday at my doctor's.

So far I am fine with only a tiny tenderness at the injection site.

Absolutely nothing to report from having both jabs together. Neither of us felt anything with no tenderness either, so all is good.

We originally had the flu jab booked for this morning at our doctor's but when it was offered to have both (at Aspire) we didn't hesitate.  Obviously I would have cancelled today's appointments, but within an hour we received text messages asking us confirm attendance at the doctor's, or to cancel, so I didn't even need to phone them.

I hope Monday goes smoothly for you.

Grey skies today but Sounds of the Sixties is on the radio, so I'll do a bit of reminiscing before I start my day.  California dreamin' on such a winter's day ....... sigh! 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

I’m another who enjoys Sounds of the Sixties.  I think I heard it was the most-listened programme on Radio 2?

It’s a lovely sunny morning.  Just awaiting my 8-9 grocery delivery and then we’ll be off to the caravan for some vit D  therapy

Edited by Eddie99
  • Like 12

16 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

I’m another who enjoys Sounds of the Sixties.  I think I heard it was the most-listened programme on Radio 2?

It’s a lovely sunny morning.  Just awaiting my 8-9 grocery delivery and then we’ll be off to the caravan for some vit D  therapy

I like to watch That's 60's on freeview sometimes, seeing the clothes and bad miming makes me smile but the music is great.

• Like 8

Good Morning Campers

@Kalo another lovely photo and you sound a bit brighter every day. I hope Matron (Mrs K - I just promoted her) is well too.

@Josy1953 thoughts and prayers every day for you all Josy.

Had flu jab on Thursday - all good. I'm having Covid vac on Wed next week so after that I'm ready to take Winter on - I love Winter.

I hope you all have a lovely weekend whatever you're doing. I've just seen the weather forecast and it seems some parts of the country (North West and Scotland) are going to catch the tail-end of hurricane Nigel on Sunday so batten down and be safe.

Best wishes. Jane xx

• Like 12

A bit of blue skies and sunshine so today is salmon rolls for lunch with a bottle of bubbles down on the beach for lunch , it’s a bit fresh in the air at the moment but hopefully a bit warmer at lunch time , other half in out on his power walk now down the beach often comes back in pain 😂 I’m trying to re- learn crochet again because my 3 granddaughters are all coming round on Monday after school to start learning crochet 🫣 I’m not sure my patience is going to do this , I’ve tried to learn them knitting and only 1 of them grasp it , I’m sure it’s just a excuse for them to come round and be spoiled here and have their dinner & chocolate 😁

Have a lovely weekend everyone what ever you are doing.

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

A bit of blue skies and sunshine so today is salmon rolls for lunch with a bottle of bubbles down on the beach for lunch , it’s a bit fresh in the air at the moment but hopefully a bit warmer at lunch time , other half in out on his power walk now down the beach often comes back in pain 😂 I’m trying to re- learn crochet again because my 3 granddaughters are all coming round on Monday after school to start learning crochet 🫣 I’m not sure my patience is going to do this , I’ve tried to learn them knitting and only 1 of them grasp it , I’m sure it’s just a excuse for them to come round and be spoiled here and have their dinner & chocolate 😁

Have a lovely weekend everyone what ever you are doing.

Of course the come to grandma’s to be spoiled, have dinner and chocolate!! Knitting and learning how to crochet are secondary!! 

We have ours next weekend, so I know I will be shopping for treats this week and planning things to do. World Fireworks championships in Blackpool next Saturday night so we will go to that 

Hope everyone is ok today, have a good weekend. We are decorating or rather hubby is decorating and I am keeping it all tidy and cleaning up 

Michelle

• Like 11

2 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Of course the come to grandma’s to be spoiled, have dinner and chocolate!! Knitting and learning how to crochet are secondary!! 

We have ours next weekend, so I know I will be shopping for treats this week and planning things to do. World Fireworks championships in Blackpool next Saturday night so we will go to that 

Hope everyone is ok today, have a good weekend. We are decorating or rather hubby is decorating and I am keeping it all tidy and cleaning up 

Michelle

I’ve never heard of a world championships for fireworks before….. bet the animals will love that.

It also reminds me that the season of fireworks is fast approaching 😢

Hope the decorating goes well.

x

• Like 8

42 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

I’ve never heard of a world championships for fireworks before….. bet the animals will love that.

x

I know, the poor animals, however our dog just isn’t bothered at all but our previous dog was terrified.

I think they compete by country, it’s Switzerland next Saturday, they do it every other weekend. Think it’s an annual thing so what with the Illuminations and the fireworks it’s quite bright and sparkly in Blackpool at the moment

Michelle

• Like 8

16 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

It is raining heavily here now.

I had the Pfizer booster just over 3 hours ago.

Afterwards we went to the beach and had ice cream.

I hope everyone is having a good day and looking forward to the weekend.

Years ago ,when I had a jab Mum gave me a lollypop.🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

On 9/21/2023 at 9:07 AM, Josy1953 said:

The morning started well but is going downhill.  I dropped my niece's children of at school but the daughter had forgotten her keys to get back in this afternoon so I had to detour back to their house to get them from her dad before he goes to see my niece in hospital.  Dad then told me that they haven't told the children yet but she is terminal and will be on morphine now until the end.  They have an appointment with her oncologist this morning to see whether or not they are prepared to let her come home.  I am going round to see my sister now because I can't imagine how she is feeling knowing that both her husband and daughter are both terminal.

How awful Josy, so so sorry xx

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

x

Good Morning Gill. I hope you and Freddie are well.

Yes fireworks are on the horizon - that's come round quickly hasn't it! I wouldn't mind so much if it was just a couple of nights but it seems to go on for a month where I live. Also from 10th- 14th November we have Diwali which is a lovely festival but......more fireworks. I'd better start sorting out all Ted's anti-firework plug ins so I'm prepared. Have a lovely weekend Gill. Xxxx

• Like 4

Morning all, ooh you’ve been busy since I’ve been away! My parents are ok as they can be but we had an A&E trip for my mum last week as she fell, cut just above her eyebrow and it wouldn’t stop bleeding.

My Dad had given up driving now so we’ve been doing lots of shopping for them. We went to Liverpool for a couple of nights, my sister came up one day and managed to lock their internet banking 🙄 So I had to sort all that out.

Re jabs I’ve got my flu one booked for a couple of weeks time through my work but don’t think I’m getting any others. My parents have had a message from their GP but it’s just to say they do they want them!

Sorry to hear @kalos has been unwell but his post had gone! 

• Like 5

As a kid we had a dog that weren't bothered by fireworks. He liked bonfire parties as he knew he would get hot dogs etc.

Same as most dogs he would get edgy if indoors but more than happy to go walks or sit outside watching them.

• Like 8

Thought I’d post my pics separately. It was our 36th wedding anniversary on Tuesday 19th and we had a lovely meal in an independent Italian.

We also went up St John’s beacon for fabulous views and had a great river cruise which gave me a brilliant view of the Viking cruise ship in port!

IMG_9570.jpeg

IMG_9573.jpeg

IMG_9532.jpeg

IMG_9562.jpeg

IMG_9524.jpeg

IMG_9511.jpeg

IMG_9463.jpeg

IMG_9452.jpeg

• Like 20

Might be an appropriate time to remind people with scaredy dogs (and cats, sometimes) about the very good Dogs Trust desensitising plan

https://www.dogstrust.org.uk/dog-advice/life-with-your-dog/seasonal/fireworks  & YouTube videos like this 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryNlmw8745U

Play it soft at first, whilst distracting the dog with play, or a bone, or something it likes.  Play it every day, getting louder, and remember that nice things must happen whilst it’s going

There’s also hemp for dogs (we know what *hemp* means, don’t we boys and girls) which will generally chill them, or valerian, which can be useful for surprise fireworks as it has a calming effect which kicks in quickly

Rule 1 is to try to act normally yourself - if you’re anxious Poochie will pick up on it and get anxious too

Edited by Eddie99
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Good Morning Gill. I hope you and Freddie are well.

Yes fireworks are on the horizon - that's come round quickly hasn't it! I wouldn't mind so much if it was just a couple of nights but it seems to go on for a month where I live. Also from 10th- 14th November we have Diwali which is a lovely festival but......more fireworks. I'd better start sorting out all Ted's anti-firework plug ins so I'm prepared. Have a lovely weekend Gill. Xxxx

Hello Jane …

Yes, me and Freddie are both well thank you.

The gardener cut the grass at 9am this morning. Freddie immediately went and played outside and came back with green paws so has just had to have his paws dunked in the bath. The bath now needs cleaning as there’s a green tinge to to it…🤣

Freddie hates fireworks. When I know they are about I find a Piriton helps calm him. The vet said it was fine to give him one each evening (he’s 12.5kg).

@Eddie99 I’d forgotten about valerian - thank you. Freddie doesn’t react to any of the you tube videos played at full blast, but the real thing is a different matter. I suspect he feels the noise……

Gill x

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1