P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Awake early with stomach ache, we had meal out last night and dish I had was overrun with onions, a cup of peppermint tea has eased it off. 

Anyway it’s currently bright and sunny, with a temperature a chilly 9C 🥶

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Rupert2251 said:

Is this the look you were referring to, looking very sorry for herself

Screenshot_20240815-223603_Gallery.jpg

Aw Cheddar….. 😘

Do you feel guilty? 🤣

Hope she feels better soon!

• Like 1

Cheers guys,I've got an early appointment.Better than a end of shift job and down the pub on a Friday.I was raised in Dagenham,I know the score.

• Like 5

@brian1 Good luck today……

@Snow Hill - fantastic results for your granddaughters - you must all be so proud.

@Peanut006 - I hope your granddaughter gets on ok with having her brace fitted tomorrow. Not pleasant for her.

@P&O SUE what a stressful and long day you had with your Mum and her appointments. I’m not surprised you had a migraine. But the scone does look rather nice. What went on first - cream or jam? 🤣

Have a good day everyone.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

A nice bright morning here but only 14° at the moment, hopefully it it will brighten up later.  Nothing much planned today other than taking our favourite teenagers out for a curry tonight because they missed DH's birthday when they were sailing around the Med.

Edited by Josy1953
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Angel57 said:

@brian1 Good luck today……

@Snow Hill - fantastic results for your granddaughters - you must all be so proud.

@Peanut006 - I hope your granddaughter gets on ok with having her brace fitted tomorrow. Not pleasant for her.

@P&O SUE what a stressful and long day you had with your Mum and her appointments. I’m not surprised you had a migraine. But the scone does look rather nice. What went on first - cream or jam? 🤣

I don’t want to start a debate but jam first!

Edited by P&O SUE
  • Like 6
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Hello all. Took mum to her appointments on Tuesday, she was called over an hour late. I went to enquire if they’d missed her because they’re normally pretty prompt there. Turns out she was seeing the actual consultant and not one of the underlings . She was lovely but I can see why she was overrunning , she chatted for ages about non related stuff! 
Then we zoomed over to our usual local hospital to get the X-ray done on her bent finger. Queue not too big so we hoped we’d have her back to the Home for a late lunch by 2pm. After the X-ray they said they wanted us to go to A&E! Nooo! We all said couldn’t we come back the next day because we were all hot and hungry and as she did it two weeks ago we didn’t think another day would matter. No, they’d rather we didn’t, gave us the impression we’d be sort of rushed through - no! We joined a queue just to book in that didn’t move for ages! 😞

Anyway they decided it wasn’t broken or dislocated so we took her back to the Home. Not the best day off for John and I - we picked her up at 9.30 and got her back at 4.30!! Mum was shattered too.  Her speech was really poor by the end not surprisingly and they kept asking me how the fall happened - I wasn’t there so didn’t see it! As a result I had a banging migraine yesterday so didn’t go to work. Back at work today but when John got home from work we went to a local place for a coffee and cake - I had a scone .

IMG_1620.jpeg

Sending you all our love and best wishes Sue.

Graham and Pauline xx

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

I just can't see how you could spread jam on top of cream.  The other way round is at least possible.

Hope things are on the up and up for you from now on, Sue.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

I like your scone Style Sue.

Butter.

Jam

Cream is what we do.

This was ours at the Inn on the Lake on Lake Ullswater a couple of weeks ago.

It is 13°C and clouding up now after sunshine earlier.

IMG_20240816_094633.jpg

• Like 6

Had a couple of nights stay in Manchester...went to see Lord Of The Dance at the Palace...fab u lous ...now looking forward to the Riverdance show next year

Will be a toss up which we will enjoy most next year...War Horse ( already seen it) or Riverdance

Anyone any recommendations for any of the current or up & coming theatre shows ?

Weather on Wednesday...brilliant...weather yesterday... not brilliant 😕

• Like 7

I have never understood how folk get into a tis over such things , I simply slice 

said scone in half  put jam on one side on cream on t'other side ,join together and 

eat it .Job done !

A bit like being in your chippy ,do you put salt on before or after vinegar ?

All down to preference 🙂

Take care and have a good day .

• Like 9

Definitely cream first then I can leave the jam off, I'm not a lover of jam besides which my granddad was a Devonshire man and that was what he told me was the correct way. 🤣🤣

I was looking through a cupboard a few weeks ago week and found granddad's bible which was given to him in 1889 by East Street Baptist Sunday School Newton Abbot.  It is a bit tatty now but it has had a long life.

20240816_095150.thumb.jpg.569813578c08b049744acf410e8daca9.jpg

Edited by Josy1953
  • Like 9

6 minutes ago, kalos said:

I have never understood how folk get into a tis over such things , I simply slice 

said scone in half  put jam on one side on cream on t'other side ,join together and 

eat it .Job done !

A bit like being in your chippy ,do you put salt on before or after vinegar ?

All down to preference 🙂

Take care and have a good day .

Just vinegar on my fish and chips.

I never put sugar in my tea or coffee.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

Just vinegar on my fish and chips.

I never put sugar in my tea or coffee.

Same here as on a salt free/low diet , as for the jams and creams I avoid both ,so 

was what I used to do .

These days I have my tea black and no sugar .

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Butter.

Jam

Cream is what we do.

IMG_20240816_094633.jpg

Looks lovely Graham. Yes I love butter first in an ideal world but that wasn’t offered this time ☺️

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, janny444 said:

Had a couple of nights stay in Manchester...went to see Lord Of The Dance at the Palace...fab u lous ...now looking forward to the Riverdance show next year

Will be a toss up which we will enjoy most next year...War Horse ( already seen it) or Riverdance

Anyone any recommendations for any of the current or up & coming theatre shows ?

Weather on Wednesday...brilliant...weather yesterday... not brilliant 😕

I haven’t seen it yet but my friend’s daughter is currently touring in ‘A Chorus Line’ I’m seeing it next month when it’s at Canterbury.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Butter.

Jam

Cream is what we do.

IMG_20240816_094633.jpg

That is not clotted cream!!

15 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

That is not clotted cream!!

???.

You were not there John so how do you know??.

The Lake district view and fruit Scones are posted for others to enjoy not to criticise.

Regards Graham 

1 hour ago, kalos said:

Same here as on a salt free/low diet , as for the jams and creams I avoid both ,so 

was what I used to do .

These days I have my tea black and no sugar .

I always put milk in my tea or coffee so my crowns and implants don't stain too much as I do drink a lot of coffee especially as you probably notice on the beach photos.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

???.

You were not there John so how do you know??.

The Lake district view and fruit Scones are posted for others to enjoy not to criticise.

Regards Graham 

Not a criticism Graham, just a personal opinion.

Just now, terrierjohn said:

Not a criticism Graham, just a personal opinion.

Personally I would not make anything but nice comments on people's food photos.

I get strange looks off people sometimes when I take food photos and sometimes it takes several attempts for the photos to load on CC which is frustrating but I do it only for others to enjoy.

It would be much easier for me not to bother.

Kindest regards 

Graham.

• Like 1