P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

7 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I can't decide now whether or not I want to cancel our cruise that we have booked on Aurora later this year.

Sorry to read your cruise did not live up to expectations and hope your next is better

should you choose to go.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Ardennais said:

I think it’s going to be Spain’s day! 🤞

Carlos is as good as unstoppable now, when he improves his first serve ratio he will be totally unstoppable. He makes the difficult shots look routine and given he is only 21 has as many years at the very top as injuries etc. allow.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Grandad John said:

Carlos is as good as unstoppable now, when he improves his first serve ratio he will be totally unstoppable. He makes the difficult shots look routine and given he is only 21 has as many years at the very top as injuries etc. allow.

Carlos was amazing.

As much as I am not a fan of Djokovic I thought he accepted his defeat very graciously.

• Like 8

43 minutes ago, Ardennais said:

That’s interesting Josy and seems very like our cruise on Caribbean Princess last week! 

I’d forgotten about the lighting in the cabin - we also had lights suddenly coming on during the night! The food wasn’t as good as previous Princess cruises either, not that I have high expectations when it comes to their desserts! 

I think that Princess send their older ships to Southampton which is a shame. 

Sky Princess has only been in service since 2019 so not that old. We were on her in 2021 so she must have deteriorated quickly over the last 3 years if she is now looking ‘tired’. We are back on her in September and next May so we’ll see what we find.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

Sky Princess has only been in service since 2019 so not that old. We were on her in 2021 so she must have deteriorated quickly over the last 3 years if she is now looking ‘tired’. We are back on her in September and next May so we’ll see what we find.

Cheddar tried her first strawberry today, not sure if she new what to do with it. It wasn't there for long though

Screenshot_20240714-171936_Gallery.jpg

• Like 11

44 minutes ago, Ardennais said:

I think it’s going to be Spain’s day! 🤞

Did a Spanish bloke do well at tennis?  Didn't watch any of it. How did the Welsh do?.

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Did a Spanish bloke do well at tennis?  Didn't watch any of it. How did the Welsh do?.

There aren’t many tennis clubs in Wales - we’re not posh enough! 

• Haha 3

Looking at Grahams chips the other day ,they looked so tempting 😋

We opted for some chips but with a crispy chicken and garlic sauce😋😋

That's our pre footie meal sorted !    

When going for it two pubs we passed had gangs of fans wearing  their 

England shirts but no one dressed as a referee but fear not as they 

both had a police van of cops sat close by 🙃

image.thumb.jpeg.f9a63471d0da597a9f57b34ef22d53d4.jpeg

Edited by kalos
  • Like 5

12 minutes ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

We were on her in May and she looked fine to us, the MDR food was very good, much better than P&Os Iona in March, and nothing wrong with the buffet breakfasts, although Princess chefs dont really know how to cook english back bacon.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

We were on her in April this year so were astounded at the difference in only 3 months.  It was like being on a different ship.  I think that cost cutting has gone to far.  Most of the staff are as helpful and friendly as they have always been but there seemed to be less staff than in April.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

Great player, best team won and we had a good run, well done lads.

Well done Spain , just one step too far for our lads but no shame in being

runners up again . 

• Like 11

The England lads must be devastated. They did their best but Spain were better. 

I think that Gareth Southgate has done well with the team and hopefully he will lead them to success in the world cup.

• Like 7

35 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

The England lads must be devastated. They did their best but Spain were better. 

I think that Gareth Southgate has done well with the team and hopefully he will lead them to success in the world cup.

Looking at the possible English managers who could replace Souuthgate, with the exception of Eddie Howe I cannot see anyone, and I doubt he would want to leave Newcastle.

I think we need to ensure that there are enough quality assistants to Southgate to ensure there can be someone in place to takeover when he either wants to retire, or fails miserably enough to needs sacking.

• Like 3

Good Morning from disappointed of Hertfordshire.

The best team won undoubtedly but I still feel a bit flat this morning. I hope Gareth doesn't resign. I'd like him to stay for the next World Cup but he, and others, may decide otherwise. If he does go I was wondering who would be the next England manager. Like @terrierjohn my first thought was Eddie Howe but I agree he probably wouldn't want to leave Newcastle. So here's my suggestion - Jurgen Klopp. Great manager, wouldn't take any nonsense from prima donna players, already a Scouser, what's not to love? Just something to consider.

it was so good to see the Princess of Wales at Wimbledon yesterday and Princess Charlotte is a little stunner. I also thought she (Catherine) looked very thin but her radiant smile and warmth was still very much in evidence. 

Have a good day everyone. Jane xx

• Like 10

Morning, it looks to be a pleasant sunny morning but rain will be with us by the

end of the day .

Yesterday evening the sparrow hawk paid our garden a visit and took out  a 

blackbird. The garden seems silent this morning ,must have scared the other

birds away for the time being .

Have a good day and take care .

• Like 8

20 minutes ago, Beckett said:

it was so good to see the Princess of Wales at Wimbledon yesterday and Princess Charlotte is a little stunner. I also thought she (Catherine) looked very thin but her radiant smile and warmth was still very much in evidence. 

Couldn't agree more, the standing ovation brought a tear to my eye.

We are off to Trentham Gardens in a minute for a nice early morning walk before the rain comes in this afternoon. Have a good day everyone.

• Like 7