P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

No sleepy eyes tonight and I’m up in two hours time to go and pick my brother up and start travelling up to the Lake District to hopefully miss some heavy traffic.

I got a little distracted looking on my princess personaliser and the excursions are on offer at the moment, buy one get 50% of second one , so put a couple in my basket until other half wakes up 😁 but they are only on sale for the next 8 hours, trouble is I can’t remember what price they were all at before and wondering if I’m being to eager to book some .

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

No sleepy eyes tonight and I’m up in two hours time to go and pick my brother up and start travelling up to the Lake District to hopefully miss some heavy traffic.

I got a little distracted looking on my princess personaliser and the excursions are on offer at the moment, buy one get 50% of second one , so put a couple in my basket until other half wakes up 😁 but they are only on sale for the next 8 hours, trouble is I can’t remember what price they were all at before and wondering if I’m being to eager to book some .

Bowness on Windermere is a lovely place.

Hawkshead, Ambleside, Grasmere and Keswick are all wonderful.

I'm sure you will have a wonderful time.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

A grey morning but already a pleasant 17°.

I am meeting some friends for coffee this morning after I have done the school run and shopping.

I hope that none of you are caught up in the Manchester Airport chaos. 

My sister and B-i-L are due to fly out to their apartment in Lanzarote, I'm not sure if they are going from Manchester or from Liverpool because they usually go from either of those depending on the prices when they are booking their flights.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Bowness on Windermere is a lovely place.

Hawkshead, Ambleside, Grasmere and Keswick are all wonderful.

I'm sure you will have a wonderful time.

Bowness on Windermere also a nightmare in finding somewhere to park, as we found out last year.

• Like 2

Morning all,

Yesterday's scan went as expected and the nurse inserted the canula without any problems, so didn't become a pincushion! Now just have to wait for the results🤞

We have a partly cloudy sky but the sun is out, although not very warm at present only 15c but expected to warm up. 

Nothing exciting planned just a trip out to the shops and if turns out nice, will take a book into a garden.

Have a good week.

• Like 10

9 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

I hope you booked them. If they go cheaper you can cancel and rebook. 

Edited by Gettingwarmer

Very overcast and humid here.  Topping up the greenhouse watering at 5.30am this morning the outside thermometer showed 17 degrees.  It's only meant to be 23-24 degrees today so taking advantage to deadhead the pots, bags and baskets.  Currently overrun with cucumbers from my three plants, we now have 6 ready to pick and 2 in the fridge with at least 30 more forming!  I've asked my OH if he can find a cucumber soup recipe as a result!

Got a bit carried away yesterday and booked a week in Ischia at a spa hotel for the period between our Scotland trip and our Aurora cruise, seemed a shame to have 5 weeks with nothing in it!  Never stayed there although I've had many holidays to Sorrento and Amalfi that took in trips to Capri.  I had wanted to choose Croatia to be honest but so many hotels had warning about smoking being allowed in bars and restaurants it put me off.  Ischia looks like an adventure with a 2 1/2 hour ferry trip from Naples.  Apparently I'll be picked up at 5.30am for my return so I hope I'm not too relaxed or I might miss the boat!

Now holding for Cunard to book a couple of Queen Elizabeth cruises for next year and the 2026.  They seem to be as bad as P&O on answering calls these days. Carnival House really does need some extra staff.

Have a great day everyone whatever you are doing.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Snow Hill said:

Bowness on Windermere also a nightmare in finding somewhere to park, as we found out last year.

I usually park on the hill from Windermere to Bowness or call at the lovely Bells field hotel overlooking the Lake and get a snack and drink and enter car registration into the hotel reception machine when entering.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

We’re off to lake Windermere tomorrow for a few days , never been in that area of the uk before only driving pass that area going to Scotland, so it will be interesting to see what it’s all about and what’s local .

We stayed in Bowness in Windemere on the way back from Southampton last year and had a lovely time.

Had the “alternative” afternoon tea at then Wild Boar which was great. Instead of sandwiches you get a selection of mini main hot dishes then cakes and scones. Also tea choice and a drink with it, their mini house beer selection was great..

We also booked lunch at the Old Stamp House in Ambleside and while it was pricy it was worth every penny.

In the town centre we loved T hole in T wall pub. It on one of the back streets and serves good pints and local food. It’s a traditional local pub but get there early as it fills up.

The Beatrix Potter museum is in the middle of town, there are lots of nice boat trips, a boat museum and if you want to go a little further the Quaker Tapestry Museum in Kendall is well worth worth a visit.

The headquarters of Lakeland is there with their flag ship shop, worth a visit as well.

Lots to see and do, car parking very expensive.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Afternoon, whilst Mrs K is recovering from fall the other week I thought as we both like things aviation, I thought let's dust off the aircraft receiver and get out. 

I also booked  a premium runway view that came with breakfast and mini  bar.🍸 

Here are few pics armchair views..

20240624_080946.thumb.jpg.7708e436eb62dd7a73ed053e4be3da12.jpg

20240623_215542.thumb.jpg.9e0d79ac5389aff808d92c6815f8b1db.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

That looks fun kalos, and I hope Mrs k is recovering well and that the trip helped

Busy day today, with lots of posts & lots of people on the move.  We met up with my sister & bil & we went for a walk around the Cerne Giant.  Poor Mr Giant is badly in need of some weeding and re-chalking - he didn’t display very well at all.  However, we had a grand walk (with a couple of precarious descents) and a lovely lunch in the courtyard of one of the 3 pubs in the village.  She brought her 2 dogs, so with ours as well we were quite a pack!

The sun stayed stubbornly hidden, but given the fairly strenuous walk, maybe that wasn’t so bad.  It’s sunny now.

Pictures would have improved with sunshine, but you can see the glorious countryside 

45F97451-3988-41DA-B707-4D31957AEFA6.thumb.jpeg.20700138244c166dad5ce9346c1890e4.jpeg

A7638FCF-6F5D-4002-B204-D4195C96F268.thumb.jpeg.96830efe17306d3e102d9fd360ba227f.jpeg

9C11F682-8779-4B50-AD7B-899F2A28606B.jpeg

• Like 10

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

We have just got home after our 14 night's cruise on Arvia.

We stayed overnight in a hotel in South Yorkshire on our way home.

I have started a thread and happy to answer any questions.

Welcome home Graham

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

We have just got home after our 14 night's cruise on Arvia.

We stayed overnight in a hotel in South Yorkshire on our way home.

I have started a thread and happy to answer any questions.

Yes, welcome home Graham. I'll be looking for your thread very shortly, so thank you in advance.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Morning a Warm 18.c start to the day around here ,at least I got 5-6 hours kip.

Not a lot doing today but looking forward to Mrs K's summertime concoctions.

Yesterday she made us a bowl full of strawberries,grapes and chopped apple 

smothered in yogurt ,that had all been chilled in the fridge for a hour or so.

Very refreshing it was too.

Whatever your doing today -Take care 😊

• Like 10