P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Good morning everyone😊

Well I wish this weather would make up it's mind. Got up this morning to clear skies, sunshine and full of plans. Had my shower and I came out to dark overcast skies, and all my plans going down the drain along with the water🙄 Maybe it's having a shower that did it😁 At least the winds have abated.

I've had an email this morning excusing me from jury duty, so that's good. 

Congratulations kalos on obtaining your pilots licence for South Yorkshire Airlines👍. Knowing the correct terminology for cloud formations must have been crucial.

I hope everyone's day will be a little more interesting than my looks to be, so whatever you have in store for today, stay safe and enjoy.

Avril

Edited by Adawn47
  • Like 10

Interesting day for me Hip number 1 replaced yesterday done by 11am no rest for the wicked the physio had me up at 4pm, few steps. Got myself up and out in the night using a walker and being attended by my trusty drip. By 10.30am all machines gone and drips out. I think that once I have ascended and descended the mock flight of steps I shall be homeward bound. SIL is transporting me home and will collect Brother who drew the short straw of the dachsies. Managing on my own then apart from a call service from nursing agency just in case. Physio at home booked from Saturday. 

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

Good morning everyone😊

>snip<

Congratulations kalos on obtaining your pilots licence for South Yorkshire Airlines👍. Knowing the correct terminology for cloud formations must have been crucial.

I hope everyone's day will be a little more interesting than my looks to be, so whatever you have in store for today, stay safe and enjoy.

Avril

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, ccpm said:

Interesting day for me Hip number 1 replaced yesterday done by 11am no rest for the wicked the physio had me up at 4pm, few steps. Got myself up and out in the night using a walker and being attended by my trusty drip. By 10.30am all machines gone and drips out. I think that once I have ascended and descended the mock flight of steps I shall be homeward bound. SIL is transporting me home and will collect Brother who drew the short straw of the dachsies. Managing on my own then apart from a call service from nursing agency just in case. Physio at home booked from Saturday. 

It’s amazing how quick and routine this op is now. 20+ years ago when my mum had hers done she was in hospital over a week.

Take care and don’t do too much too soon.

Gill

• Like 5

1 hour ago, ccpm said:

I think that once I have ascended and descended the mock flight of steps I shall be homeward bound. SIL is transporting me home and will collect Brother who drew the short straw of the dachsies. Managing on my own then apart from a call service from nursing agency just in case. Physio at home booked from Saturday. 

Get well soon ,those dashie's won't walk themselves:classic_smile:

giphy.gif.5621119a4b36c34403a7abf67633906d.gif        Or will they ?? :classic_unsure:

• Haha 7

Thanks all going home at 4pm. Home being not Norfolk until tomorrow am stopping in Northants tonight with SIL.  The dachsies have had a 10 mile walkies today much to their annoyance and no doubt will get one tomorrow too. The paid dog walker however I suspect will walk a lot less and then a play in her secure field. They will think better of that idea, don't tell Brother!!!!!!

3 hours ago, Angel57 said:

It’s amazing how quick and routine this op is now. 20+ years ago when my mum had hers done she was in hospital over a week.

Take care and don’t do too much too soon.

Gill

My father was in for 6 months and died after having a fall at home and fracturing hip. Had 3  operations weeks in traction with leg of side of hip fracture and died of pneumonia due to being bedbound. That NHS care in Stoke-on-Trent for you.

3 hours ago, ccpm said:

Great news.

Sounds like a very successful operation.

Good luck with your recovery.

Graham.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, ccpm said:

Pleased its going well for you, it’s all done so quickly nowadays, so take it easy and slowly and you’re soon be out walking those low riders .

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

Not a bad day here with plenty of sun. Mrs YP got her washing dry while I completed out SPTh forms for our upcoming jolly to Lanzagrote. Cases nearly packed and everything organised, I hope.

I hope you have a nice holiday in Lanzarote from Saturday Phil.

Graham.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

Not a bad day here with plenty of sun. Mrs YP got her washing dry while I completed out SPTh forms for our upcoming jolly to Lanzagrote. Cases nearly packed and everything organised, I hope.

Weather getting better there all the time after some pretty iffy days recently.  At least you missed the latest Calima.

We are trying to decide on a villa for November. Spolit for choice - looks as if people are not confident about booking too far ahead.

Enjoy your holiday.

Edited by wowzz
  • Like 2