P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

50 minutes ago, mrsgoggins said:

View of the Mosel river from the town of Zell

PXL_20240711_094527652_MP2.thumb.jpg.13d84884b7d82b064635560bded04579.jpg

And I do like a good carb-heavy continental breakfast 🙄

PXL_20240711_0916511272.thumb.jpg.0dc95727e07926696d597fec758b92ee.jpg

Wrong emoji, but can't change it, should have been 😁😁 to the breakfast.

Back in Blue Nun country mrs G 😉.

2 hours ago, mrsgoggins said:

I had breakfast by the Mosel river in Germany yesterday morning and the cappuccino's presentation was amusing!

PXL_20240711_090725106.thumb.jpg.d6f8af64659baed2ae21b8c091b29f5a.jpg

Looks too good to drink! 😁

• Like 3

I've spent the afternoon watching the tennis after the cricket finished at lunchtime. It is annoying when the BBC insist on putting on iplayer promotional trailers a few times at the end of some sets in the middle of the matches. You immerse yourself into a match and then suddenly a totally unrelated item comes on and disrupts the moment. 😡

• Like 4

I saw this joke online, it brought a smile to my face.

A mate of mine bought a ticket for Sundays final many months ago. The cost plus flight was £365. He has now just realised that Sunday is the date of his wedding, so he was wondering if anyone wants to take his place. He added that she's 5ft 5 and quite attractive.

For balance

A mate of mine bought a ticket for Sundays final many months ago. The cost plus flight was £365. She has now just realised that Sunday is the date of her wedding, so she was wondering if anyone wants to take her place. She added that he's 5ft 10 and quite handsome.

Edited by Splice the mainbrace
  • Haha 8

9 hours ago, brian1 said:

Back in Blue Nun country mrs G 😉.

😁😁 Sure am!  But the days when Blue Nun or Liebfraumilch were of any interest to me are long gone - now Apfelschorle (sparkling mineral water and apple juice) is my preferred drink 😇.

Meanwhile, it’s been a surprise to see they still have cigarette machines dotted around the place, even in villages.  This was in Bacharach, a town by the Rhine - the buildings weren’t really leaning!

Cigarette machine 

PXL_20240712_100250995_Original.thumb.jpeg.5635c6f4e03b999064c9c6c4b3b0115f.jpeg

Bacharach
PXL_20240712_112731641Copy.thumb.jpeg.2d7855c1aabda4207496982b9c80c2e6.jpeg

By the way @grapau27 those chips look so good!  Tonight’s German meal has been a tuna salad from Lidl!  Living the high life after our week on Iona last week 😉.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mrsgoggins said:

😁😁 Sure am!  But the days when Blue Nun or Liebfraumilch were of any interest to me are long gone - now Apfelschorle (sparkling mineral water and apple juice) is my preferred drink 😇.

Meanwhile, it’s been a surprise to see they still have cigarette machines dotted around the place, even in villages.  This was in Bacharach, a town by the Rhine - the buildings weren’t really leaning!

Cigarette machine 

PXL_20240712_100250995_Original.thumb.jpeg.5635c6f4e03b999064c9c6c4b3b0115f.jpeg

Bacharach

By the way @grapau27 those chips look so good!  Tonight’s German meal has been a tuna salad from Lidl!  Living the high life after our week on Iona last week 😉.

Thank you for bringing back some memories from the 80s for me , went camping along the Mosel valley and plenty of German vineyards, spent 17 years living in Germany. Have a lovely time there.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, lincslady said:

Cheddar does look very disapproving - who did he not like?

Novaķ Djokovic, she is team Alcaraz and loves it when he shouts "VAMOS" she runs round then brings a ball to you.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Apologies Cheddar for calling you a boy.  She has impeccable taste,  unfortunately there is something about Novak which irritates many of us.  Though I liked Lorenzo, and he is very talented and more subtle as a player, just not as powerful as Novak.  Carlos does need to up his game a bit for tomorrow from what we have seen so far. VAMOS Carlos.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, lincslady said:

Apologies Cheddar for calling you a boy.  She has impeccable taste,  unfortunately there is something about Novak which irritates many of us.  Though I liked Lorenzo, and he is very talented and more subtle as a player, just not as powerful as Novak.  Carlos does need to up his game a bit for tomorrow from what we have seen so far. VAMOS Carlos.

Loved his interview when he mentioned the football, Sunday will be a fun day.

• Like 1

In the past I didn’t mind Novak, he was part of the Federer, Nadel, Murray golden era. However since he thought that he was above the entry requirements of Australia and this year at Wimbledon with not wanting to understanding the support noise for his Danish opponent (as far as I know no opponent has complained about supporters shouting Luuuuke in golf or Roooot in cricket). Then playing an imaginary violin, apparently for his daughter, when he won yesterday i really want Alcaraz to win.

• Like 7

11 hours ago, mrsgoggins said:

Cigarette machine 

Bacharach

Looks lovely Mrs G.We never had time to divert into Germany on our trips even though only a few miles away.One of the reasons we opted for the Danube cruise with places in the Alsace being on the Rhine itinerary.Gutted when it was cut short just entering Germany.Lidl seem to be on every corner in Germany and Austria,lol,the way to go.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Morning all,

I am pleased to report that after all the dull, damp, drizzly, rainy weather we have had recently we have a nice bright, sunny day and expected to reach 18c, although it is still windy.

Having a bbq this afternoon with family, so hopefully he weather will stay dry.

For all sports fans, I hope you enjoy your games, matches, etc.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

• Like 6

Morning hope everyone's ok today.

With all this build up to the football even David Beckham's lad has decided he 

wants to play football .

He asked his dad "What shirt number do you think suit me on the pitch ?"

His dad could be heard saying ...  Wear four out there Romeo 🙃🤣

Have a good day -Take care ! 

• Haha 12

3 minutes ago, kalos said:

Morning hope everyone's ok today.

With all this build up to the football even David Beckham's lad has decided he 

wants to play football .

He asked his dad "What shirt number do you think suit me on the pitch ?"

His dad could be heard saying ...  Wear four out there Romeo 🙃🤣

Have a good day -Take care ! 

Equally bad

Ceasar and Brutus were visiting Dover, Brutus asked Ceasar the name of the road to London, Ceasar replied A2 Brutus. 🥳

• Haha 11

2 hours ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

In the past I didn’t mind Novak, he was part of the Federer, Nadel, Murray golden era. However since he thought that he was above the entry requirements of Australia and this year at Wimbledon with not wanting to understanding the support noise for his Danish opponent (as far as I know no opponent has complained about supporters shouting Luuuuke in golf or Roooot in cricket). Then playing an imaginary violin, apparently for his daughter, when he won yesterday i really want Alcaraz to win.

He has a very sly look about him these days, we don't want him to win because he will equal Feds record of 8 Wimbledons, we are team Alcaraz all the way the same as last year. Looking forward to him teaming up with Nadal for the Olympics.

• Like 3

I don't suppose Princess Kate will be at Wimbledon today to present the women's rose bowl?  It would be nice if she felt well and fit enough.  Otherwise, good old Queen Camilla will probably be there.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

It is 12°C and been raining for hours.

Nothing planned for today.

I hope everyone is well and looking forward to the weekend and match tomorrow.

The Lionesses did OK last night. I hope the men's team picked up a few tips.

• Like 3