P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

40 minutes ago, kalos said:

I think it's Italian for "Hot unhappy fish":classic_unsure::classic_smile:

fish.jpg.b4a018d6bc6415a967ea461d6a1a4f0b.jpg

Could be worse,covered in beef dripping batter,lol.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

I haven’t got any Radley handbags but often in shops my hubby can be heard saying “step away from the handbags”!! I reply “a girl can never have too many handbags” 😂😂

My husband and I frequently have exactly the same conversation 😂

• Like 3

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

What,police with machine guns seizing illegal  reserved sunbeds.

Sorry, should have explained myself better.  One's comment was directed to "The inflatables".

On P&O, the Police SWAT Team would also require full body armour, and covering fire.

Woe betide any guest moving a "reserved" empty sunbed two inches, just to walk through, as the assembled Coven will turn on you, with the missing reserver promptly returning to deliver a punch in the face.

The Coven, having witnessed everything, will deny anything occurred to officials.

Edited by PORT ROYAL

13 hours ago, Britboys said:

That's at least better than Ventura where, rumour has it, passengers throw sunbeds over the side of the ship...

On our first cruise,Sea Princess in the Carib in 2007.A whole Brit wedding party were kicked off for doing that.I bet it's even happened on Cunard,lol.

13 hours ago, PORT ROYAL said:

Sorry, should have explained myself better.  One's comment was directed to "The inflatables".

On P&O, the Police SWAT Team would also require full body armour, and covering fire.

Woe betide any guest moving a "reserved" empty sunbed two inches, just to walk through, as the assembled Coven will turn on you, with the missing reserver promptly returning to deliver a punch in the face.

The Coven, having witnessed everything, will deny anything occurred to officials.

I bet on Queens grill deck,they get ones butler to bosh the geezer in the face.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, brian1 said:

I bet on Queens grill deck,they get ones butler to bosh the geezer in the face.

Not one's Butler, but do know the Cunard MD' "Mafia" has more discreet and clever ways of dealing with miscreants, without any direct connection to one.  You agree?

7 hours ago, PORT ROYAL said:

Not one's Butler, but do know the Cunard MD' "Mafia" has more discreet and clever ways of dealing with miscreants, without any direct connection to one.  You agree?

Probably,I think all their "cousins live down here.

We went to Dover Castle today and saw several cruise ships,  Majesty of the Seas, Jewel of the Seas & Disney Magic. After taking way too many photos of them from the castle we went for a wander and got a better view of two of them .

IMG_0437small.jpg

IMG_0458small.jpg

IMG_0518 small.jpg

IMG_0526small.jpg

• Like 9

Apropos of nothing relevant, I've just been pointed in the direction of this website, which looks rather useful for those thinking of booking a last minute UK break - it gives the areas at risk of lockdown as well as those already locked down plus those (currently) in the clear. If it's been posted before and I missed it, apologies.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1APtcBmI4JeTR0Ysufjavgg2gy4MBiHz0Hf9eKIp5BSo/edit#gid=1865138965

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, AnnieC said:

Apropos of nothing relevant, I've just been pointed in the direction of this website, which looks rather useful for those thinking of booking a last minute UK break - it gives the areas at risk of lockdown as well as those already locked down plus those (currently) in the clear. If it's been posted before and I missed it, apologies.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1APtcBmI4JeTR0Ysufjavgg2gy4MBiHz0Hf9eKIp5BSo/edit#gid=1865138965

Thanks for that Annie :classic_smile:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AnnieC said:

Thank you.We have just booked a week in Whitby for beginning of October and it looks fine at the moment.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ann141 said:

Thank you.We have just booked a week in Whitby for beginning of October and it looks fine at the moment.

Whitby is a nice place to visit and somewhere we have been to many times.

It is also an excellent base for touring the North Yorkshire Moors,Heartbeat,Malton, Helmsley, Flamingoland and Eden prisoner of war camp at Pickering and other coastal resorts like Scarborough,Redcar, Bridlington etc.

Hopefully you will get away and have a fantastic time.

Graham.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

It is also an excellent base for touring the North Yorkshire Moors,Heartbeat,Malton, Helmsley, Flamingoland and Eden prisoner of war camp at Pickering and other coastal resorts like Scarborough,Redcar, Bridlington etc.

Graham.

Beautiful Yorkshire. Nowhere like it.💕

Avril

• Like 3

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Graham.

I can' believe that we have lived in Derbyshire for over 30 years and never previously visited Whitby!! Really looking forward to it and we will probably stop for lunch at Malton on the way.We also have a night at Bridlington as we have never been to Flamborough Head.We only live 10 miles from the border of South Yorkshire  so its about time we explored more of the county!!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

Live in Staffordshire and have never been to Whitby but for some reason wife keeps on pestering me to go I have no idea why. Even more so I have never visited Yorkshire either.

Whitby Abbey was where some of the Dracula films were made.

1 minute ago, majortom10 said:

Live in Staffordshire and have never been to Whitby but for some reason wife keeps on pestering me to go I have no idea why. Even more so I have never visited Yorkshire either.

You are missing out on some beautiful places and  scenery. Whitby with it's tales of Dracula, and Robin Hoods Bay and Staithes, which are like quaint 18th century fishing villages. Come and visit us, we're friendly folk 😃

• Like 1