P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

48 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Please keep the showers in your part of the country.  It is dull but dry here and I would prefer it to stay dry until my washing is dry and then I would like it to be dry this evening when I am out bowling 🌞

I think that it is coming your way, only light here for a few minutes which has just dampened the ground. I need to mow the grass today (during lunch at the test match😊) so hopefully will have dried off by then.

• Like 1

Good morning all it’s a lovely sunny day here again, looking after two grandchildren today because some of the secondary schools have broken up already and mums are still at work, so we had cooking lessons this morning and we made breakfast croissants filled with sausage, bacon, cheese, cooked in the air fryer, I managed to save two for my husband who’s gone to the dentist, then we’re go the beach for a walk I think , we had lunch on the beach yesterday with a bottle of bubbles our first this year so hopefully many more while weather is good 😊 

• Like 9

Morning everyone, hope you are all ok today.

It’s sunny /cloudy here today but quite pleasant. 

In-laws are staying in Blackpool for a few days so I am picking them up later and they are coming for tea then we are going to Lowther Pavilion tonight to see a local production of the musical 9 - 5. 

Another vet appointment this afternoon too to check on our elderly dog,

Michelle

• Like 11

1 minute ago, happy v said:

Fantastic. Have they got a watch set up for when they hatch? I would get up during the night to see that 

A few years ago they put a fence around it and put warning notices up.That was earlier in the year and not so busy..I'll find out and post.any news.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

Brilliant Brian lovely watching local dancing, did you practice it yourself once you got back home in your garden 😁

Only in the local bar when West Ham won the other week.

• Haha 8

Good Afternoon,

Sorry not been around or posting much since the weekend since OH was admitted to hospital. It has been a pretty busy and stressful few days, getting to and from the hospital in Truro, with major road works added and the fact that I am not allowed to drive yet. He didn't have a heart attack, allthough things were touch and go for a while, he is now sorted and home taking it easy. 

Although I am bit late,  I would like to thank you all for your good wishes.

• Like 24

A cloudy with the old sunny spell sort of day, temp around 20C managed to cut lawn an strim part of shared drive until battery ran out, will complete tomorrow. 

Also managed to get bedding and towels dry, even though not much wind. 

Pile of stuff in garage ready to go to recycling centre tomorrow including MIL old microwave, her council charge, but ours take them for free and will pass items on for repair & refurbishment if suitable.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

temp around 20C managed to cut lawn an strim part of shared drive until battery ran out, will complete tomorrow. 

The Mrs has just gave our grass /lawn a once over as after tomorrow most of UK....

..(Not Scotland ) is due a very wet weekend and beyond for some .

They are saying could be a months rainfall.

Edited by kalos
  • Like 6

35 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

It has just started raining heavily here.

FB_IMG_1689764800080.jpg.cd0eae54f6a25c3d7feb2c2f3e6339e9.jpg

My wife was doesn't like that the dog was considered man's best friend.

She maintains that her as wife should be considered my best friend.

So I locked them both in the boot of my car and drove around for thirty minutes.

Guess which one was happiest to see me when I let them out ?🙃

• Like 1
  • Haha 12

Good morning everyone, Friday already!! Where do the weeks go? 

It’s cloudy and dull with thunderstorms forecast here today. Awful day forecast tomorrow so any jobs that outside activity is needed are getting done today like the dreaded supermarket shop so I don’t have to go out tomorrow.

Hope you all have a nice day

Michelle

• Like 8

Got up this morning thinking it was Saturday!

Cloudy here, no rain forecast until this afternoon allegedly! 

Today a trip to recycling centre, finish yesterday’s strimming and take card & present to my DIL.

There have been problems with a small number of teenagers using the local churchyard to ride their E scooter around the graves and using the place to smoke cannabis, The police and church have been informed, not something you wish to see when visiting your loved ones as many do. 

On the subject of escooters I submitted Dashcam footage to local police of one idiot who was weaving across a road on his, it’s time these vehicles were either subjects to the same rules as other motorised vehicles or banned from sale. 

• Like 12

We seem to have better weather down here at the minute, currently it partly sunny at 15c and although we had rain overnight no more is forecast until tomorrow.  

I am feeling tired after having been woken before 5 this morning by sea gulls squawking!😡

As it's Friday, I'm another week nearer my holiday. The weeks are starting to go down quickly☺️

• Like 7

45 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

Got up this morning thinking it was Saturday!

Cloudy here, no rain forecast until this afternoon allegedly! 

Today a trip to recycling centre, finish yesterday’s strimming and take card & present to my DIL.

There have been problems with a small number of teenagers using the local churchyard to ride their E scooter around the graves and using the place to smoke cannabis, The police and church have been informed, not something you wish to see when visiting your loved ones as many do. 

On the subject of escooters I submitted Dashcam footage to local police of one idiot who was weaving across a road on his, it’s time these vehicles were either subjects to the same rules as other motorised vehicles or banned from sale. 

Yes I agree about escooters. They are illegal to use in most areas apart from on private land. Some cities and towns do run escooter rental trials, in fact my son rents one to go between his flat in Ocean Village in Southampton and the railway station 3 days a week for him to commute to and from London. I didn’t realise until a few months ago, after watching a channel 4 or 5 police programme, that if you commit a road traffic offence, for example over the drink drive limit, it goes against your driving licence as if you were driving your normal car.

Edited by Splice the mainbrace
  • Like 4

38 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

On the subject of escooters I submitted Dashcam footage to local police

Once upon a time they were not allowed upon our streets but since our councils have 

money to be made from them all is ok .

We see them all over the place in city's for people to get from A to B ,some just dumped

on street corners . They seem exempt from red traffic lights to some who ride them .

Good for some and a pest to others 

• Like 6

Was gobsmacked the other day.  E-scooter rider goes through a red traffic light on the wrong side of the road, then continued riding on the wrong side of the road.  Don't know what's worse, riding one of these things on the wrong side of the road or riding it on the pavement.

To top it all, he was wearing NHS hospital scrubs.  I suppose it makes it easier for the A & E staff to treat him when he gets knocked off.

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, kalos said:

Just been reading they are closing the cruise port  in Amsterdam ..

Reason seems they do not want tourists 🤔🤔

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-66264226

Yes they seem to be looking to discourage tourists, I would have thought to a city of that size a few thousand cruise passengers wouldn’t make much difference. Additionally though the article says that a cruise ship has the nox emissions of 30,000 trucks!! as another reason for the cruise ship ban.

• Like 4