P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Guest ccpm
3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

It is 15°C and the rain is pouring down.

I just got home in time after picking up some brochures from my local TA.

Does that indicate further adventures on the cards Graham?

Here it feels like the artic, dark as the gates of hell but no rain. All dogs clinging to the fire.

2 minutes ago, ccpm said:

Does that indicate further adventures on the cards Graham?

Here it feels like the artic, dark as the gates of hell but no rain. All dogs clinging to the fire.

I am always looking at potential cruises or hotel stays.

We have had pouring rain then bright sunshine then rain again here today.

Good to see that Teddy has recovered fully

We’re at the caravan for a week or so and have had a super day today.  It’s still warm and sunny at past eight o clock.  Forecast says weather improving!  Phew.  Glad I packed plenty of factor 30.

View from the SW Coastal Path this morning.  We also saw Arcadia back in at Portland, tho’ too far away to get a decent pic

95768734-DFF7-47BF-9D27-8CB0EA497CCC.thumb.jpeg.e1164213ed843ea486235a618030cfc6.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Morning everyone, hope you are all well this morning. 

We got home from Estepona last night after 10 nights away. Estepona is a very pretty place. Our hotel was nice but I have to say for me personally it was always too noisy and bright in the buffet each evening. It has confirmed for me evening meal in a buffet is not my first choice.

Estepona old town was about a 45 min walk away and the marina area about 20 mins. 

We had no problem flying out of Manchester airport after hearing about terrible queues. Coming back was a different story. Border control was no problem. The flight was 1hr30 late departing and we had to wait 2 hours from landing to getting our luggage. Ours was the only flight landed and the only luggage carousel been used out of eight so why two hours I have no idea. They must be very short staffed. Dreading going through in August when it will be busier. Wish I had booked a cruise out of Southampton now!!

Anyway piles of washing and supermarket trip await me today. In-laws arriving tomorrow for the weekend. Busy Busy

Take care everyone 

Michelle

• Like 11

32 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Morning everyone, hope you are all well this morning. 

We got home from Estepona last night after 10 nights away. Estepona is a very pretty place. Our hotel was nice but I have to say for me personally it was always too noisy and bright in the buffet each evening. It has confirmed for me evening meal in a buffet is not my first choice.

Estepona old town was about a 45 min walk away and the marina area about 20 mins. 

We had no problem flying out of Manchester airport after hearing about terrible queues. Coming back was a different story. Border control was no problem. The flight was 1hr30 late departing and we had to wait 2 hours from landing to getting our luggage. Ours was the only flight landed and the only luggage carousel been used out of eight so why two hours I have no idea. They must be very short staffed. Dreading going through in August when it will be busier. Wish I had booked a cruise out of Southampton now!!

Anyway piles of washing and supermarket trip await me today. In-laws arriving tomorrow for the weekend. Busy Busy

Take care everyone 

Michelle

Thank you for your feedback Michelle.

It seems like you have had a good time except for the hotel buffet.

Those 10 days have flown by.

That wait for your luggage in Manchester was unacceptable.

It is 11°C here and partly cloudy.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you for your feedback Michelle.

It seems like you have had a good time except for the hotel buffet.

Those 10 days have flown by.

That wait for your luggage in Manchester was unacceptable.

It is 11°C here and partly cloudy.

Unsurprisingly people were very frustrated having to wait all that time. Luggage was coming through wet and dirty as well, complaints were been made.

We went to Mijas which was lovely and

La Duquesa which I loved. We should have hired the car for longer really to explore further. 

For a disabled person like me traveling with a mobility scooter and wheelchair there were no accessibility problems which is always a bonus.

Michelle

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Guest ccpm

Did get some rain yesterday but not much. Today back to bright and sunny. Highlight of today GPs for a blood test. Other than that no plans but I must get some soon I'm starting to live like a trainee hermit. 

Morning

Mum’s wheelchair has arrived so I’m going out shopping with her & dad this morning. A trial run, getting used to pushing her around without running anyone over 😳 She gave up on the crutches and has bought a Zimmer frame for around the house.

Last chance to get to Bluewater shopping centre before our cruise.

• Like 14

20 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

Morning

Mum’s wheelchair has arrived so I’m going out shopping with her & dad this morning. A trial run, getting used to pushing her around without running anyone over 😳 She gave up on the crutches and has bought a Zimmer frame for around the house.

Glad to see that your mums getting mobile again ,she will soon adapt I'm sure.

Years ago I have had broken foot in plaster and the worst was broken arm and 

hand (I did nothing by halves back then ).  Over the weeks in plaster I soon became 

good at things like opening a fag packet (gave up years ago ) and playing  my mates 

at pool in the pub and to their annoyance, beating them ,with one hand . 

On the upside your mum will get more skilled at getting around but on the downside 

she will need to be careful that she doesn't go over again .

Enjoy your shopping at Blue Water as one of my my pension shares are tied to this.

So feel free to spend loads a money :classic_love::classic_smile:

Edited by kalos
  • Like 4

Weather better today so that fence will be on the list for today. Had a nice walk and have also booked an Arvia cruise for next summer, only £127 deposit and £180 OBC. Started my pre cruise lock down today, avoiding crowds and food deliveries from Tesco. I am determined to get on that Norway cruise this month.

• Like 11

9 minutes ago, kalos said:

Enjoy your shopping at Blue Water as one of my my pension shares are tied to this.

So feel free to spend loads a money :classic_love::classic_smile:

I'm sure Mrs K is delighted when you give her the same advice kalos . Spend spend spend🤑😁

Avril

• Haha 6

18 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I'm sure Mrs K is delighted when you give her the same advice kalos . Spend spend spend🤑😁

Avril

Oh she loves it when I  let her loose in Poundland  for a few minutes :classic_wink:

• Haha 9

14 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

Good to see that Teddy has recovered fully

We’re at the caravan for a week or so and have had a super day today.  It’s still warm and sunny at past eight o clock.  Forecast says weather improving!  Phew.  Glad I packed plenty of factor 30.

View from the SW Coastal Path this morning.  We also saw Arcadia back in at Portland, tho’ too far away to get a decent pic

95768734-DFF7-47BF-9D27-8CB0EA497CCC.thumb.jpeg.e1164213ed843ea486235a618030cfc6.jpeg

Looks like the fleet🤔

45 minutes ago, davecttr said:

Weather better today so that fence will be on the list for today. Had a nice walk and have also booked an Arvia cruise for next summer, only £127 deposit and £180 OBC. Started my pre cruise lock down today, avoiding crowds and food deliveries from Tesco. I am determined to get on that Norway cruise this month.

I paid for ours today. Ouch. We will get over it by July.🛳️

1 hour ago, SarahHben said:

Morning

Great news Sarah.

Paulines late mam's wheelchair was great for her mam and also was good for hanging the shopping bags on when they were shopping 👍

• Like 4

2 hours ago, zap99 said:

Looks like the fleet🤔

Correct

It’s like The Med here today.  Gorgeous 

Bit crowded though

11219395-259C-4359-9782-9FF2F7D725ED.thumb.jpeg.436ec6dc8307612df7e435f893c75f29.jpeg

Arcadia is still in at Portland.  Poor pic but I couldn’t get closer and I don’t have a telephoto lens etc - just my phone

11219395-259C-4359-9782-9FF2F7D725ED.thumb.jpeg.436ec6dc8307612df7e435f893c75f29.jpeg

9471A22C-6B0F-4BBE-9C58-9BCAB1954FA5.thumb.jpeg.275ac187b46c53a334977a03139e8a6f.jpeg

• Like 11

4 hours ago, davecttr said:

Yes - I too am in pre cruise mode, although not P and O this time. First trip since 2019 so super excited!   I fly to Athens a week on Saturday and stay 3 nights with my daughter and son in law who live there (haven’t seen them for two and a half years either)  and then join Azamara in Piraeus and sail to Barcelona.    

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, Ilovemygarden said:

Yes - I too am in pre cruise mode, although not P and O this time. First trip since 2019 so super excited!   I fly to Athens a week on Saturday and stay 3 nights with my daughter and son in law who live there (haven’t seen them for two and a half years either)  and then join Azamara in Piraeus and sail to Barcelona.    

That sounds like a lovely trip. Hope you have a great time

Michellr

• Like 1

A lovely bright day here in Stoke.  I spent my morning at the food bank where we had very busy morning,a very definite increase in clients since last week.  I expect that in the coming weeks we will see even more people as the cost of living continues to rise.  I had to go to Sainsburys afterwards to get some things that Tesco didn't have in stock went I shopped there on Tuesday, as seems to be usual I was tempted and brought stuff that was not on my list.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, SarahHben said:

Morning

Enjoy the shopping trip, and make the most of the chance to practice steering that wheelchair.

• Like 2