P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Morning everyone, and what a fabulous morning it is too🌞

I spent most of yesterday dead-heading roses, cutting down the dead flowers from the Geums and Red-hot Pokers and drastically cutting back an overgrown Rosemary shrub that had been overtaking the corner of the garden. I've discovered muscles I never knew I had, but on the plus side, my BP is better than it's been for months 132/46👍

I have to admit I'm ruled by the weather. When it's wet and miserable, then so am I, but when the sun comes out the real Avril emerges😁

@kalos How's Mrs K this morning kalos? improving I hope under your TLC.

Re:- dogs on ships. P&O allow service dogs on board their ships however, they have to provide medical proof that they are needed, and wear a service dog harness when not in the cabin. That was what we were told when we asked about it for a friend who was interested in cruising. I was a few years ago now so it could have changed.

Well the pots and baskets are watered, the breakfast table is laid and I shall make another coffee and sit outside until his highness surfaces.

Enjoy this wonderful day everyone whatever you're up to, whether on land or sea, and take care.x

Avril

Edited by Adawn47
  • Like 8

7 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

@kalos How's Mrs K this morning kalos? improving I hope under your TLC.

She's fine now and says thanks for asking about her and say Her shoulder only 

hurts when she pokes it .

No prizes for guessing my advice on that one.😄

She has no bruising at all and is planning on shoving the lawnmower about 

tomorrow-So looks like she's OK.

We hope you and Frank are keeping well and he has found that special holiday you both deserve 

Take care 💗

• Like 4

Last one about dogs - of course genuine  official dogs for blind people, etc. are and should be allowed on ships.  These are definitely not genuine guide type dogs, merely pampered pets of pampered owners, and legally should not be on cruise ships.  What concerns me is that the numbers are rising, no doubt when people (maybe here on CC) find out that they may get away with it.  I believe that the dogs going transatlantic on Cunard can be visited by their owners, and no doubt there are vet. nurses etc on board to make sure all is well.  The places are always, I understand, booked up quickly by loving owners moving abroad for a while and not wanting to have their pets put in the hold of a plane.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, lincslady said:

Good morning everyone.  It looks as if it will be summer again today, at least on this side of the country, so hope we can make the most of it by being outdoors.

I had a great lunch yesterday - this is one lovely small country pub which is really busy even on a weekday lunchtime.  Because the staff are friendly and super efficient, and there is a big choice of tasty food served piping hot.  They really deserve to be successful.  I even had a pud., a lovely raspberry pavlova, and was so stuffed my dinner was a glass of orange juice.  

Has anyone been reading about the new phenomenon of dogs on cruises, purporting to be 'service' animals?  I find it entertaining, though I would not like to be on a 'luxury' ship to find a pampered pooch sitting on a sofa near me, or in a handbag in the restaurant!  Been seen on Regent, Silversea and Seabourn ships, I suspect generally with USA owners.  The crews are not happy at having to clean and tidy the cabins for such clients, but management seem to be succumbing to pressure from rich and entitled people.  I feel petty sure it would never happen on a P and O or Saga ship.

I hope not! I hate dogs indoors and can smell them hours later. I don’t like them in cafes and restaurants either. 

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Ardennais said:

I hope not! I hate dogs indoors and can smell them hours later. I don’t like them in cafes and restaurants either. 

I don't like them either,even with onions and mustard.

• Haha 12

45 minutes ago, brian1 said:

I don't like them either,even with onions and mustard.

You could try them with fried cat Brian ,folk are having them chipped 

but I will stick with the spuds 😊

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, Ardennais said:

Poodle cross varieties don't really smell, or at least my sons Labradoodle doesn't.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Poodle cross varieties don't really smell, or at least my sons Labradoodle doesn't.

Depends which deodorant the dog uses John under arm or roll on 🙃😉

normal_dog_smell_deodorant_eng.jpg.a6441454898c38340174d16cdae47d37.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

10 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

My Cockapoo doesn’t whiff either…… and he is always cleaning his paws.🐶 but @kalos I’ll admit he is very partial to eau de fox if available!

I love that I’m allowed in many cafes and pubs with him, but imo it is always best to have a separate seating area so those who do not like dogs can avoid. 

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, brian1 said:

It must be an advantage being able to lick ones own bum.

Not sure what that advantage might be, but I’ll take your word for it! 🤣

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, kalos said:

You could try them with fried cat Brian ,folk are having them chipped 

but I will stick with the spuds 😊

My mate said I needed to chip the cat and although I only have a 9 iron I managed to get it over the garden shed.

• Haha 10

1 minute ago, Angel57 said:

Not sure what that advantage might be, but I’ll take your word for it! 🤣

Once a man walked into a pub and a man said to the dog owner watching his dog 

cleaning his own tackle.

"Bye eck I wish I could do that "   To which the owner replied ...

"Buy him a bag of crisp and he may let you "  !!  😉🤣

• Haha 9

Hello everyone, we are currently in the Premier Inn Newbury South prior to joining Aurora tomorrow. She's the only ship in the current fleet that we haven't been on so I'm very excited!

Julie x

• Like 10

5 minutes ago, Peppers mum said:

Hello everyone, we are currently in the Premier Inn Newbury South prior to joining Aurora tomorrow. She's the only ship in the current fleet that we haven't been on so I'm very excited!

Julie x

Aurora is our favourite ship.  We had a fantastic Norwegian Fjords cruise on her last summer. The scenery is amazing so I'm sure you will have a wonderful cruise.  Enjoy!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Peppers mum said:

Julie x

A really lovely ship. You’ll have a great time.

Bon Voyage 🛳️

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Peppers mum said:

Julie x

Have a great cruise Julie. A good friend of mine is off on her first ever cruise on Iona. I'll tell her to wave to you! I've been on Aurora three times - before and after she became adults- only - and I loved the warmth and friendliness on board. Bon Voyage. Jane xx

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Peppers mum said:

Julie x

I love Aurora, we are going on her in November so take care of her for us.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

I don't know what you said but it must have been funny.

Silent oldies are the best ...Buster keaton, Laurel & Hardy... Zapp😉

• Haha 3

I am just back from having a curry with my sisters.  We went to a restaurant that I hadn't  been to before but I had heard good reports of it. We have all said that we will be going again.  We usually tend to eat at quieter places but this is now on the  list of good places to eat locally.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, kalos said:

Silent oldies are the best ...Buster keaton, Laurel & Hardy... Zapp😉

I was trying to edit my post, but my keypad was typing rubbish.  No change actually.

• Haha 2